By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The meltdown of Wii haters continues

superchunk said:
This guy needs to read the malstrom blog.

Why? Is one blog better than others because it writtes for those with a different opinion?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
To consider GTA 4 the biggest hardcore game show how retarded he is. It really doesn`t matter in the end, clueless people never get it.

(...) and in my opinion GTA 4 is the biggest "hardcore" game, if we go by the currently popular definition of a "hardcore" game.

GTA 4 is violent, it's mature (well, M-rated), its looks are realistic, it's a game from a western developer, you can put a lot of time into it and it causes controversy in the mainstream media (thanks Malstrom). GTA 4 is practically everything "hardcore" gaming stands for.

(...)

GTA IV is hardcore if your a fratboy. Fire Emblem and Baroque are hardcore if your an actual gamer.

Meh, Fire Emblem has bad graphics and is on a Nintendo system.

I give up. The original meaning of the word hardcore is lost forever. From now on everytime I see the term "hardcore gamer" I will subconsciously read "retarded man-children who likes only sports and shooters".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

umm so very pretty graphic = hard core gamers ??

well thats the impression I've gotten after reading all these Wii bashing articles.

talk about simple minded gamers and I'm glad I'm not one of those

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
superchunk said:
This guy needs to read the malstrom blog.

Why? Is one blog better than others because it writtes for those with a different opinion?

The Sean Malstrom blog is awesome. The guy has got a lot of insight in this industry and was one of the few who could accurately predict the Wii explosion before the system launched. He writes very well and can support his predictions with logic and reasoning. He also explains why so many people still don't understand the Wii.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/

I go out on a limb and say that it is by far the best videogame related blog available on the web.

I know, I like the blog myself, just wanted to see if someone actually had an opinion on why it was good besides the blogger being a Wii fan!

RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
To consider GTA 4 the biggest hardcore game show how retarded he is. It really doesn`t matter in the end, clueless people never get it.

(...) and in my opinion GTA 4 is the biggest "hardcore" game, if we go by the currently popular definition of a "hardcore" game.

GTA 4 is violent, it's mature (well, M-rated), its looks are realistic, it's a game from a western developer, you can put a lot of time into it and it causes controversy in the mainstream media (thanks Malstrom). GTA 4 is practically everything "hardcore" gaming stands for.

(...)

GTA IV is hardcore if your a fratboy. Fire Emblem and Baroque are hardcore if your an actual gamer.

Meh, Fire Emblem has bad graphics and is on a Nintendo system.

Finally someones sees the right picture here. Imagine FE with HD 1080p graphics using the power of the Cell. The kiddie Wii so cannot handle these kind of gamezez.

Around the Network

And you sir hit it right on the head, people touting GTA, MADDEN, GT, etc. as the most hardcore games because of sales or what have you, miss out on the fact that those games are a clear indictment on the whole "casual" arguement, largely because there are <b>hordes</b> of gamers who just play <b>THOSE</b> games or those series.

I mean the more I read this arguements, rants, gripes or whatever the more it seems that the authors are missing the point.  If anything a so-called "hardcore" gamer owns all 3 systems and has a pre-order in for WiiFit right next to their pre-order for GTA IV.  Why? Because it's a high profile GAME.  Sure you may prefer different styles of games, but just because you'd rather blow a bunch of shit up for hours, vs. hit the slopes, punt soccer balls with your head due to a balance board doesn't mean your more hardcore than someone who doesn't.

I mean if I like to pump hours into games like Lumines or Tetris does that mean I'm not as hardcore as someone that pumps hours into Street Fighter or something?

This arguement is tired, ridiculous, and way beyond immature.  Gamers game, period.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

Rhonin the wizard said:
bigjon said:
Was your sig from the 1st week of January?
The memories...
Can't recall, it was the last time ioi updated the banners, I just haven't been motivated to change my sig.
yes it is from the 1st week of Jan

ive really had enough with all this. everyone knows the wii is winning and haters just gota bring it down so they could feel good about themselves

ClaudeLv250 said:
disolitude said:
I don't know about this one...I don't see it as wii hate but as close to facts as you can get. Other than the "3rd parties don't sell" comment.

I 100% agree with this paragraph...

"Movement based controls are fun, but we’ve yet to see them used in a truly innovative way. But then, why should developers bother to work on such complexities when the average Wii user just wants to wave their arms about for twenty minutes? Anyone who still believes these magical games for gamers are going to materialize need to take the rose tinted glasses off and face up to the facts - Nintendo have been sailing their ship in a different direction for some time, and they’re showing no intention of turning it around any time in the near future…"

I find it a bit strange that you talk about facts and then quote one of the paragraphs filled with the most BS. Waving arms around for twenty minutes? Can someone cite a single game that fits this? As much as Chicken Shoot and Ninjabread Man get bashed, even these games don't fit this description.

This isn't even mentioning the fact that half of the 'article' is just the writer giving GTA4 oral sex.

Ageed. I'm sick of all these haters and graphic whores thinking that the 360 is sooooo superior. I can't wait for Wii to outsell 360 in America, and I can't wait for CONDUIT to come out so all the graphic whores will STFU about the Wii.

DAMN! Why Does it seem that everythime That I reply in a thread, it DIES???