By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your personal, single best game of all time.

The Winner is...

The Witcher 3 4 9.52%

Not the Witcher 3. (Comment) 38 90.48%

Total:42
IcaroRibeiro said:

R4 is grwt but it's too "shooter" for me, it's no longer an horror survival game with focus on inventory management and puzzles

It's more like a full fledged action third person shooter, which is fine but not what I like in gaming

I honestly prefer RE 2 remake to it

remake 2 gameplay was so boring for me, just run away from spong zombies and save amo the game.

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I think I'll go with Elden Ring

Beet combat gameplay in the industry refined to astonishing levels where you have hundreds of spells, weapons ans skills you can combined in thousands of viable and sick builds

There's not a single boring moment in the Lands in Between. The maps are filled with bosses, enemies, dungeons and items and secrets to discover

The level design in the dungeons are nothing sort of stellar with some of the best in From Software history

The artistic direction make this one of the most beautiful games ever made. Music is spectacular, beautiful and immersive

Souls have the ability to test your patience and rewards you will the thrill. The sense you're are in constant risk of death and the feelings of accomplishment for beating the boss when you're left with
I'm over 600h on it and I'm still far from gone. DLC is amazing and could be a game on its own

I'm sure it'll end up in the top spot for many gamers for those reasons. I'm surprised it isn't making these sites, like game Informers, top list actually. Would have expected it to but sure GTA 5 never does and that sold more than any console in existence. 

I think it's just too recent and the lack of accessibility will make it always behind other open world games like Zelda, GTA and The Witcher in popularity rankings. Most people play games to have fun and I guess dying again and again and losing your runes is the opposite of fun for most gamers. Most people don't want the challenge, they want feasible obstacles that give them the illusion of having beingg skilled and mastered the mechanics. 

Ive started Divinity 2. Sick game. Loving it. The companion management is bad though. The game clearly wants you to pick only 3 of them and leave the other 2 behind. 

zeldaring said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

R4 is grwt but it's too "shooter" for me, it's no longer an horror survival game with focus on inventory management and puzzles

It's more like a full fledged action third person shooter, which is fine but not what I like in gaming

I honestly prefer RE 2 remake to it

remake 2 gameplay was so boring for me, just run away from spong zombies and save amo the game.

I like puzzles and circular map design, same reason why I like Metroivanias. RE2 gives this. It's a shooter and I hate shooters, so the least amount of combat the better for me lol

RE4 in many moments become full flegeded third person shooter where they give you tons of ammo to just kill every mob the game send to you. Horror elements are diminished because most of maps are open fields instead of claustrophobic buildings. There is nothing inherently wrong with its design though, it's just more boring for me 

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I'm sure it'll end up in the top spot for many gamers for those reasons. I'm surprised it isn't making these sites, like game Informers, top list actually. Would have expected it to but sure GTA 5 never does and that sold more than any console in existence. 

I think it's just too recent and the lack of accessibility will make it always behind other open world games like Zelda, GTA and The Witcher in popularity rankings. Most people play games to have fun and I guess dying again and again and losing your runes is the opposite of fun for most gamers. Most people don't want the challenge, they want feasible obstacles that give them the illusion of having beingg skilled and mastered the mechanics. 

Ive started Divinity 2. Sick game. Loving it. The companion management is bad though. The game clearly wants you to pick only 3 of them and leave the other 2 behind. 

For me where elden ring really fails is the story and lack of side quest log, like really it's a massive open world game and i need a guide just to do a side quest or be spoiled online with warnings and hints.

IcaroRibeiro said:
zeldaring said:

I like puzzles and circular map design, same reason why I like Metroivanias. RE2 gives this. It's a shooter and I hate shooters, so the least amount of combat the better for me lol

RE4 in many moments become full flegeded third person shooter where they give you tons of ammo to just kill every mob the game send to you. Horror elements are diminished because most of maps are open fields instead of claustrophobic buildings. There is nothing inherently wrong with its design though, it's just more boring for me 

The remake on hardcore you can't do that and it's more like a very fair souls game, you have to get every ammo or you run out.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

For me where elden ring really fails is the story and lack of side quest log, like really it's a massive open world game and i need a guide just to do a side quest or be spoiled online with warnings and hints.

