By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The meltdown of Wii haters continues

vaio said:
thx1139 said:
Cant help but agree with the blogger about the Wii. Wow it has sold, but where are the great games produced for the Wii that really use the WiiMote. I mentioned this in a thread I created.

The last really good Wii game that was made to use the WiiMote was MP3. SMG motion controls were tacked on, SSBB better with standard controls (Dont even think that it use motion controls), MarioKart WII better with standard controls (According to the reviewers), WiiFit adds a new peripheral.

So still the poster child game for the WiiMote is WiiSports. Some of you will throw in RE4:Wii, but I believe RE4:Wii is the problem not the solution. Publishers saw how well a last gen port with new controls will do on the Wii so they are minimizing investments.

Still trolling? even after people answered your questions in the other thread?

Not trolling this is a legitimate discussion. The other thread was closed with no reason.  So answer the question since MP3 what very good game (Not something that just sold well) really made use of the WiiMote (AKA better game with motion controls than standard controls). 

Guitar Hero 3 - Nope
SMG - Nope
SSBB - Nope
Mario Kart - Nope
WiiFit - Nope. Its main claim to fame is board and selling on novelty of improving fitness.

Where is the next big WiiMote game? Something that really says this is why the WiiMote is special.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
vaio said:
thx1139 said:
Cant help but agree with the blogger about the Wii. Wow it has sold, but where are the great games produced for the Wii that really use the WiiMote. I mentioned this in a thread I created.

The last really good Wii game that was made to use the WiiMote was MP3. SMG motion controls were tacked on, SSBB better with standard controls (Dont even think that it use motion controls), MarioKart WII better with standard controls (According to the reviewers), WiiFit adds a new peripheral.

So still the poster child game for the WiiMote is WiiSports. Some of you will throw in RE4:Wii, but I believe RE4:Wii is the problem not the solution. Publishers saw how well a last gen port with new controls will do on the Wii so they are minimizing investments.

Still trolling? even after people answered your questions in the other thread?

Not trolling this is a legitimate discussion. The other thread was closed with no reason.  So answer the question since MP3 what very good game (Not something that just sold well) really made use of the WiiMote (AKA better game with motion controls than standard controls). 

Guitar Hero 3 - Nope
SMG - Nope
SSBB - Nope
Mario Kart - Nope
WiiFit - Nope. Its main claim to fame is board and selling on novelty of improving fitness.

Where is the next big WiiMote game? Something that really says this is why the WiiMote is special.

Allready aswered before but here we go again.

No one said that every game would be wiimote special just that they add motion controlls which can expand the game if done properly in the right game like sports games, FPS puzlle games etc.

Guitar hero - haven´t played it so I let this for someoe else to answer
SMG - was a better game with the wiimote and that is specially visible whe you are two players at the same time but also when you are alone, you ae ot forced to use it but you can and it improves the game.
SSBB- sitll haven´t got the game i Europe
MarioKart is way much better with the Wii mote or Wii wheel, I thought it would suck but it´s so much better and more fun
Wiifit will use both the wiimote and the peripheral you buy and it´s way to soon to talk about what uses it has now wait untill it´s out.

The games that use Wiimote become better games if made properly and RE Wii is hardly a reason for gamemaker to make ports when you actually play the game and realise how much better it is with the wiimote they understand this and it will show i future games.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

@thx1138/9

I agree that GH3 and SSBB are not motion-control-based games.
Also, WiiFit is entirely different with the balance board.
I have not had the chance to play MKWii -- so I can't speak on that.

But I disagree on SMG. This is especially true if you are playing co-op.
My son points to the screen to stop enemies or get star bits while I attack and move. That would not be as easy (or even possible) with a standard controller set-up.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

thx1139 said:

The last really good Wii game that was made to use the WiiMote was MP3. SMG motion controls were tacked on, SSBB better with standard controls (Dont even think that it use motion controls), MarioKart WII better with standard controls (According to the reviewers).

I've not played SSBB.

But have played SMG and Mario Kart....Just wondering how you define "better" for MarioKart controls? 

Slightly beating your best time?  Yeah, probably. 

