By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you or would you buy a console for one exclusive? (poll)

I bought/would buy a system for one exclusive...

Yes. 25 55.56%

No. 20 44.44%

Total:45

I’ve never bought a system for just one game, but I do believe some games, with the benefit of hindsight, are worthy of such a purchase. I’d pay $360 to play just Breath or the Wild or $350 to play just Halo: Combat Evolved. They’re that good.

Around the Network

Not that I know of?.

I've always bought a console months later down the line with multiple games in mind for whenever I did buy those systems.

Actually scratch that, I believe I bought my N3DS based on the performance enhancements and features alone, but that is the only time I bought a handheld system for that specific reason.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I brought a 360 for Halo 3

There is pretty much always one game I will buy a system for. Of course I buy more games for it once I have the system and will probably spend more time with other games than the one I bought the system for. But even combined those games was not enough for me to spend money on the system.

The exception being PS5, I bought it mostly to have a 4K Blu-ray player and to play last generation games since I skipped out on a PS4 or XBOX one. But I did not have any particular game in mind.

Used too, but I refuse today. If a third party wants my money they can release it on Steam or not get my money. I haven't bought alan wake 2 and won't until it hits Steam. If it doesn't hit Steam,  I guess I'm never playing it.

I'm over having 3 and 4 pieces of hardware.  I'm good with PC + Nintendo.  There are plenty of great games, I can go with missing a few here and there.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

No.
When the PS1 came out originally, I went with it because of all the cool stuff like FF7 and Resident Evil and whatnot. Since then, Sony has offered me a constant stream of exclusives that for me have been must haves. Once in a blue moon there might be one thing on the Xbox side that I would be interested in, but I'm not buying multiple gaming machines just out of principle.
That said, this gen has been very lackluster on the exclusives front. Sony has been too busy shitting the bed with their MMO blunders. And we haven't seen the end of it yet.

Dante9 said:

No.
When the PS1 came out originally, I went with it because of all the cool stuff like FF7 and Resident Evil and whatnot. Since then, Sony has offered me a constant stream of exclusives that for me have been must haves. Once in a blue moon there might be one thing on the Xbox side that I would be interested in, but I'm not buying multiple gaming machines just out of principle.
That said, this gen has been very lackluster on the exclusives front. Sony has been too busy shitting the bed with their MMO blunders. And we haven't seen the end of it yet.

You're a stronger man than most.

Chrkeller said:

Used too, but I refuse today. If a third party wants my money they can release it on Steam or not get my money. I haven't bought alan wake 2 and won't until it hits Steam. If it doesn't hit Steam,  I guess I'm never playing it.

I'm over having 3 and 4 pieces of hardware.  I'm good with PC + Nintendo.  There are plenty of great games, I can go with missing a few here and there.  

You're gonna miss out on GTA6 for while. What did you upgrade your PC for to be so powerful so, just future proofing?

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

You're gonna miss out on GTA6 for while. What did you upgrade your PC for to be so powerful so, just future proofing?

Missing out, to me, isn't a big deal.  There are plenty of games to play while I wait.

Honestly, my bonus earlier this year was bigger than expected so it was more of a "why not" for the PC build.  It was built with a 4070 and I upgraded.  It is nice.  Run most everything at 4k quality DLSS + ultra + 120 fps.  RT is hit or miss.  Some games work well, others RT just isn't worth the fps hit.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Missing out, to me, isn't a big deal.  There are plenty of games to play while I wait.

Honestly, my bonus earlier this year was bigger than expected so it was more of a "why not" for the PC build.  It was built with a 4070 and I upgraded.  It is nice.  Run most everything at 4k quality DLSS + ultra + 120 fps.  RT is hit or miss.  Some games work well, others RT just isn't worth the fps hit.

Waiting is better in the industry indeed but I'd rather wait on console to buy "new" games at a discount. I haven't paid full price for a game since Ragnorok which disappointed me so much I gave up.