By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The meltdown of Wii haters continues

GTA4 will be the most casual game of all time, just barely surpassing Halo 3 and Madden for the throne.

If GTA4 somehow outsells Wii Fit, it won't be because it's more hardcore, it will be because it's more casual.

Around the Network

That blog was gold, the best part were all the quotes from people back in 05' saying the Wii would flop and the April fools joke by Gamespot happened to be right on the money!

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
To consider GTA 4 the biggest hardcore game show how retarded he is. It really doesn`t matter in the end, clueless people never get it.

This really depends on what you define as "hardcore". We've discussed this before (you know I wouldn't call myself a "hardcore" gamer) and in my opinion GTA 4 is the biggest "hardcore" game, if we go by the currently popular definition of a "hardcore" game.

GTA 4 is violent, it's mature (well, M-rated), its looks are realistic, it's a game from a western developer, you can put a lot of time into it and it causes controversy in the mainstream media (thanks Malstrom). GTA 4 is practically everything "hardcore" gaming stands for.

And now it's going up against the complete opposite, Wii Fit. It seems like some "hardcore" gamers see late April/early May as the defining point in this generation. The final chance for a turnaround in this generation. Will "hardcore" gaming succeed or will the Wii continue to dominate the market and never look back?

Imagine a scenario where the Wii outsells the 360 and PS3 combined (or at least beats each one individually by a significant margin) in April NPD as well as in May NPD even though both HD consoles should see boosts in hardware sales due to "hardcore" gamings flagship title. That would cause some serious meltdowns among "hardcore" gamers.

GTA is a bridged game, like Super Mario games, only a more casual one. Both series you have games that are easy to pick up and play, but in order to advance or master the game you need to know/learn how to play. What i find funny, is that it's interesting to see which one out of GTA4 and Wii Fit is going to have bigger sales at launch. You need to remember that a lot of the GTA audience owns a Wii.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

ItsaMii said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
To consider GTA 4 the biggest hardcore game show how retarded he is. It really doesn`t matter in the end, clueless people never get it.

(...) and in my opinion GTA 4 is the biggest "hardcore" game, if we go by the currently popular definition of a "hardcore" game.

GTA 4 is violent, it's mature (well, M-rated), its looks are realistic, it's a game from a western developer, you can put a lot of time into it and it causes controversy in the mainstream media (thanks Malstrom). GTA 4 is practically everything "hardcore" gaming stands for.

(...)

GTA IV is hardcore if your a fratboy. Fire Emblem and Baroque are hardcore if your an actual gamer.

Meh, Fire Emblem has bad graphics and is on a Nintendo system.

I give up. The original meaning of the word hardcore is lost forever. From now on everytime I see the term "hardcore gamer" I will subconsciously read "retarded man-children who likes only sports and shooters".

Looks like somebody got RolRolled!

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
superchunk said:
This guy needs to read the malstrom blog.

Why? Is one blog better than others because it writtes for those with a different opinion?

The Sean Malstrom blog is awesome. The guy has got a lot of insight in this industry and was one of the few who could accurately predict the Wii explosion before the system launched. He writes very well and can support his predictions with logic and reasoning. He also explains why so many people still don't understand the Wii.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/

I go out on a limb and say that it is by far the best videogame related blog available on the web.

I predicted that the Wii would be huge on my myspace blog... do I get any credit?

Around the Network

Yet another no-name blogger somehow getting press by trashing the Wii. I hate to make a statement like this based on pure speculation, but this whole week is really textbook Microsoft FUD.

Cant help but agree with the blogger about the Wii. Wow it has sold, but where are the great games produced for the Wii that really use the WiiMote. I mentioned this in a thread I created.

The last really good Wii game that was made to use the WiiMote was MP3. SMG motion controls were tacked on, SSBB better with standard controls (Dont even think that it use motion controls), MarioKart WII better with standard controls (According to the reviewers), WiiFit adds a new peripheral.

So still the poster child game for the WiiMote is WiiSports. Some of you will throw in RE4:Wii, but I believe RE4:Wii is the problem not the solution. Publishers saw how well a last gen port with new controls will do on the Wii so they are minimizing investments.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

RolStoppable said:

The Sean Malstrom blog is awesome. The guy has got a lot of insight in this industry and was one of the few who could accurately predict the Wii explosion before the system launched. He writes very well and can support his predictions with logic and reasoning. He also explains why so many people still don't understand the Wii.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/

I go out on a limb and say that it is by far the best videogame related blog available on the web.

I agree

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

You guys can talk about the Wii hate while I wonder if Haze is a AAA title. That's what he said. Right? LMAO.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

thx1139 said:
Cant help but agree with the blogger about the Wii. Wow it has sold, but where are the great games produced for the Wii that really use the WiiMote. I mentioned this in a thread I created.

The last really good Wii game that was made to use the WiiMote was MP3. SMG motion controls were tacked on, SSBB better with standard controls (Dont even think that it use motion controls), MarioKart WII better with standard controls (According to the reviewers), WiiFit adds a new peripheral.

So still the poster child game for the WiiMote is WiiSports. Some of you will throw in RE4:Wii, but I believe RE4:Wii is the problem not the solution. Publishers saw how well a last gen port with new controls will do on the Wii so they are minimizing investments.

Still trolling? even after people answered your questions in the other thread?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.