By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 20 Exclusives for the 360 this year - Read on (and see why you need a 360)

7 RPGS (4 JRPG, 3 WRPG) - Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Shivering Isles, Two Worlds, Culdicept Saga

5 Shooters (3 FPS, 1 TPS) - Bioshock, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, EDF 2017

3 RTS - C & C , OverLord, Kingdom Under Fire

2 Racing - Forza 2, PGR 4

1 Sandbox Shooter - Crackdown

1 Card Game - Settlers of Catan

2 Platformers - Castlevania: SOTN, Banjo Threeie

Not to downplay the quality of the games, but I don't find these titles to be that impressive.

I already have Castlevania: SOTN for PS1, and I'd rather have Ratchet & Clank: FTOD and Little Big Planet than Banjo.

Forza 2 and PGR4 are nice, but I'm more excited about Gran Turismo 5, and there's also Motorstorm, Formula One, and Wipeout PS3.

Shooters*yawn* The 360 has too many of these as it is. 

Not really into RTS. 

The only RPG I'd play, Shivering Isles, is on PC.

The PS3 seems to have the better line-up to me(in addition to what I've listed, there's also Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Eye Of Judgement), and even the Wii titles look more impressive(Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
windbane said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Very nice list, but I'll jump on the bandwagon and agree that PC games like C&C3 shouldn't be considered exclusives. Left 4 Dead is going to rock! But I'm getting it for PC.

Indeed, I am very excited by this game and would love to see it on the PS3. I face the choice of either buying a 360 or upgrading my PC. Since I do other things with my PC that would benefit from a dual-core CPU, I'm leaning towards a CPU/Motherboard/RAM/GPU upgrade that shouldn't cost much more than a 360 Elite (which if I bought a 360, I'd get). I think it'd be around $600 total, compared to at least $530 just to play a 360 Elite online for that first year (and yes, I'd be playing Left 4 Dead online, at least).

But the main thing is I'm pretty sure my PC won't break like the 360 keeps doing (really don't understand why they didn't fix that for the Elite), as others have said.

I also look forward to Bioshock and some others on the PC. I would get Shivering Isles but I'm already invested in Oblivion on my PS3 so I'll just hope the expansion goes there or I'll restart on my PC at some point. Oh, Lost Planet, which I'm not sure you listed but is a decently rated game, will also be on the PC.

I also think you over-rated Halo 3's sales considering the first 2 combined barely sold more than you are predicting, but you are entitled to your opinion.

To not be a total jerk, though, I would like to play Mass Effect and Too Human if they pan out. To me, those and Halo 3 are the best games to look forward to right now for 360 owners.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Currently, my computer can't play new games like Supreme Commander...it's just not good enough.  And on games like Counter Strike, even with settings on medium, I get framerates no higher than 50.

I'm probably going to buy a whole new computer this summer, so I can give my old one to my family.  I'll get a dual core, good GPU, and at least 2 gigs of ram (shouldn't need anymore, right?).  I'm probably going to spend $600-$700...not counting a 20-22 inch ws lcd monitor...that probably won't be more than $225.

So yeah...I could even get a PS3 or 360 with that money...but yeah, PC's just different.

Yeah, I was thinking 2 gigs as well, which should be about $100 (unless some natural disaster occurs in Taiwan...no joke...RAM prices skyrocket when those happen).  Not that I'm getting Vista yet, but I've heard 2 gigs is good for Vista.

I haven't been as closely following PC games as I should be since my computer is fading into the sunset, but I'd also like to try Company of Heroes in anticipation of Starcraft 2, heh.  I'm also replaying Starcraft but I could do that on a 10-year-old PC...Looking it up just now, though, apparently THQ did both CoH and Supreme Commander...go figure.  Perhaps another RTS creator is rising to the top along with Westwood and Blizzard (and Microsoft's Rise of Nations...blah blah...heh).  Wow, THQ also did the Warhammer RTS, Dawn of War.

Basically, this shows that the 360 is RPG / FPS heaven. Pretty much the only non-RPG / FPS on the list is Settlers of Catan. Tho to be fair, 360s catalog of non-RPG/FPS are pretty good, just don't stand out as much as their RPG / FPS list. XBLA has been particularly good at filling out on the other genres that the 360 lacks. But not enough for me ( a non-fan of RPG/FPS ) to buy it

Calling "Castlevania Symphony of the Night" a 360 exclusive is a bit of a stretch. It's been on PS1, and it's being ported to PSP. "Shivering Isles" isn't really exclusive either, nor is "Eternal Sonata". Also, a number of others you've listed as "exclusive" are/will be available on PC as well.

Eternal Sonata is as exclusive as MGS4.

Around the Network

Except that the "Eternal Sonata"-to-PS3 leak is based on ESRB data.

It's hard being a 360 fan here... On a side note I purchased Forza 2, only got to play for an hour yesterday, but I absolutely love it.

oh and Gears of War should of been on that list.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

and Too Human! I thought it was coming out this summer?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Dolla Dolla said:
Eternal Sonata is as exclusive as MGS4.

IT NEVER WAS STATED, THAT Eternal Sonata is "xbox360 only" TITLE. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

This ESRB "leak" could just as easily be a "mistake". And it's true, Eternal Sonata was never touted as a 360 exclusive. But there have been no announcements about it cross-platforming, and, surprisingly, no rumors about it coming to PS3 either. The only thing that existed was the ESRB thing, and it's gone now. It's tough being a neutral fan on this site, gebx!