Having more fun, getting more enjoyment out of the game, being able to pick the game up and play with minimum instructions, getting people to play the game who would never have picked up a standard controller and played it?  No, not a chance.

The Wii control scheme makes MarioKart more fun, more enjoyable and more accessible.  That's what I would class as "better" controls.

As for SMG.... I love the nunchuck + Wiimote setup, hands independent of each other.  The Co-op mode is also great for more fun and more accessibility and wouldn't work nearly as well with a standard controller.

Thx1139, next time you want to say something negative about the Wii-mote usage in a game, play the damn thing first. Half the games on your list were vastly improved with motion control.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

Not trolling this is a legitimate discussion. The other thread was closed with no reason. So answer the question since MP3 what very good game (Not something that just sold well) really made use of the WiiMote (AKA better game with motion controls than standard controls).

Guitar Hero 3 - Nope
SMG - Nope
SSBB - Nope
Mario Kart - Nope

The Wii version of Guitar Hero 3 is the only one that has rumble, and where the sound from missing a note comes from the guitar. It's also way cheaper to make due to using the wiimote's own transmission technology, which is probably one of the reasons the game was 10€ cheaper than the 360/PS3 version.

In Super Mario Galaxy you use the pointer while playing for a bunch of semi-crucial stuff, and waggling to do the spin attack is somewhat more interesting than pressing a button.

In Brawl you can use the wiimote as a normal controller if you want, but otherwise the controls are pretty much the same as on the Gamecube.

Mario Kart comes with a steering wheel, which would cost a lot without the wiimote's motion detection.

There are games that would only ever work with the wiimote (Zack&Wiki, Wii Sports), games that work significantly better with wiimote (the entire FPS genre), games that can do stuff with the wiimote that would otherwise require expensive peripherals (lightgun, racing), and games that are mostly the same as they would be with a traditional controller (Twilight Princess, UR MR GAY). That's how it's supposed to work, and what most people have been expecting.

Should we be somehow offended by how every single game isn't designed so it would absolutely never work without the wiimote? The whole point is that the controller can be used to play the kinds of games we had last gen and now on the other consoles, as well as whatever the craziest nutters out there can come up with for the motion detection and pointer functions.

Honestly, the way you're putting it sounds more like you're desperately looking for things to complain about than anything else.

A highly skilled ninja assassin wouldn't dirty his hands with a lowly tool like an automatic weapon, not when he had other more highly, almost artistic means to dispatch his victim.
But the rest of us, just like you, would use a gun. Splattering lots of bullets around and hope that some of them hit.

To a large extent, that is true of the Wii Remote as well. In most cases, the years of training on the traditional controller have hone those skills. But flailing the wiimote about works better for those without the years of training. And can be a lot of fun as well.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

RolStoppable said:
Parokki said:
ItsaMii said:
RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
To consider GTA 4 the biggest hardcore game show how retarded he is. It really doesn`t matter in the end, clueless people never get it.

(...) and in my opinion GTA 4 is the biggest "hardcore" game, if we go by the currently popular definition of a "hardcore" game.

GTA 4 is violent, it's mature (well, M-rated), its looks are realistic, it's a game from a western developer, you can put a lot of time into it and it causes controversy in the mainstream media (thanks Malstrom). GTA 4 is practically everything "hardcore" gaming stands for.

(...)

GTA IV is hardcore if your a fratboy. Fire Emblem and Baroque are hardcore if your an actual gamer.

Meh, Fire Emblem has bad graphics and is on a Nintendo system.

I give up. The original meaning of the word hardcore is lost forever. From now on everytime I see the term "hardcore gamer" I will subconsciously read "retarded man-children who likes only sports and shooters".

Looks like somebody got RolRolled!

Sorry, but it doesn't look like it.

@L.C.E.C.

Nobody knows about your myspace blog and considering the language you use in your posts, no I don't give you credit. You don't write as good and well reasoned as Sean Malstrom.

@RolStoppable:

Joking, I was JOKING! You thought I was serious?!?!?!? XD

BTW, when you said "considering the language you use in your posts" were you talking about me complaining about "graphic whores" or when I made an "anti-homosexual" (not homophobic) Neo-GAF joke?