By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

I mean there are always people who are gonna buy this stuff no matter what they charge, but it seems kinda dumb to try and ripoff the enthusiasts because they are the ones actually paying attention (and the ones that often want physical games so great call Sony).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
Kneetos said:

I can see a 3ds situation happening here with Sony potentially slashing the price and releasing some heavy hitting software to get people's attention

Also Sony might lower the price when the switch 2 is announced/released to make it look more appealing

I think Sony know that the vast majority won't consider it at that price. But I don't think they'll slash the price. It's a product that will sell to maybe 5%-10% of their audience but be profitable for them, and for the rest... well they can just use PS5 Slim.

G2ThaUNiT said:

It does support the disc drive, but purchased separately.

September 26th? Same day as the Zelda Switch Lite!

Let the sales comparisons begin!

The PS5 Pro costs the double the PS5 released for in Japan, damn!

$700 with no disc drive or stand included. We're in early PS3 territory now if we weren't before. Sony's arrogance could bite them, especially in the likely event PS6 launches for $700 as well.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Why on earth is it a 2TB SSD??? Sell it with a 1TB SSD at $599 would have been a WAY more acceptable product lol.

Having the option would be better, yes.

Still, 2TB would save a lot of people from needing another SSD, like I'm needing badly right now, lol.

Get ready for $700 PS6 as the standard price too + $100 standard for an extra controller, lol. They have no incentive to price cheaply with XBox fizzling out.

800 EURO ... ahahahahaha.

Shaunodon said:
Tober said:

EUR 800
excludes the stand and the disc drive...

EUR 120 for Discdrive
EUR 30 for stand

Thats EUR 950 for the complete package.
(ok it includes tax, but still)

I think I'm gonna skip this one

Disgusting. They are telling people you are a second class citizen if you want to physically owns games.

Remind me who these people were--

Market leaders.. in hypocrisy.

Okay now that's some BS. Sony never prioritized the digital edition of PS5-Beginner even after increasing its price by $50. On the contrary, they made digital PS5 upgradable midgen.

PS5 Pro has an atrocious pricetag and won't sell enough units to affect digital distribution. They probably just thought including a disk drive in a default SKU will start a "$799!" meme.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Tbf, given the asking price already, I don't think Sony could afford to have increase CPU speeds without increasing the asking price further another $50-$100.

Going from Zen 2 to Zen 4 would have added just 12 mm² to their die size if this is being done in N6, a 2-3% difference depending on how big the GPU is.

That would have meant almost or even the same yield from a 300mm wafer, so there would be literally zero cost in the best scenario except for licensing the hardware from AMD and ensuring compatibility with the PS5's original CPU's timings.

If a better CPU was needed and Sony skipped on it that would have meant they are one of the cheapest manufacturers ever or AMD was price-gouging them for no reason, or some combination of the two.

Soundwave said:

Get ready for $700 PS6 as the standard price too + $100 standard for an extra controller, lol. They have no incentive to price cheaply with XBox fizzling out.

800 EURO ... ahahahahaha.

Who cares about Xbox though? PC/Steam will be fucking them up. This is the first time I'm skipping a Playstation console in favor of PC, and there are millions like me.