By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Xbox 360 Gamerscore League

sublime78 said:

About Rock Band... was anyone seriously expecting badass well known songs?? I knew from the get go they would be like the "bonus" tracks in previous GH games and Rock Band 1.

Well, they're giving them away with every copy of the game, so it's essentially part of the "full" retail game. I don't think it's too much to ask for a dozen decent (i.e. songs I've at least heard of, even if they're not my favorites) songs, and then throw me 40% swill like this. Now, they've basically given half as many useless unknown songs as they have known songs (75 to 30ish) which is a terrible ratio. If they want to artificially boost their track total, they could probably throw a hundred of these crappy unknowns on every sequel from now on out, and officially kill interest for people wanting to play songs they've heard of, not be forced to "discover" a possible gem in a sea of crap.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

R.I.P. Xbox 360 #2

11/19/2007 - 10/22/2008

You will be missed :(

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jasonnc80 said:
R.I.P. Xbox 360 #2

11/19/2007 - 10/22/2008

Me too! My second died like two weeks ago. I'm glad I didn't buy Dead Space for it, though.

I really want Fable 2 and this is holding me back.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

jasonnc80 said:
R.I.P. Xbox 360 #2

11/19/2007 - 10/22/2008

Oh that sucks!  Talk about bad timing.  If mine took out a day into Fable 2 I would go completely nuts.

Well, at least you got about a year out of it, that seems to be par for the course.

I seem to have the worst luck with timing. My first box died out the day after I got Bioshock lol. I think as reconciliation it came back the day of the Halo 3 launch :)

Maybe this one will do the same for Gears 2

I guess my PS3 will get some use now. I sold all my games for it but played some Persona 3 tonight. Great game...

Completed X360:
Around the Network

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 achievements are out

Here

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Dead Space seems really good and I wish I had some interest in horror games, but I just know I would not enjoy playing it (and not playing it!) at all

So annoyed I can't get to Fable II, I'm on holiday and my copy is sitting at home now!, I doubt I'll be able to contend in the race being 1 week behind! I might have leave Gears for a bit to get Fable done

Machina-AX said:

Just got Dead Space. I've played for about an hour and it's really good. I like the story so far (although some of the dialogue is a bit cliched), the atmosphere is excellent, the graphics are really crisp and polished, and the gameplay reminds me a lot of RE4 (a good thing).

I like the way everything is done in-game - holographic projection instead of cut-scenes and menus. It maintains the atmosphere and keeps you immersed. You can be attacked at any time, even if you're sifting through the holographic menus, so you're always on edge. But the menus vanish as soon as you aim with the gun, so you're not frantically trying to get rid of the menus or anything like that.

The game is making me jump a lot too.

So yeah, pretty glad I got this instead of Fable 2. I might get Fable 2 next week, I haven't decided yet. Some of the comments in reviews have really put me off despite the really high scores (main worries are - combat being repetitive, easy and having very little depth. The game being too easy with little to no chance of dying. And character interaction basically being reduced to a series of expressions and attempting to manipulate sliders. Feel free to rid me of my worries guys).

This game sounds really good, I might have to get this soon.

Here are the achievements for Guitar Hero World Tour & You're in the Movies :

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroworldtour/

http://www.achieve360points.com/game/youreinthemovies/

@Machina

The combat from what I've played seems to get better as you go on. I've only gotten about 8 hours in but when you start you have pretty much 1 sword attack, 1 ranged attack, and can cast a single spell. As you gain experience the skills improve and it adds a little more depth. You learn blocks, flourishes, manual aims, and new spells. I'm sure more as well but I haven't gotten that far.

Technically you could button mash your way through a lot of the game but the way the experience system is implemented it encourages variety. If you just swing your sword you'll only gain experience in improving that and vice versa.

It's not NG2 but for what it is I don't have any complaints. If anything it seems to do exactly what you want which IMO is the first step in a successful combat system.

Dead Space is awesome too.

Completed X360: