By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 20 Exclusives for the 360 this year - Read on (and see why you need a 360)

yeah, i love, when games, which will come to PC called x360 exclusives... =)
i mean, exclusive = the game, which you won`t be able to play nowhere else in next 5 years atleast. Like MGS3 or SotC - they are exclusives to ps2, and to play those games you need to buy ps2 or atleast ps3.

i mean, if i don`t need to buy x360 to play bioshock or alan wake, then it`s not exclusive.

and that stuff, games for windows, it just games for pc. And if M$ not leaving a choice, people always can get cracked vista and not pay. So it`s a pc game.

p.s. though nice list, i mean, on x360 also will be games to play.
well, some games are overrated, most of them get 8-9 just like forza 2 or crackdown. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
OriGin said:
Good looking list, but for me there are only 3 games that appeal. Eternal Sonata (will buy a 360 for this game) Blue Dragon Halo 3 The rest can either be had on PC or I don't want them so that's what i'll buy it for... it might not happen that I buy one this year - i will probably wait until the next hardware revision because I aint buying something that is surely going to red ring one day (it WILL happen one day).

You say you are not at all interested in generic games (Uncharted: Drakes Fortune apparently) then you say you are interested in Halo 3?

You have a very strange idea of what generic is.

This list looks to be the weakest of the three, without Halo 3 to ride on Microsoft looks like they would really be clutching at straws about now.

The fact is, that although you can grumble about many of the titles being PC available, the fact is, that I posted it to counter the fact that the PC never recieves any love on the forum, and we're discussing console sales, there are no PC charts here, therefore irrelevant. Dallinator, so you consider major JRPGs, WRPGs, and the great racers "weak" without halo? Sales wise, I agree somewhat, but gameplay wise, I just wonder if you've played half the games on Xbox that are getting new games on the 360?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Even if games are on PC, people still frequently buy consoles to play them, with some exceptions like RTSs, Sims or MMOs, though I expect those will move to consoles too, just like FPSs did. I don't think it does this list any good to disclude 360/PC games any more than it does the Wii list any good to disclude Wii/DS games. Exclusivity among home consoles is pretty strong, seeing how home consoles hold the bulk of the software market, despite games costing a premium over handheld and PC games.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

mrstickball said:
The fact is, that although you can grumble about many of the titles being PC available, the fact is, that I posted it to counter the fact that the PC never recieves any love on the forum, and we're discussing console sales, there are no PC charts here, therefore irrelevant. Dallinator, so you consider major JRPGs, WRPGs, and the great racers "weak" without halo? Sales wise, I agree somewhat, but gameplay wise, I just wonder if you've played half the games on Xbox that are getting new games on the 360?

But do you not agree that this is the weakest lineup of the three?

Around the Network

Decent list I guess... I myself would have put a completely different list up there though (and the thread needs more pics!). I personaly like Gears, Dead or Alive 4, Guitar Hero 2 (if you are allowed to use next gen exclusives), Viva Pinata more than alot of the games on this list, but still interesting to see what others like. OO, and Dead Rising :) But maybe you shouldnt concentrate so much on the already released games, everyone pretty much already knows about those. And seriously... the most promising titles are multiplatform titles like GTA, Assassins Creed, Guitar Hero 3 etc. :)

XB360 not for me confirmed! The only game I would like to play is Eternal Sonata. And no, it doesn't look like better than, say, Tales of Symphonia, but looks like on par with it, from what I've seen. So one game wasn't enough for me to buy such an expensive console, but the poor reliability makes it a no-go for me anyway. I still hope Eternal Sonata comes to the PS3 though, as it's more likely I'd buy a PS3.

ookaze said:
XB360 not for me confirmed! The only game I would like to play is Eternal Sonata. And no, it doesn't look like better than, say, Tales of Symphonia, but looks like on par with it, from what I've seen. So one game wasn't enough for me to buy such an expensive console, but the poor reliability makes it a no-go for me anyway. I still hope Eternal Sonata comes to the PS3 though, as it's more likely I'd buy a PS3.

i bet it will come to the ps3 later this year....

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Eternal Sonata is as likely to go multiplat as Haze is (guaranteed), but the fact that it's coming out first on the 360 I'll get that version for sure. Nice pics.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Dallinor said:
mrstickball said:

But do you not agree that this is the weakest lineup of the three?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't. That's why he posted this. Lots of 360 titles have gotten great reviews. For evidence, please look here:

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6876

You can see two things -- first, Xbox360 has substantially more exclusives than either of the other two consoles, and second, that thus far (that is, of the games that have been released) the quality of the 360 exclusives has been substantially better than those of the Wii or PS3 (based on metascores).  

So the 360 has more exclusives than the PS3 -- not just already released, but more in development --  it has more total games that have recieved a higher review score, and has a higher percentage of games that have recieved a higher review score. If you don't personally care for the games released, that's fine, but there's a very strong argument that the 360's lineup is the best of the three consoles, not the worst.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">