Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Xbox 360 Gamerscore League

A Gears 2 tournament, bring it on. I'm a master at Gears of War.

Around the Network

I want to be on America's side in any EU v USA tournies. To hell with the EU.

Won't be on Gears 2 though. I didn't like the first game very much at all.

EaglesEye379 said:
Its probably going to work for NA v Rest of the world. Hopefully we can use the new Live Party system and then we have two leaders with their teams set up every Saturday playing against each other.

erikers / Barozi, can I put both your names as preliminary first round team leaders ? I will work out some details later.

If anyone is interested in a Gears 2 tournament and wants to join/has an idea, do shout!

I'm pretty sure there are some better EU Gears players in this league, but you have my permission

I am so disappointed with this update Mr. Eagle! Where are the girlz!!???!

Seriously, thanks for doing all the work. You are awesome!

I like the idea of tournament EU VS NA would be great.

@erikers
Thanks. My 360 RROD last week. What suck is my son console also die the week before , not RROD but fail video output. *sigh* I thought this hardware issue was thing of the past when I bought my kid console. (It's a Falcon, which I noticed a lot of report on E074 error on NeoGaf dead 360 tracking forum).

So I will be out of the race for several weeks.

I hope many of you guys will buy Saints Row 2. Just played 8 hours in a row (get it ? :P ) and it's my favourite game of the year so far. You heard it right: Saints Row 2 has beaten GTA IV !!! (in my opinion of course ;) )

The enhanced "Respect system" improves the whole gameplay, because you are not longer forced to do the "activities" if you don't like them or when there are getting too hard after some levels. (This was the reason I've never finished Saints Row)
Just kill some bad guys and shoot them in the face or in the nuts and you will
recieve pretty fast some respect, which gives you the opportunity to play the missions.

My impressions in numbers:

8.5/10 Graphics
Not much improvements here, but your character looks really good; some effects (water, flashbang, pepper spray) and the explosions look fantastic

9/10 Controls
Pretty solid. Not much to complain here

10/10 Gameplay
A sandbox game at it's best. Diversified missions (much better than GTA IV), the driving is arcade style and the customization possibilities are huge. But here's maybe the biggest advantage: A sandbox game where you can save wherever you want !!!

10/10 Lasting appeal
Online Multiplayer (Which I haven't tested until now), addicting missions and activities + the whole game is playable in co-op mode. What more could you ask for ?

9.5/10 Overall

Bottom line: If you look for a true sequel to GTA III, then don't bother with GTA IV probably Saints Row 2 would be the better choice ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Please give me some feedback on my little review here (I know it's short, but keep in mind it's very late here in Germany [2:00am] and 2nd I've played the game 8 hours without any breaks until now). Are there some more things you want to know ?

( I might do a more detailed review in the next days.)

Around the Network

Fable 2 pub games......

I can't tell you how happy I am that I got it

Very underrated. I am so excited for fable 2!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Barozi said:

I hope many of you guys will buy Saints Row 2. Just played 8 hours in a row (get it ? :P ) and it's my favourite game of the year so far. You heard it right: Saints Row 2 has beaten GTA IV !!! (in my opinion of course ;) )

The enhanced "Respect system" improves the whole gameplay, because you are not longer forced to do the "activities" if you don't like them or when there are getting too hard after some levels. (This was the reason I've never finished Saints Row)
Just kill some bad guys and shoot them in the face or in the nuts and you will
recieve pretty fast some respect, which gives you the opportunity to play the missions.

My impressions in numbers:

8.5/10 Graphics
Not much improvements here, but your character looks really good; some effects (water, flashbang, pepper spray) and the explosions look fantastic

9/10 Controls
Pretty solid. Not much to complain here

10/10 Gameplay
A sanbox game at it's best. Diversified missions (much better than GTA IV), the driving is arcade style and the customization possibilities are huge. But here's maybe the biggest advantage: A sandbox game where you can save wherever you want !!!

10/10 Lasting appeal
Online Multiplayer (Which I haven't tested until now), addicting missions and activities + the whole game is playable in co-op mode. What more could you ask for ?

9.5/10 Overall

Bottom line: If you look for a true sequel to GTA III, then don't bother with GTA IV probably Saints Row 2 would be the better choice ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Please give me some feedback on my little review here (I know it's short, but keep in mind it's very late here in Germany [2:00am] and 2nd I've played the game 8 hours without any breaks until now). Are there some more things you want to know ?

( I might do a more detailed review in the next days.)

I forgot all about this game, must buy. Nice review.

Lookie there. I unlocked achievements this week! ^_^

Is Saints Row 2 out? I knew it would beat Grand Theft Auto 4 in fun factor.

+1 For the Gears Ryder Cup type thingy.

Us VGchartzers should also arrange a few Horde nights aswell when Gears arrives.