By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think the future of global society looks like?

shavenferret said:
Soundwave said:

So dehumanizing millions of human beings due to ethnicity ... hey that's just a political view, but small dick jokes bothers you that much huh, lol. 

Take it easy. I'll call Nazis whatever the fuck I want straight to their little dick faces even because by and large most of them are wusses who won't engage face to face.

lmao, I think that you and the nazi should settle it in a boxing ring.  

I'm all for that, who do you VGC members think would most likely win?

Last edited by BFR - on 11 September 2024

Around the Network
BFR said:
Soundwave said:

Stop being a Nazi apologist, it's a dip-shit look. 

You really don't know anything about me...If you did, you would know that I hate the Nazis as much as I hate Putin's Russia.

Look at my prior posts, they are all Pro-Ukraine, or are you too busy to look that stuff up?

He's probably some Jew that is getting mad over the antisemitic comments. Id wanna fight somebody if i was a jew and had family killed by hitler. Think about that. Once you get that you may have second thoughts.

Also, what's the greater evil here? Small d!ck comments or the prejudice fueled by paranoia? What was said here that should be criticized? 

shavenferret said:
Soundwave said:

So dehumanizing millions of human beings due to ethnicity ... hey that's just a political view, but small dick jokes bothers you that much huh, lol. 

Take it easy. I'll call Nazis whatever the fuck I want straight to their little dick faces even because by and large most of them are wusses who won't engage face to face.

lmao, I think that you and the nazi should settle it in a boxing ring.  

Doubt that would go all that well for that dude, two years kickboxing as a hobby, seven years playing ice hockey which is an couple of fights every season (and that shit hurts because sometimes you're punching bare knuckle into the other guys visor or helmet), but if someone wants to test that I'm certainly not a pacifist (don't look for trouble but if someone wants to start some shit, I'm happy to end it). 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 11 September 2024

Good lord. Mods you have my vote to lock this thread if you want, I'd like to see it continue but I don't wanna see people getting banned because they can't stay civil over a very simple question. It's disappointing.

Soundwave said:
SvennoJ said:

There's the perfectly viable Hydrogen Fuel Cell Economy waiting for cheap Fusion Power. Gasoline/Diesel is still too cheap with too much money power behind it. Sadly it doesn't seem we're going to 'fix' climate change until oil actually becomes more expensive than cleaner alternatives.

We could have had Fusion Power by now, yet with only a few projects going around the world, funding that's peanuts compared to military spending, and lobby from the oil industry slowing everything down, it will still be decades.

Meanwhile politics is already behind again with switching to EV. How much waste are those batteries going to produce.
the European Union adopted a law to make all new cars and vans sold in Europe zero-emission from 2035
Actually it doesn't state it has to be EV, hydrogen fuel cells only produce water vapor. Not zero-emission technically.

But it requires a lot of work. Iceland is leading the way
https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Fuel-Cells/Can-Iceland-Become-The-Worlds-First-Green-Hydrogen-Economy.html

Actually China is producing/using more Hydrogen, but not using green energy yet to produce Hydrogen.

China is leading in a lot of ways, the future is in the East.

The future is everywhere, China isn't banked as being the next global leader, Japan was more advanced than the USA in the late 70s and especially 80s and early 90s, that didn't hold indefinitely. 

The future likely belongs to no singular nation state, the idea of that in itself is likely becoming outdated, a product of a time in the past where one nation having a huge advantage in an area like guns or ships could allow them to dominate other countries ... the future is likely going to be vastly different from that. 

Information can't be kept secret or proprietary to any one society any longer, that alone is a massive game changer. If one superpower can do something very well these days, it's not long before someone else copies it and does the same thing. 

If that was the way world was in the days of the beginnings of the British Empire or Roman Empire or Mongol Empire, likely none of those empires would have had the competitive advantage they did. 

I mean currently China has the willingness to advance. They're building high speed rail, mega dams, UHV lines all over the place and is now leading in Nuclear Fusion research and plans for the future.

It's not that one country has a huge advantage of having new technology, it's one country that has the most will power and means to realize the future. The Americas are falling behind in tech advancement realization. Still too entrenched in the fossil fuel economy.

The future can be everywhere, yet the USA is rather clinging on to the past.

Around the Network

Grim.
Humans disagree and are often divided on race, religion, sexuality, economics, environmentalism, war, etc.
Nuclear war has been the closest in the past few years since the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Climate change or nuclear war seem to be the most likely ways humanity is largely wiped out. I've still got about 47-55 years left of my life, so unless it's a global nuclear war, I don't think anything else will happen worldwide to kill me by then.
But 100 years from now will likely be far grimmer.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I'm pretty sure the movie Ready Player One was a documentary created by a time traveler to show us what the future looks like.

Oh God, why did this thread have to be dug up. Nothing good will come of this. Everyone is so pessimistic. I agree we are in bad times but bad times don't last. There'll be good times again people. With every winter there is a spring.

rapsuperstar31 said:

I'm pretty sure the movie Ready Player One was a documentary created by a time traveler to show us what the future looks like.

Society would collapse before it got that bad. Ever watch a film called Soelent green, never gonna happen. Population collapse is far more likely and by far I mean almost a certainty over that scenario. 

Wman1996 said:

Grim.
Humans disagree and are often divided on race, religion, sexuality, economics, environmentalism, war, etc.
Nuclear war has been the closest in the past few years since the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Climate change or nuclear war seem to be the most likely ways humanity is largely wiped out. I've still got about 47-55 years left of my life, so unless it's a global nuclear war, I don't think anything else will happen worldwide to kill me by then.
But 100 years from now will likely be far grimmer.

Well, at least it'll be interesting.