By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year 2024 - The possible titles

I didn't think Astro would even be nominated, but now it just can't not be there.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth should still comfortably take the win, though.

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Usually to win the TGA, you need two things:
1. High critic scores
2. Be popular

So far Black Myth Wukong and Zelda are the most likely winners.

Black Myth Wokung doesn't have high critic scores.

Zelda also doesn't have that high of a score the winners usually do, it is high, tho.

KLXVER said:

Balatro

It has taken over my life

I've played the demo a few times back then and it was really fun.

IcaroRibeiro said:

- Tekken 2. I know fighting games never get nominated, but this year being really weak can give this a chance. Not feeling it though 

I mean I know The Game Awards have screwed up their years before, but at least give them some credit.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

- Tekken 2. I know fighting games never get nominated, but this year being really weak can give this a chance. Not feeling it though 

I mean I know The Game Awards have screwed up their years before, but at least give them some credit.

lmao. Fixed. Thanks 

Around the Network

Usually there’s at least 1 October release that ends up on the list. I could see Silent Hill 2, Dragon Age, or Metaphor taking a spot in the list depending on the releases. I’d say Neva but it would have to compete with Balatro and Animal Well for the indie nominee.

Last edited by axumblade - on 29 September 2024

Astro Bot I feel is going to win, but I feel like my GOTY is still going to be Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess by Capcom. But I know it didn’t get the critical reception required to actually get serious consideration.

I think it's really going to come down between Astrobot and Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth.

They are both the highest rated games of the year so far and I can't see any upcoming releases seriously challenging them.

Last edited by Eric2048 - 3 days ago

Astro Bot
FF7 Rebirth
Tekken 8 (SF6 was nominated last year so I don't see why Tekken 8 can't be)
Metaphor ReFantazio

Hard to say what the last two will be (I think it's usually 6 games nominated for GOTY, right?). I wanted to put Like A Dragon up there but idk if they'll nominate so many JRPGs.

NobleTeam360 said:

Astro Bot
FF7 Rebirth
Tekken 8 (SF6 was nominated last year so I don't see why Tekken 8 can't be)
Metaphor ReFantazio

Hard to say what the last two will be (I think it's usually 6 games nominated for GOTY, right?). I wanted to put Like A Dragon up there but idk if they'll nominate so many JRPGs.

And Tekken 8 looks a lot better than Street Fighter 6.