By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom out now on Switch

Releases on Switch 26th of September 2024

Around the Network

Ok, this is first thing that popped into my mind:

That said, I actually like the idea, but if you can create infinite Echoes without using any resource, then it's quite bad design.

They took, the open-ended nature of the exploration and puzzles in the last 3D adventures and went like " Imma gonna do it again buuuut in 2D + Zelda as the protag !"

Link getting banned to the Shadow Realm though 😶

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

They took, the open-ended nature of the exploration and puzzles in the last 3D adventures and went like " Imma gonna do it again buuuut in 2D + Zelda as the protag !"

Link getting banned to the Shadow Realm though 😶

Kinda reminded me of a bit of the puzzle and strategy aspects in TriForce heroes, it wasnt that fun because you control more than 1 link at the time but this looks promising.

Feels like Nintendo jumped through a lot of hoops because they feel Zelda herself shouldn't directly fight in combat, not going to lie.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Feels like Nintendo jumped through a lot of hoops because they feel Zelda herself shouldn't directly fight in combat, not going to lie.

I mean, making her just like Link wouldn't make sense to put her in the protag spot in that case.

Also, it's clearly a shake up of the usual formula which is gonna bring just a much interest than disinterest from people only wishing for the usual 2D Zelda setup.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I like that Nintendo is taking this continued break from the Ocarina style games that had dominated Zelda for a couple of decades.

Mar1217 said:
Soundwave said:

I mean, making her just like Link wouldn't make sense to put her in the protag spot in that case.

Also, it's clearly a shake up of the usual formula which is gonna bring just a much interest than disinterest from people only wishing for the usual 2D Zelda setup.

I'm glad that she's not just Link in a Zelda skin, but I can see a game with enemies but no direct combat getting tiresome. I hope she gets some kind of weapon that allows her to do traditional whacks as an option for those times when you just want to get something out of your face.

Doesn't look that much "2D" to me...

Even the general gameplay is not much different from recent entries in the series. It is not as if they had moved to a sideview camera where the gameplay would be 2D (aside from some short segments).

It is just a fixed camera angle Zelda, but nowhere near what one could call "2D".

Soundwave said:

Zelda governs the Trifoce of Wisdom, so it is only natural that she would rely more on her wits instead of her brawns and that this would be reflected in her gameplay style makes sense to me.

I am pleased with the current state of affairs, Zelda-wise.