By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will probably never play GTA IV?

Not a chance! I can't stand bloody, highly agressive games like GTA.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

@Onna76: Good comment. My word!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
Garcian Smith said:
Me, probably. I have no particular interest in open-world games, mostly because they're usually 10-20 hours of content padded with 30-40 hours of backtracking, searching, and killing random enemies.

Am I wrong that your avatar, NMH also consist of open-world where you do mindless jobs for money??? I'm just a little confused about what you are saying here.

After all, not up to me to call you a hypocrite. :)

Welcome back, btw. I own a PS3. I've played the hell out of NMH. The open world aspect is one of the worst parts about the game. The missions are great, however.

I wouldn't play GTA anything to save my life, and I'm sorry you don't understand why some people just find the damn game boring, but I do. I would never say that about a game series I even kinda liked just to flame a console. I know a lot of people irl who feel the same way as me.

I have a real, personal, spiteful, and mean opinion about the type of gamer who lives and dies by GTA, but I'm not gonna throw that one out there, it would start a flame war, but...

It's silly to call people a hypocrite for hating GTA but liking NMH. It only proves one thing. You have never in your life played NMH and have absolutely no idea what your talking about, you clueless troll. 

*ahem* I have played the entirety of NMH. I hate to break this to some of you, but GTA has missions, too. The story is still linear. Just because GTA's open world doesn't suck balls ike NMH (a game I really liked, btw) doesn't mean that having decent open world play is bad. You can go from mission to mission in GTA just as easily as you can in NMH where you have to do stupid busy work to get to the next mission. Liking NMH can only come from the boss fights because the normal fights are rather repetitive too. If you are claiming that the open world is somehow better in NMH that's ridiculous.

Btw, I agree with kingofwales that this thread should be limited to people that arn't just Wii owners, but whatever.

windbane said:

*ahem* I have played the entirety of NMH. I hate to break this to some of you, but GTA has missions, too. The story is still linear. Just because GTA's open world doesn't suck balls ike NMH (a game I really liked, btw) doesn't mean that having decent open world play is bad. You can go from mission to mission in GTA just as easily as you can in NMH where you have to do stupid busy work to get to the next mission. Liking NMH can only come from the boss fights because the normal fights are rather repetitive too. If you are claiming that the open world is somehow better in NMH that's ridiculous.

You hate to break it to me?

Allow me to set you straight. 

Certainly, the "open world" aspect of GTA is better than that of No More Heroes.

However, what you obviously failed to realize was that the "missions" of GTA are far worse, imo. In fact, the reason most people even buy GTA is to play the open world imo, and most of the people who own the game will never beat it.

On the other hand, the missions in NMH are the only reason to play that game. They are interesting and different.

The open world in GTA is basically the same thing as all the missions, but there is some generic goal, like kill some guy on a motorcycle. The non-generic missions are stylistic but boring, like bring the bouncing car to the bounce off and play DDR with the mexican gang.

How can anyone even compare the two games? I really don't understand. You've played NMH, yet you compare it to GTA like, "Well if you like GTA, you like NMH." That's the most rediculious assertion I've heard all day. The games only share an insignificant similarity and you say, that they are comparable? As if NMH had no inherant wierdness to differentiate it from GTA?

You have got to be kidding me.

Now, if you'll go back to my post, you'll realize I said the open world in NMH is the worst part of the game. In GTA it's the best, if you can actually accruately describe any part of those games as "best." I, personally, can't. I'd kindly thank you to leave me to my opinion.

That said, KingofWale is the average modern hardlycore gamer. Probably grew up playing GTAIII, who knows, maybe you did too. He simply can't understand how anyone couldn't love these games that didn't have some alternate agenda for not liking them, like trying to discredit their importance or marginalize his prescious PS3.

I feel the same way about Zelda, because I grew up playing it.

Some people hate Zelda, some "people" hate RE4, Some people hate GTA. I am one that hates GTA. Even though I have a PS3, I certainly don't need to play GTAIV to know that I will continue to hate it just as I have hated every other game in the series, which I do own each one, and have played at least half of the way through. Deal with that at your leisure.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I think there's a lot more variety in the missions in GTA. The missions in NMH were only unique when you got to the boss fight. Everything else in the game was pretty mundane.

My only gripe with the original commenter is that he said there is 30-40 hours of "backtracking" in GTA, which is a major exageration. NMH has a far larger percentage of wasted time which was the entire open world and most of the missions. The only fun part of each mission was the boss fight! They were so good that it keeps you playing, but I'm pretty sure most people will play GTA enough to experience some decent missions if not the same kind of boss fights.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like GTA. I've never liked GTA. The combat sucks. Supposedly in GTA IV that has been greatly improved. The main point I'm trying to make is that the open world of GTA isn't a negative compared to a game ike NMH, and it certainly doesn't require 30-40 of "back tracking."

I won't be playing it. GTA just isn't my type of game. I've watched my friends play some of the earier games, and apart from blowing up helicopters with rocket launchers, nothing in the game interested me.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Not interested in the least. The series rather peaked with San Andreas, and that game ultimately introduced more issues than it fixed. I sense a serious "Sims Expansion Pack Syndrome" effect going on with Rockstar's games, in that each new one ends up being even more broken than the last in spite of the new additions.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Nope. GTA isn't my kind of game. I'd rather be playing Lost Odyssey or Valkyria Chronicles.

+1 for you sir  

this game is a must have for all