By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First trailer for Metroid Prime 4: Beyond, coming 2025

I can't believe it. It's finally real. And it looks incredible.

Coming 2025.

Around the Network

Probably cross-gen will check it out on Switch 2.

I wonder if that was actually Switch 2 footage. If not, it definitely looks to set a new standard for Switch visuals.

Hopefully it includes all of the control options from Prime 1 Remastered. I cannot go back to non-motion controls for Prime.

Lack of 2 and 3 is a little disappointing.

I'm actually surprised that they are continuing on the trail left by the ending tease of MP3, but yeah, people can finally get a rest on the existence of this game !

Definitely looks like they used in some parts assets from MP1 remaster and upped it a bit. A nice looker.

Sooo 2025 .... It's a cross-gen, most likely

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

It feels like a prank because the game was announced 7 years ago.
It's going to be cross-gen or at the very least get a Switch 2 boost patch.
Had it been this year or given a full release date for 2025, there isn't much reason to think it would be cross-gen. But the vague 2025 seals it in my mind.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Probably makes sense that it will be a Switch 2 launch window title, so probably like March-spring 2025.

Works for the IP because Metroid is not a huge hit IP so it'll benefit from being both in the Switch 2 launch window + having the Switch 1 userbase as well to sell to.

Has Nintendo published any actual details yet, or is it just the trailer at this point?

This looks INSANE. I love that they are following the Prime Remastered visual style. Of course this is just a short trailer... but wow. Retro Studios is back, baby!

Looked amazing!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It's amazing to finally see Metroid Prime 4 after all these years.

Good to see connections to Prime Hunters and Prime 3.