By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which was the better gen in your opinion?

Wii/PS3/360/DS/PSP 54 66.67%

Wii U/PS4/XBO/3DS/Vita 27 33.33%

Total:81
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I've played both and X is technically impressive, but the characters were generic and the music was awful.  

Just my 2 cents, the Wii U was way more powerful and had better looking games than the ps3/360.  I personally didn't think it was close.  Bayo 2 decimates Bayo 1.  

This factually wrong, as PC player you should know that's a terrible  way to judge power and basically pure speculation to what your perfernce is. Just look at DF they are supposed to be experts yet could not tell The Wiiu GPU was actually 176Gflop instead Thought it was a more advanced GPU was suppose to be more then double the power, which was pretty clear it wasn't considering it lost to 360 in most multipltform games. They also embarresed themselves with the xbox x series article saying most multiplatform games would run better cause of the power diffrence then later this year just released a article that ps5 was designed better and thats why it runs games better. The Wiiu GPU is the same ATI/AMD TeraScale solution not all that different from R600 from 2007, and it was using 64bit DDR3 while the 360 had 128bit GDDR3 + those 10MB of edram. Really if a console is more powerfil in meaningful way  its gonna run most games better right from the start that wasn't the case with ps3, wiiu and x series cause they really werent at best they were on par and that's being nice.

@curl-6 you mention why DF found it impressive but they can't even tell the differnce between 176gflops GPU VS a way more advanced 352Gflops GPU so they should just stick multiplaform comparsions instead of there speculation.

The Wii U pulled off Breath, something the ps3 wouldn't touch.  Bayo 2 smashed Bayo 1. 

Having owned a Wii U, ps3 and Xbox 360...  dude, no doubt the Wii U had better fidelity output. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Ignoring Mr Wrong.

7th gen had some good hidden emotional gems. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. Lost in Shadow. Lost in rain. Fragile Dreams. These are some good to fantastic games no one played.

Fragile Dreams is esp great and stuck on Wii, it's a supernatural post-apocalypse emotional RPG. Fantastic music and a looker for a Wii game.

Sony sent Lost in rain (or just rain) to die as it launched the same month on PS3 the PS4 launched. It's similar to an Ico. Tho you are spirits and the only time you can be seen is in the rain.

Lost in Shadow is cool game and one of the last from Hudson Soft.  You play as a boy's shadow climbing a tower to reclaim his body. The Wii remote is the guide a butterfly that can manipulate platforms to cast shadows. The boy's shadow can only platform on shadows.

Majin an d the Forsaken Kingdom. You play as a thief and meet a big monster and together you solve puzzles to get through each stage. The monster is adorable and they have great chemistry.

A game wins 7th gen alone. Sin & Punishment Star Successor. Nothing to do with the other games mentioned but that game is so good I had to sneak it in.

yes quoting myself so the topic can get back to talking about games from the era's and not idiotic posts of something looks PS2 in 2015.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

This factually wrong, as PC player you should know that's a terrible  way to judge power and basically pure speculation to what your perfernce is. Just look at DF they are supposed to be experts yet could not tell The Wiiu GPU was actually 176Gflop instead Thought it was a more advanced GPU was suppose to be more then double the power, which was pretty clear it wasn't considering it lost to 360 in most multipltform games. They also embarresed themselves with the xbox x series article saying most multiplatform games would run better cause of the power diffrence then later this year just released a article that ps5 was designed better and thats why it runs games better. The Wiiu GPU is the same ATI/AMD TeraScale solution not all that different from R600 from 2007, and it was using 64bit DDR3 while the 360 had 128bit GDDR3 + those 10MB of edram. Really if a console is more powerfil in meaningful way  its gonna run most games better right from the start that wasn't the case with ps3, wiiu and x series cause they really werent at best they were on par and that's being nice.

@curl-6 you mention why DF found it impressive but they can't even tell the differnce between 176gflops GPU VS a way more advanced 352Gflops GPU so they should just stick multiplaform comparsions instead of there speculation.

The Wii U pulled off Breath, something the ps3 wouldn't touch.  Bayo 2 smashed Bayo 1. 

Having owned a Wii U, ps3 and Xbox 360...  dude, no doubt the Wii U had better fidelity output. 

I have owned all 3 and disagree. I found  GTAV more impressive then BOTW, the comparsion is also pretty bad with one doing a real life city with way more things going on and realistic graphics no one can look at the game tell which one is more demanding considering by most accounts 360/ps3 have better cpu's. As for bayo 1 vs 2 i don't get the comparsion cause one  came out 5 years later when plat had way more experiance with hd graphics, and graphics engines have become way more advanced like uncharted 3, halo 4, and gears 3 all smash the first games by a massive margin and bayo was never a show case for those systems.

zeldaring said:

No offense mate but you're being ridiculous.

The Digital Foundry guys do this for a living. This is their job. They know far more about the subject than you or I.

You claim to know better than professional graphics analysts, while also claiming not to be able to tell the difference between Wii and Wii U graphics, or that a Wii U game praised by professional analysts has PS2 graphics.

Stop digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole, you're just making yourself look absurd.

Leynos said:

Ignoring Mr Wrong.

7th gen had some good hidden emotional gems. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. Lost in Shadow. Lost in rain. Fragile Dreams. These are some good to fantastic games no one played.

Fragile Dreams is esp great and stuck on Wii, it's a supernatural post-apocalypse emotional RPG. Fantastic music and a looker for a Wii game.

Sony sent Lost in rain (or just rain) to die as it launched the same month on PS3 the PS4 launched. It's similar to an Ico. Tho you are spirits and the only time you can be seen is in the rain.

Lost in Shadow is cool game and one of the last from Hudson Soft.  You play as a boy's shadow climbing a tower to reclaim his body. The Wii remote is the guide a butterfly that can manipulate platforms to cast shadows. The boy's shadow can only platform on shadows.

Majin an d the Forsaken Kingdom. You play as a thief and meet a big monster and together you solve puzzles to get through each stage. The monster is adorable and they have great chemistry.

A game wins 7th gen alone. Sin & Punishment Star Successor. Nothing to do with the other games mentioned but that game is so good I had to sneak it in.

Yeah Sin & Punishment was fantastic.

The Wii had a lot of hidden gems; Muramasa The Demon Blade, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Dead Space Extraction, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Red Steel 2, World of Goo, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Art of Balance, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, de Blob 1 and 2, House of the Dead Overkill...

PS3 and 360 had some good ones as well, like Binary Domain, Spec Ops The Line, Singularity, and Puppeteer.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 July 2024

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

The Digital Foundry guys do this for a living. This is their job. They know far more about the subject than you or I.

You claim to know better than professional graphics analysts, while also claiming not to be able to tell the difference between Wii and Wii U graphics, or that a Wii U game praised by professional analysts has PS2 graphics.

Stop digging yourself into a deeper and deeper hole, you're just making yourself look absurd.

I never said I know more then them but them not knowing how to tell the difference if the wiiu was 2x more powerful then 360 with modern features tells me that no one could look at a game and say we'll yea this more technically impressive unless the gap is massive, I think that proves my point. That's why multiplatform comparisons are the only way to tell a system power I mean at least 10-15. My main point being if x was on a system with 2x the gpu power which df thought how can you call it impressive?

As for the X stop using that as your only defense, it's sad. the game is lacking graphically and pointed out plenty of things even when people said yes ps2 models look better  that destroys your defense or when the city look like ps2 graphics also destroyed your defense cause it does have certain points where it looks horrible and I already stated sometimes it looks like a 7th gen game. I'm also a huge lighting guy like the differnce in gears of war 3 to gears of war 1 was massive. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 20 July 2024

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

I never said I know more then them but them not knowing how to tell the difference if the wiiu was 2x more powerful then 360 with modern features tells me that no one could look at a game and say we'll yea this more technically impressive unless the gap is massive, I think that proves my point.

As for the X stop using that as your only defense, it's sad. the game is lacking graphically and pointed out plenty of things even when people said yes ps2 models look better  that destroys your defense or when the city look like ps2 graphics also destroyed your defense cause it does have certain points where it looks horrible and I already stated sometimes it looks like a 7th gen game.

Nobody here is saying the Wii U is twice as powerful as the 360. Who are you even arguing with?

You're allowed to think X looks horrible, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But saying it has PS2/Wii/6th gen graphics is just untrue.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I never said I know more then them but them not knowing how to tell the difference if the wiiu was 2x more powerful then 360 with modern features tells me that no one could look at a game and say we'll yea this more technically impressive unless the gap is massive, I think that proves my point.

As for the X stop using that as your only defense, it's sad. the game is lacking graphically and pointed out plenty of things even when people said yes ps2 models look better  that destroys your defense or when the city look like ps2 graphics also destroyed your defense cause it does have certain points where it looks horrible and I already stated sometimes it looks like a 7th gen game.

Nobody here is saying the Wii U is twice as powerful as the 360. Who are you even arguing with?

You're allowed to think X looks horrible, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But saying it has PS2/Wii/6th gen graphics is just untrue.

Well I clear the air I know it doesn'thave 6th gen graphics but when you have character models looking worse then ps2 and 2d grass and city looking crap yes it can make you think it looks like a 6th gen with out watching more footage.

As for DF I'm trying to tell you when they made xenoblade x video they thought the gpu was twice as powerful cause the specs weren't leaked and that goes for many other games so how can we take there word seriously and they did the same for x series saying it will have a huge advantage in multiplatform games because if the power advantage which proved false and just released a article of how ps5 is better designed that why it wins in multiplatform games.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Well I clear the air I know it doesn'thave 6th gen graphics but when you have character models looking worse then ps2 and 2d grass and city looking crap yes it can make you think it looks like a 6th gen with out watching more footage.

As for DF I'm trying to tell you when they made xenoblade x video they thought the gpu was twice as powerful cause the specs weren't leaked and that goes for many other games so how can we take there word seriously and they did the same for x series saying it will have a huge advantage in multiplatform games because if the power advantage which proved false and just released a article of how ps5 is better designed that why it wins in multiplatform games.

DF never said Wii U's GPU was twice as powerful as 360; Gigaflops are not an accurate measurement of power between different systems as it reflects a theoretical peak rather than real world throughput. It's possible for a system with lower flops to outperform one with higher flops for instance.

The Series X situation simply shows that other factors such as better dev tools can outweigh an advantage in flops; there was simply no way to know this ahead of time.

Stop distorting what I said. The XCX models are ugly but they're high quality models

They're ugly due to XCX terrible art style fir the characters. I said in my post the FF12 models look better "despite being from a PS2 gane", implying they are indeed worst than de XCX models. And I even said they look better because it's the "power of good art style"...

But eh. I shouldn't give attention to a troll.