By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best mini game inside a game.

Best Mini game...

Gwent. 2 10.53%

Something that isn't Gwent. 15 78.95%

Mini games are ass 2 10.53%

Total:19

Gwent, ya'll. Never has there been a more entertaining mini game. It doesn't work as a standalone, they tried but in the game it's genius. A little pokemon card collecting battle game interwoven into the real game, playing Gwent as you progress the story and gaining new cards over the long haul makes the experience so special. I think about Gwent quite often and would very nearly start a run through the game for Gwent alone. It's that special.

Around the Network

There should be a third option for "all mini games suck." I have never played a mini game that wasn't silly and just irrelevant. I hate all the card games Square makes players deal with via requirement to progress. Blitzball was really stupid. Perhaps I am old school, but I loathe all the filler crap. Streamlined focused games are superior.

I just beat FF7 Remake and I do like it.  But it is a 30-hour game that is really is only 15 hours.  Half the content could be cut.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Ah, yes, Gwent - Pazaak of modern times (for those who haven't played SW:KOTOR, Pazaak is card game from it) - and just like Gwent, it had a standalone version for all that got hooked on it.

Catherine: Rapunzel

I spend as much time on the arcade machine in the bar as on the main part of the game.

Chrkeller said:

There should be a third option for "all mini games suck." I have never played a mini game that wasn't silly and just irrelevant. I hate all the card games Square makes players deal with via requirement to progress. Blitzball was really stupid. Perhaps I am old school, but I loathe all the filler crap. Streamlined focused games are superior.

I just beat FF7 Remake and I do like it.  But it is a 30-hour game that is really is only 15 hours.  Half the content could be cut.  

Done lol. And for sure, FF7 rebirth looks like a mini game simulator at a glance, when it came out I seen people playing mini games more than anything that looked like final fantasy gameplay. 

Around the Network
HoloDust said:

Ah, yes, Gwent - Pazaak of modern times (for those who haven't played SW:KOTOR, Pazaak is card game from it) - and just like Gwent, it had a standalone version for all that got hooked on it.

Oh I never knew, more reasons to be excited for a remake. 

SvennoJ said:

Catherine: Rapunzel

I spend as much time on the arcade machine in the bar as on the main part of the game.

Looks unique. I've no idea what is going on there though. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

Done lol. And for sure, FF7 rebirth looks like a mini game simulator at a glance, when it came out I seen people playing mini games more than anything that looked like final fantasy gameplay. 

Much appreciated sir!  My daughter gave up on Rebirth because she got so tired of forced mini games, especially the card game thing.  

The only side quests I really liked was FF12, the monster hunts.  Monster hunts are always good.  

Too many side quests make no sense.  Like in Remake there is a massive urgency to safe a character, but yet no.  Let's pause and go find music CDs for a young girl in Wall Market. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Much appreciated sir!  My daughter gave up on Rebirth because she got so tired of forced mini games, especially the card game thing.  

The only side quests I really liked was FF12, the monster hunts.  Monster hunts are always good.  

Too many side quests make no sense.  Like in Remake there is a massive urgency to safe a character, but yet no.  Let's pause and go find music CDs for a young girl in Wall Market. 

Idk what they were thinking forcing them, just nonsense to extend the game. The remake could have been two games but they have to go and artificially stretch it out this. 

Demon Tower inside Night In The Woods. You start with x amount of lives and a single dash, as you go through the levels you get one less heart but one more dash and everything one-shots you.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition