By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astrobot receives "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, 94

Tagged games:

Shame that the meta score fell from 95 to 94; I was hoping it would finish higher than GoW '18. :/

Around the Network
archbrix said:

Shame that the meta score fell from 95 to 94; I was hoping it would finish higher than GoW '18. :/

I don't think the meta score was ever at 95. It started at 93 and went up to 94.

The open critic score is still sitting at 95. 

I might be wrong.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 06 September 2024

LivncA_Dis3 said:

Game of the year 2024 I would like to pick it up coz i thoroughly enjoyed the ps5 tech demo and even platinumed it!

I platinumed Playroom as well and got all the DLC trophies too. I have a feeling Astro Bot will be fire and if we're excluding remakes (Persona 3 Reload, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door) it will almost surely be my GOTY. FFVII Rebirth is a reimagining remake because it's so different from FFVII, and even then I think I'll probably like it Astro Bot better. 

KLAMarine said:

Astro Bot at 94? PlayStation launched in 1994?

Coincidence? I think not!

Lol.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Ah, yeah my mistake.  It was Open Critic that I had seen at 95. 

Still, I wish that it had scored higher than GoW instead of matching it on MC.

Around the Network

113 reviews so far, doubt it get much more than 130, so it's either 94 or 93 on metacritic.
It's getting close to 93, so it might be the final score.

the-pi-guy said:
Vodacixi said:

Btw, I've been reading some reviews in order to see how is the soundtrack... And to my surprise, almost none of them even mentions that aspect of the game. And if they do, it's to point out that there are classic PS characters remixed tunes. But nothing on the actual Astrobot soundtrack.

Could some of you picking the game give some thoughts on it when you play it? I'm a sucker for music in videogames, it's one of my most important aspects...

Thanks! Looks like we got a banger soundtrack ^^

What is this game? Is it a creator game like Little Big Planet or is it its own game with a story?

Mystro-Sama said:

What is this game? Is it a creator game like Little Big Planet or is it its own game with a story?

It's a singleplayer 3d platformer, I don't think it has any user created content.

I know this is reeeaaally unlikely, but ....

If they ever are in the idea of ... Making a port for the Switch 2 in the future, even though this is clearly a title screaming PS5 in everyone's faces. I sure would give it a good wack 👌

This game to me mirrors a lot of the Kirby charm in some aspects !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909