By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Xbox 360 Gamerscore League

sublime78 said:
Geez, slow down already on Fable 2. I haven't even gotten home from work to crack the seal on mine and already people are racking up hundreds of points. And Sleepwalker, damn man, give someone else a chance! 470 points before it even goes retail!! So not fair...

jasonnc, I wondered if you didn't like Dead Space or something the way you quit playing it soon after starting. It is quite awesome eh?

Haha I really liked it. My friend is going to let me borrow his when he finishes the game but I don't know how much I'll get to play it with Gears coming soon.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network
jasonnc80 said:
sublime78 said:
Geez, slow down already on Fable 2. I haven't even gotten home from work to crack the seal on mine and already people are racking up hundreds of points. And Sleepwalker, damn man, give someone else a chance! 470 points before it even goes retail!! So not fair...

jasonnc, I wondered if you didn't like Dead Space or something the way you quit playing it soon after starting. It is quite awesome eh?

Haha I really liked it. My friend is going to let me borrow his when he finishes the game but I don't know how much I'll get to play it with Gears coming soon.

It keeps getting better the more you play it, but I understand the Gears statement because I have to put Dead Space and Silent Hill on hold to play Fable now!

Well, I got in the Call of Duty: World at War beta. I'll post my impressions in a few days. w00t! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The 20 dlc songs that were promised months ago for Rock Band 2 were announced today:

* The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"
* Authority Zero - "No Regrets"
* Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"
* The Cab - "Bounce"
* The Chevelles - "Get It On"
* The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"
* Dealership - "Database Corrupted"
* Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"
* The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"
* Hollywood Undead - "Young"
* Kutless - "The Feeling"
* The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"
* Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"
* Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"
* Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"
* Shaimus - "Like a Fool"
* Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"
* Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"
* Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"
* X Japan - "I.V."

It's essentially a collection of pure garbage and congrats to harmonix for making an impressive attempt at making sure nothing close to enjoyable or good was included. Now they can keep releasing all the songs that people actually want and charge for them.

Source

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

erikers said:
The 20 dlc songs that were promised months ago for Rock Band 2 were announced today:

* The Cab - "Bounce"
* X Japan - "I.V."

It's essentially a collection of pure garbage and congrats to harmonix for making an impressive attempt at making sure nothing close to enjoyable or good was included. Now they can keep releasing all the songs that people actually want and charge for them.

Source

Well at least you get to play the game.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
erikers said:

* The Cab - "Bounce"
* X Japan - "I.V."

Source

Well at least you get to play the game.

Quite frankly, you're better off getting games early and cheap/free.  I'd take that over getting Rock Band 2 a few months earlier.  You send me Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 when you get it and I'll send you Rock Band 2 ;)

Erikers, just because you don't know all the bands doesn't mean they're not good.

Eh, but I've boycotted Harmonix games anyhow.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Erikers, just because you don't know all the bands doesn't mean they're not good.

Eh, but I've boycotted Harmonix games anyhow.

These aren't just semi-popular indie bands or popular underground bands like I listen to. A lot of these are local bands that almost nobody has heard of unless they live around them. You would be hard pressed to find people who know more than 2 or 3 of these bands and even less people who like them. This is not what people want from DLC tracks. Especially since it's obvious the game was rushed out to make it before Guitar Hero World Tour and they didn't get the full amount of tracks in the game on time. Now, people realized these tracks wouldn't be as good since they were expendable in the first place, however this shit isn't what people were expecting at all.

Go look around forums about Rock Band 2 and see what other people think of this. Harmonix should stick with shoehorning their own pseudo-rock bands (freezepop, bang camaro etc) into games as bonus tracks.

That's understandable. But there's a difference between what you said here and "pure garbage".

also: I know five of the bands, and I've pretty much ignored the music scene for the past two and a half years.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
That's understandable. But there's a difference between what you said here and "pure garbage".

also: I know five of the bands, and I've pretty much ignored the music scene for the past two and a half years.

For me it's garbage for one simple reason. If I'm interested in expanding my musical horizons, I would do it by getting new music and listening to it at my discretion. Not having 20 preselected random songs from random bands who's musical genres I don't even know. I'll do the experimenting, I don't want to be part of the experiment of throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks with people who pay for a $60 game.