By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Myth Wukong: Review Thread

Love the art style and love the graphics and gameplay from what i see but this  unfortunately seems like a game that you wanna wait to buy if you are not rocking a beast of a PC.

Around the Network

Interesting that it is selling well when some have assured us people don't care about graphics...

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 August 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Interesting that it is selling well when some.habe assured us people don't care about graphics...

It's a combination and always has been. If you make a game  that looks crazy appealing art wise and has stunning graphics, people are gonna buy it up.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Interesting that it is selling well when some.habe assured us people don't care about graphics...

It's a combination and always has been. If you make a game  that looks crazy appealing art wise and has stunning graphics, people are gonna buy it up.

Agreed.  I always chortle when people think graphics don't matter.  Graphics helps with sales.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

The 4th biggest steam concurrent player count of all time, the biggest singleplayer game launch ever.

Just like Palworld and Helldivers 2, this year seems to be the year of surprise astronomically popular hits.

Around the Network

PS5 version not looking so hot

This is making the PS5 look very weak. Naughty dog better be cooking up one of those Uncharted 4 level, blow your mind how is it even running on this system type games. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 20 August 2024

LegitHyperbole said:

This is making the PS5 look very weak. Naughty dog better be cooking up one of those Uncharted 4 level, blow your mind how is it even running on this system type games. 

To be fair, apparently this game crushes hardware.  Max settings on a 4090 runs at 20 fps....  even a 4090 is going to be limited to 1440p with frame generation.  I'm also tempted to hold on getting this game until a 5090 it out.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

To be fair, apparently this game crushes hardware.  Max settings on a 4090 runs at 20 fps....  even a 4090 is going to be limited to 1440p with frame generation.  I'm also tempted to hold on getting this game until a 5090 it out.  

Yeah I know it's demanding but you'd think the ps5 could do better than this. It just doesn't feel like a leap at all. I'm now worried for GTA6.

There's no 'next gen" vibe at all on ps5 even without side by sides, it looks like something the PRO could run. It's so toned down. Demon souls looks bette.