By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Majority of users online playing the game on PS5 reckon they have a smooth experience.

I’m patiently waiting for a physical release of this.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Just look at facts and not personal preference.  A 1060 is a low end 2016 GPU and runs GoW 2018 exceptionally well....  a low end 2016 GPU that launches two years before GoW.

You are viewing things based on personal preference.

I understand PC was vastly more powerful but it just did not have the developers to fully take advantage of its power at that time or at least I did not see it. It's like Xbox vs Gc even though Xbox was vastly more powerful resident evil 4 was the best looking game that gen. Heck I played it on ps2 and it impressed more then anything on Xbox it's just how far developers skill and art can make a game look so impressive even on much inferior hardware. 

We will have to agree to disagree.  The idea the best looking games were from consoles is laughable and absurd.  Resolution, fps, advance lighting, etc..  PC has always been way ahead of consoles.  Consoles have never had better graphics.  

People are confusing style prefence with technical achievements.

I mean according to you RDR2 is the best looking game ever...  do you think the ps4 runs RDR2 better than a 1080?  Lol.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 August 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I understand PC was vastly more powerful but it just did not have the developers to fully take advantage of its power at that time or at least I did not see it. It's like Xbox vs Gc even though Xbox was vastly more powerful resident evil 4 was the best looking game that gen. Heck I played it on ps2 and it impressed more then anything on Xbox it's just how far developers skill and art can make a game look so impressive even on much inferior hardware. 

We will have to agree to disagree.  The idea the best looking games were from consoles is laughable and absurd.  Resolution, fps, advance lighting, etc..  PC has always been way ahead of consoles.  Consoles have never had better graphics.  

I mean according to you RDR2 is the best looking game ever...  do you think the ps4 runs RDR2 better than a 1080?  Lol.  

This concept has you stumped, hehe. I suppose you had to be playing on ps4 at the time to understand. 

RDR2 was on console for a month before PC. 😉 

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

This concept has you stumped, hehe. I suppose you had to be playing on ps4 at the time to understand. 

Stumped?  Lol, it is check mate.  If the prettiest game at the time is RDR2 and PC ran it with far better graphics, resolution and fps...  then by default PC wins. 

I've owned every Nintendo and Sony home console ever released.  I was gaming on a ps4 at the time.  The ps4 did not have software outperforming something like a 1080.  

PC has always had more advance graphics, always. 

Use Doom 2016 as an example.  A 1080 is going to be ultra settings, way higher than a ps4.  A 1080 is going to be native 1440p, way higher than a ps4.  A 1080 is going to be 120 fps, way higher than a ps4. 

The ps4 was not hitting ultra settings via 1440p at 120 fps, PC was.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 August 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

When I'm talking about rdr 2  still looking the best now at 4k with high settings. I agree with you graphics of course matter I'm just saying those games weren't on pc and rdr 2 took 1 year to go to pc, of course when you factor in most people still only had 1080p sets at the time and even then the pro or x series of those games were considered the best looking games ever near release. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Stumped?  Lol, it is check mate.  If the prettiest game at the time is RDR2 and PC ran it with far better graphics, resolution and fps...  then by default PC wins. 

I've owned every Nintendo and Sony home console ever released.  I was gaming on a ps4 at the time.  The ps4 did not have software outperforming something like a 1080.  

PC has always had more advance graphics, always. 

Use Doom 2016 as an example.  A 1080 is going to be ultra settings, way higher than a ps4.  A 1080 is going to be native 1440p, way higher than a ps4.  A 1080 is going to be 120 fps, way higher than a ps4. 

The ps4 was not hitting ultra settings via 1440p at 120 fps, PC was.  

Numbers. It's only numbers. What's it matter if what your seeing with your eyes looks inferior. I'm sorry but Uncharted 4, a game a year earlier looked better than Doom 2016 on PC. Not just in style but graphics, if you played that game to the end you'd see what was created wad far more detailed and looked just better. The developers polished it all up with details, they meticulously crafted the world. They made it look better without the tech. Just look... 

Show me Doom 2016 running on a 1080 in 2016 and it looks better than this. 

Show me something on PC that looked better than this game on PC. Running on a 1080 or as you said a 980. Pleeease.

Edit: Lol, all the PC players salty in the comments. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 21 August 2024

LegitHyperbole said:

Show me something on PC that looked better than this game on PC. Running on a 1080 or as you said a 980. Pleeease.

Lol, how do you want me to show you?  YouTube doesn't support 120 fps and is compressed.  Doom 2016 ultra settings 1440p at 120 fps is a treat.  

ND makes artistic games on rails.  They are well done but nowhere as impressive as people make them out to be.  The game basically leads the character in one direction and ND stages the scene.  

Shadow of TR on ultra is more impressive.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LegitHyperbole said:

Honestly these games still look as good as the best ps5 games. it's crazy how we haven't advanced that much and very disappointing.

Like damn this looks better then spider man 2 for me, lol. I think a developer commented on needing to do 3x the work just to look 10% better.

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Lol, how do you want me to show you?  YouTube doesn't support 120 fps and is compressed.  Doom 2016 ultra settings 1440p at 120 fps is a treat.  

Youtube supports 4k 60. I have a 4k 60hz TV. 120fps means nothing to my eyes when I'm analysing the visuals, not the movement. 

BTW, read the comments on that video, look at all them PC players salty as all hell, lol.