By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

Do you only judge graphics by engines or lighting? Artistic design is also a huge part of graphics that's why  people view of the best looking will be always be subjective.  The art in the game is better then anything using u5 so far.

You made a claim. I rebuked said claim.
Seems the majority in this thread disagree with your various incorrect assertions anyway.

Unreal Engine games can look impressive for each console generation they have debuted on, but they do tend to look "samey" as they are using the exact same rendering pipeline... And often the same middleware like Speed Tree.

It's the more custom engines that tend to shine.

And considering your thread title is based on the "visuals" of a game. I.E. "Looks to be the first true nextgen game" and your first post states "the graphics look amazing as well" - It would seem graphics and first impressions are also important to you.
If not, then you haven't learned anything over the last few days.

I also literally don't care about your subjective view points, I only care about objective facts.

So if i see a game that  looks like it has amazing gameplay how the heck am i suppose to describe it? when i say it looks to be true nextgen game i'm talking about every aspect of the game, from the artistic beautiful graphics, to the animation and the gameplay variety it does look like a huge step up in those aspects.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 12 August 2024

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

If the level design is linear with no exploring or secrets I would consider terrible. Not to mention i think the art style is horrendous.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Bayonetta has good level design if a bit linear like and the art style is not horrendous, it's unique and very stylish. This is your personal taste and you're confusing subjectivity with objectivity. The art style is objectively good wheter you like the style of it or not and as for DMC, have you played DMC4, it's got excellent level design as does DMC: Devil May Cry with lots of metroid vania aspects. DMC5 faltered in this regard but it still wasn't terrible just mediocre. 

Of course this is my opinion but for a game so loved online, and always getting great 90+ reviews it sales are really weak, and of course it just my opinion that the art style is horrendus.

I don't speak the language but I'm not impressed with that VO for some reason. To me the game looks like a really refined Team Ninja game with the fat stripped off. 

LegitHyperbole said:

I don't speak the language but I'm not impressed with that VO for some reason. To me the game looks like a really refined Team Ninja game with the fat stripped off. 

That looks so freaking good a everyway man,  and those animations, if this game delivers im selling my ps5 for a pro. Team ninja games may have the best combat in gaming, i don't think they would go this crazy on graphics not to have the level design more like GOW or even dark souls.

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

That looks so freaking good a everyway man,  and those animations, if this game delivers im selling my ps5 for a pro. Team ninja games may have the best combat in gaming, i don't think they would go this crazy on graphics not to have the level design more like GOW or even dark souls.

If they can improve on Team Ninjas pourer aspects like the levels, graphics, story, over design, HUD and loot system then I'm all for it and from what I can see they've at least improved a chunk of those things. After seeing this boss fight, I'm quite impressed. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

You made a claim. I rebuked said claim.
Seems the majority in this thread disagree with your various incorrect assertions anyway.

Unreal Engine games can look impressive for each console generation they have debuted on, but they do tend to look "samey" as they are using the exact same rendering pipeline... And often the same middleware like Speed Tree.

It's the more custom engines that tend to shine.

And considering your thread title is based on the "visuals" of a game. I.E. "Looks to be the first true nextgen game" and your first post states "the graphics look amazing as well" - It would seem graphics and first impressions are also important to you.
If not, then you haven't learned anything over the last few days.

I also literally don't care about your subjective view points, I only care about objective facts.

So if i see a game that  looks like it has amazing gameplay how the heck am i suppose to describe it? when i say it looks to be true nextgen game i'm talking about every aspect of the game, from the artistic beautiful graphics, to the animation and the gameplay variety it does look like a huge step up in those aspects.

I could be wrong, but it didn’t seem like there was much gameplay in the trailer. Or at least I couldn’t delineate any gameplay mechanics in the trailer you shared for cut scenes, and just footage of the game. What nextgen “gameplay” for action rpgs was present in the trailer. 

im trying to understand your pov but feel I am missing something key you are seeing and others aren’t. 

MadDogg said:
zeldaring said:

I could be wrong, but it didn’t seem like there was much gameplay in the trailer. Or at least I couldn’t delineate any gameplay mechanics in the trailer you shared for cut scenes, and just footage of the game. What nextgen “gameplay” for action rpgs was present in the trailer. 

im trying to understand your pov but feel I am missing something key you are seeing and others aren’t. 

well if you compare to souls like games, or action games like DMC, ninja gaiden, bayonetta, nioh, it looks a generation ahead interms of graphics in animation. You wanna see impressions from other forums many are blown away by the trailer, and calling it a true nextegn game.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-final-trailer-launching-august-20-2024.947577/page-2

zeldaring said:
MadDogg said:

well if you compare to souls like games, or action games like DMC, ninja gaiden, bayonetta, nioh, it looks a generation ahead interms of graphics in animation. You wanna see impressions from other forums many are blown away by the trailer, and calling it a true nextegn game.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-final-trailer-launching-august-20-2024.947577/page-2

If you want to compare it to other action JRPG's why not take FFXVI, Lords of the Fallen (reboot) Stellar Blade and Demon Souls remake as point of reference. Those games are current gen and at least push the PS5. The game looks good, bit to me not anything that's totally out of this world. If we take action games a bit broader we could even throw Horizon Forbidden West in the mix.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Can you turn this into a Black myth review discussion thread when it comes time?

What's this obsession with Reshitera and holding their views on some fucking pedestal? That forum is full of extremist hypocrites who ban anyone not within the herd views. No, I never joined or ever wanted to. They constantly pretend to be offended. If a game has a female character that shows even a spec of skin they throw tantrums. Then later when it's no longer trendy to pretend to be angry they sing the game's praises. They're just as far extreme and nuts as NeoGaf just in the opposite direction.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!