By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metaphor: ReFantazio - Reviews: 94 Metacritic / 92 Opencritic

LegitHyperbole said:
Hiku said:

Do you make use of separate save files in case you decide you dont want to spend the calendar day that way?
And some times in SMT games, bosses that seem impossible have some strategic weakness involving buffs/debuffs.

For example, one boss fight had you fight against multiple bosses that hit way too hard. The trick was to charm one of them, so he would attack the other boss with that insane power. Another boss was never able to land a hit on you if you increased everyones evasiveness. Etc.

Oh right, I was told to check a information merchant about the dungeon, maybe that's where you learn if there is a weakness or not. And yep, save scumming for sure if this is the way of it. 

Press turn system. Like SMT it rewards/punishes for attacking weakness or not. TBH the best battle system Atlus made is in Tokyo Mirage Sessions. It uses a similar idea but adds the encore system. If you attack the weakness everyone in and out of your party will attack. Enemies can do the same however you can sub in other members of the party during battle (which SMT also does)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

I have a complaint. I tried to go off that beaten path to do a dungeon after upping my wisdom enough to do so and the boss at the end of that dungeon was a complete brick wall. There was no indication that this would be a waste of my time, only a waste of a day on the calander and the enemies in the dungeon prior to the boss were not indicative at all of the bosses strength as they were very weak comparatively and now there is no indication of when I should return, to level meter. I could easily waste a day on the calander again only to be met with an impossible boss or end up waiting to long and have the boss be a pushover with the reward meaningless or outdated. Very poor design.

I was dying to the mobs before it. I got most of the treasure I could and killed until my mana was gone. I thought that was good enough, I returned with a ton of cash and upgrades for the regular dungeon. The regular dungeon is easier, but no slouch on your mana too.

Farsala said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I have a complaint. I tried to go off that beaten path to do a dungeon after upping my wisdom enough to do so and the boss at the end of that dungeon was a complete brick wall. There was no indication that this would be a waste of my time, only a waste of a day on the calander and the enemies in the dungeon prior to the boss were not indicative at all of the bosses strength as they were very weak comparatively and now there is no indication of when I should return, to level meter. I could easily waste a day on the calander again only to be met with an impossible boss or end up waiting to long and have the boss be a pushover with the reward meaningless or outdated. Very poor design.

I was dying to the mobs before it. I got most of the treasure I could and killed until my mana was gone. I thought that was good enough, I returned with a ton of cash and upgrades for the regular dungeon. The regular dungeon is easier, but no slouch on your mana too.

You must be playing on hard. I gave up on the idea cause I had to do the prologue through a third time for trophies and much more enjoyed Normal, game flows better and you can kill the dragon in the first dungeon for a epic sword that becomes amazing when blessed. I was running outta mana in one floor of the first "Palace" dungeon and I wasn't even going off the beaten path, feels way better when you can explore and clear everything but I assume the time limit will mean less for me, a trade of I'm willing to make for a more fun experience and have the game flow so much smoother and addicting. 

BTW people. Watch the intro/menu cutscene again on booting up the game. Some cool new stuff added that wasn't there in the demo.
I'm starting to get quite addicted. There's definitely a hook there, shame the hadn't extended the demo to maybe three days short of the calamity deadline and get that hook into people, I nearly passed on this but real glad I didn't.

Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Oh right, I was told to check a information merchant about the dungeon, maybe that's where you learn if there is a weakness or not. And yep, save scumming for sure if this is the way of it. 

Press turn system. Like SMT it rewards/punishes for attacking weakness or not. TBH the best battle system Atlus made is in Tokyo Mirage Sessions. It uses a similar idea but adds the encore system. If you attack the weakness everyone in and out of your party will attack. Enemies can do the same however you can sub in other members of the party during battle (which SMT also does)

I don't really understand. You mean like the enemies in the first Palace dungeon that can only be killed with cyclone and everyone else has to stand back or get thorns damage from being repeled? So I just take up what the info merchant said and rework my party to all have wind, damn, ya I can see how that's good it'll make you have to invest in archetypes for party members and level them up too, I can see the depth indeed. 

Around the Network

I already played more than 20 hours and the game exceeded my expectations and I have certain that the game is a goty contender. I'll write here more about my experience with the game in the future.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Shikamo said:

I already played more than 20 hours and the game exceeded my expectations and I have certain that the game is a goty contender. I'll write here more about my experience with the game in the future.

Did the demo achiements pop for you when loaded the full game?

Thing I love most about this game is it condesnes the Persona addiction nature down in to a game that moves much faster. The speed at which the game flows is so much better than in previous titles and I'm not sure I'll ever go back to my goal of actually finishing a Persona game. Anyone know if there is a dungeon later on that maybe you can use to level up archetypes without loosing calander days or is finding a room andnjust waiting for resawns the best bet? I wanna grind my team to all have the protagonists base archetype all leveled up for a certain dungeon plus there is a quest to level healer to 10. Anything like that endless dungeon in Persona 5 down the line?

LegitHyperbole said:
Farsala said:

You must be playing on hard. I gave up on the idea cause I had to do the prologue through a third time for trophies and much more enjoyed Normal, game flows better and you can kill the dragon in the first dungeon for a epic sword that becomes amazing when blessed. I was running outta mana in one floor of the first "Palace" dungeon and I wasn't even going off the beaten path, feels way better when you can explore and clear everything but I assume the time limit will mean less for me, a trade of I'm willing to make for a more fun experience and have the game flow so much smoother and addicting. 

Yeah I am playing on hard, I decided to do hard after all, because I want to savor this game. Taking a few extra tries on bosses or dungeons, slightly extends the playtime. If I actually listen to the informants, generally I can clear the dungeons anyway.

Currently leveling up my 2nd group of archetypes for 2 characters due to getting very nice gear for my new tank.

Farsala said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Yeah I am playing on hard, I decided to do hard after all, because I want to savor this game. Taking a few extra tries on bosses or dungeons, slightly extends the playtime. If I actually listen to the informants, generally I can clear the dungeons anyway.

Currently leveling up my 2nd group of archetypes for 2 characters due to getting very nice gear for my new tank.

How are you tackling leveling? Just find a room in a Palace and wait for respawns? I need a way to get my team of all seeker archetypes up to level 15 for the cyclone ability to take on that horned beast in the side dungeon.