By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Outlaws 76 opencritic/77 Metacritc.

At 76%, I'm....

Gonna play 4 17.39%

Gonna avoid 16 69.57%

Undecided 3 13.04%

Total:23

With 74% recommended. 

https://opencritic.com/game/16790/star-wars-outlaws

Are you gonna play with these numbers?

Personally I think the number is higher than the written reviews reflect, from what I've read and from what I've read this seems to be real stinker. 

Around the Network

I'll probably give it a go eventually as I usually like Ubisofts, by the numbers, openworld games.

IGN: Game is trash, even slightly broken. 7/10. Good game. 

In this case I will wait for a few patches and a price cut, probably.

Way higher than I expected...

Around the Network
Machina said:

Way higher than I expected...

It's getting a AAA bump. Written reviews are shitting on it but the scores just don't match. 

I was planning on getting it eventually regardless even if the averages were in the 60s or even 50s.
But $70 or even more for the different tiers of the game? No thanks. It's going to go on a deep discount at least by next year. I don't need to play it badly yet.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Star Wars. Strike 1.

Ubisoft. Strike 2.

ONline required to install a SP game. Strikes 3.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

'This is not the game you're looking for'

After reading the Eurogamer review, hard pass. They rated it 2/5 btw, score reflected the text.

idk this thread reads a little bit like “Wait, a game I thought was gonna come out terribly actually got lukewarm critical reception? Nah don’t believe it. The game HAS to be bad”, though maybe I’m misjudging. If reviewers are giving these scores, they must have a reason. Scathing remarks complemented with a 7/10 isn’t actually too uncommon (so you can put your tinfoil hats down lol).

Granted, I’m not greatly inform on the anti-consumer practices Ubisoft has chosen to shove in the game…I think we should at least give it a chance.

Last edited by firebush03 - on 26 August 2024