Lack of side quest log is a plus for me. Quest log are necessary in games like Divinity where you have way too many NPCs and quests that need you to make complex things. Elden Ring most Quests are only about exploring, collecting items and talking to NPC. The only thing I felt they needed to update is to make them close to site of graces to avoid so much walking. DLC corrects this, first by characters stating where they are moving (you just need to pay attention) and what they are planning to do, and moving them to more easily acessebile places instead of obnoxious ones 

I love the ER story, specially in the aspect of lord-world design integration. What I don't like much is how every NPC has traffic, often unnecessary, deaths in the end of their questlines. I also find the NPCs lack of alignment a thing to improve, they did this in DLC creating two factions Leda's and Thiollier/Ansbach. I'd like to see in future Souls games a lost of NPCs you can only interact and unlock if you make right decisions. Since they have multiple ending it makes sense some endings do not appeal every NPC

zeldaring said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

The remake on hardcore you can't do that and it's more like a very fair souls game, you have to get every ammo or you run out.

I've played it for about 6 hours and dropped to play other games and end never coming back . I was enjoying it but I've moved to another city and was lacking a TV for a couple of weeks. After I bought a TV I used it to play Persona 3 and forgot RE existed 

It's still a shooter. Not even a Souls-like design could change this, not that this game has anything to do with Souls anyways 

I'll come back to it though, mostly to see how it compares to my favorite TPS, The Last of US 2. So far TLOU2 had better art/environment/character models, better gameplay combat (mostly because of stealth) and better characters/story 

RE4 was winning in cinematography, level and map design, enemy design, puzzles and overall pacing (TLOU2 is too story focused which sometimes break the gameplay progression). It also features real bosses 

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Awe you lucky bugger, you get to play Divinty OS 2 for the first time and yes, ya gotta leave two behind or three if you created your own character from scratch. May I suggest that you leave beast behind and probably the next weakest story is Sebillies although she has a great default class if you didn't change it and as an elf she can eat flesh to see memories which is useful.  You definitely wanna keep Fane and Loshe. Who did you choose to main?

LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Awe you lucky bugger, you get to play for the first time and yes, ya gotta leave two behind or three if you created your own character from scratch. May I suggest that you leave beast behind and probably the next weakest story is Sebillies although she has a great default class if you didn't change it. You definitely wanna keep Fane and Loshe. Who did you choose to main?

Beast is my main so I can't leave him unfortunately 

I'm using the Red Serpent Prince, Lohse and iFan. But I really like Fane and want to use him

Red Price is the tank 

Beast is the damage dealer and debuffer 

iFan is the archer, but I'm feeling him a bit underwhelming 

Lohse is my wizard. I'm teaching her water and air magic 

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Awe you lucky bugger, you get to play for the first time and yes, ya gotta leave two behind or three if you created your own character from scratch. May I suggest that you leave beast behind and probably the next weakest story is Sebillies although she has a great default class if you didn't change it. You definitely wanna keep Fane and Loshe. Who did you choose to main?

Beast is my main so I can't leave him unfortunately 

I'm using the Red Serpent Prince, Lohse and iFan. But I really like Fane and want to use him

Red Price is the tank 

Beast is the damage dealer and debuffer 

iFan is the archer, but I'm feeling him a bit underwhelming 

Lohse is my wizard. I'm teaching her water and air magic 

Don't write Ifan off cuase Archers can come in insanely useful latter in the game, but you can always respect after the tutorial island and change just about anything including changing characters for one last time at some point if I recall correctly. But yeah, don't worry too much about it, there is always another way to do something in this game, I seen someone play as a telekinesis build where they just filled a box with more boxes and carried it around the game dropping it on top of enemies for an insta death. The game is only limited by your imagination and less so about the choices you make unless you done something really silly like had a party of tanks.