By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Chrkeller said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

To me demon's souls is the best looking ps5 game

I won't argue against that.  Both Rift and Demon are stunning.  Kind of sad two early titles are still the best looking.  

The first party games will come and blow them out of the water. Probably blow PC games put of the water too like the base PS4 did in 2017-2019. You couldn't find a game back then on PC that could significantly match them even with much higher tech than the base PS4. Naughty Dog, Kojima's crowd and Santa's Monica, sucker punch and the rest are wizards and can make miracles happen on these underpowered systems. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

It's been out now for 12 hours and I can't find the Internet general response to it. Anyone here playing?

Yep, playing it now. Enjoying it so far, no major techincal issues except for the stutterimg when entering new locations. I had more technical issues in elden ring

Palworld has now been dethroned as the biggest steam game of the year, and the 2nd biggest steam CCU ever.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It's been out now for 12 hours and I can't find the Internet general response to it. Anyone here playing?

Yep, playing it now. Enjoying it so far, no major techincal issues except for the stutterimg when entering new locations. I had more technical issues in elden ring

Nice one. Would you say the reviews are bogus? Whata ya thinkbof the aggregate score compared to your time so far?

Zippy6 said:

Palworld has now been dethroned as the biggest steam game of the year, and the 2nd biggest steam CCU ever.

Holy hell. The hype didn't even feel close to Cyberpunk. That's wild. 

Around the Network

This is crazy. Second biggest launch on Steam of all time, only behind a multiplayer game. August will be a good month to see npd group data

Let's go China!

LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

I won't argue against that.  Both Rift and Demon are stunning.  Kind of sad two early titles are still the best looking.  

The first party games will come and blow them out of the water. Probably blow PC games put of the water too like the base PS4 did in 2017-2019. You couldn't find a game back then on PC that could significantly match them even with much higher tech than the base PS4. Naughty Dog, Kojima's crowd and Santa's Monica, sucker punch and the rest are wizards and can make miracles happen on these underpowered systems. 

Eww, can't agree to that.  Consoles have never been ahead of PC.  PC is always way ahead, even the ps4.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

LegitHyperbole said:

It's pretty good.

I feel like Lies of P (another East Asian souls-like that scored about the same) still has a slight edge in gameplay but this is better than an 8 so far, at least to me.

LegitHyperbole said:

Holy hell. The hype didn't even feel close to Cyberpunk. That's wild. 

In the West, it probably is doing about the same as your average AAA on Steam, but it's absolutely huge in China + HK.

It's a bit hard to compare to other games since this is overwhelmingly a single country with a one time zone vs. multiple peaks across the globe for a game like CP2077, but it must have sold massively there in all likelihood.

Wow I knew it was gonna do well since it was the most wishlisted game on Steam but reaching 2 million concurrent players in just 12 hours is nuts. It feels very possible for it to beat PUBG's record and in the coming years there's surely gonna be a rapid increase in pandering to Chinese gamers like how Hollywood panders to Chinese moviegoers. Hopefully AAA games don't start censoring themselves en masse in pursuit of that though.