By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halfway through 2024

What have been your gaming highlights of the year? Anything from the year you consider to be Game of the Year worthy? 

If I'm being honest, I haven't gotten a chance to play many of the games from this year (So far I guess my GOTY, I just started, which is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door). 

Around the Network

The first half of 2024 was rather dull for me games-wise; not many games that interested me. Thankfully, the second half is looking like a massive improvement; I'm really looking forward to the likes of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom, The Plucky Squire, Bo: Path of Teal Lotus, Turbo Overkill on consoles, and Nikoderiko.

Stellar Blade is probably my game of the year thus far; a fun and stylish action romp with satisfying combat, nice visuals, and an endearing AA charm.

The only games released this year that I've played are FFVII Rebirth and Persona 3 Reload (Rebirth is my GOTY so far). I also bought Stellar Blade and Dragon's Dogma 2 but haven't played either of them yet. I've mostly been going back and playing older games that have been sitting in my backlog for awhile.

AstroBot, Zelda, Shadow Generation, M&L summarizes the second-half of the year. Pretty solid lineup imo. This is significantly better than the first-half of the year…which was absolutely nothing (for me) besides from TTYD.

Last edited by firebush03 - on 02 July 2024

I haven’t played a huge amount of games this year, but so far my GOTY is Unicorn Overlord. What a deep and satisfying turn based strategy RPG and a great introduction to Vanillaware for me.

Honorable mentions would be Helldivers 2, Mullet MadJack, Selaco, Paper Mario: TTYD, and Star Wars Dark Forces remaster (Nightdive did a damn good bloody good damn good job on this remaster!)

Around the Network

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown and Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree has been the highlights for me so far. Also enjoyed Paper Mario TTYD, but thats just a remake of a game Ive beaten before, so its not as exciting.

Really gone through the games this year, but there’s 2 that really hit. Baldur’s Gate 3 (finally played it this year) and Rise of the Rōnin.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Haven't played anything from 2024.

But fav game completed this year is Ghost of Tsushima.

GotY for me so far is LM2 HD. Loving it. Though there is a lot of competition later this year.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

So far Unicorn Overlord is my top pick for GOTY, but I still have a LOT of games to play before I can provide an authoritative opinion. Another contender: Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island.

And a few others that fall just short of GOTY consideration: Lil’ Guardsman, Contra: Operation Galuga, and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Rumble.