By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct, June 18, 2024, 10 AM EST

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

10 18 25.71%

9 28 40.00%

8 15 21.43%

7 6 8.57%

6 2 2.86%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.43%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:70

I want a new Donkey Kong Country game, but only if it follows the SNES trilogy style.

If we don't see Metroid Prime 4, then probably it's being saved for Switch 2.

What I expect to see is some thrid party games, and maybe more info on Pokémon Legends Z-A.

Around the Network

There has to be a big holiday game or something. I think Nintendo predicting 13.5M units this FY is telling that they might have something good this year to help push sales a bit further.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I want a new Donkey Kong Country game, but only if it follows the SNES trilogy style.

If we don't see Metroid Prime 4, then probably it's being saved for Switch 2.

What I expect to see is some thrid party games, and maybe more info on Pokémon Legends Z-A.

Especially if King K. Rool and his Kremling cronies are back to being the villains.

I have low expectations.

A new Mario Party, something Kirby related, the HD Zelda ports, and Metroid Prime 2 as well as 3 Remastered.

Anything else is a bonus.

Another day I won't get a Xenoblade X port announced.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I think a bunch of small games and TPHD and WWHD.

I don't believe Prime 4 will be shown, seems like wishful thinking.

Maybe I'll surprised but I don't expect much from this direct, probably more third party then big N hitters given the S2 is next year.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Hoping for a new 2D Zelda and anything at all from Retro studios.
A new ace attorney would be great.
If I could dream remakes of the two hotel dusk games. Or a new game in the same style.

I think we will get a Mario spin off, Mario Party or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, a few more N64 rare titles to Nintendo online, some 3rd party ports, a new remaster and finally a first trailer of Metroid Prime 4 the last big Switch release.

If there is at least one game I want to play that's enough for me to rate it the best direct in the past 3 years.

Pajderman said:

Hoping for a new 2D Zelda and anything at all from Retro studios.
A new ace attorney would be great.
If I could dream remakes of the two hotel dusk games. Or a new game in the same style.

I think we will get a Mario spin off, Mario Party or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, a few more N64 rare titles to Nintendo online, some 3rd party ports, a new remaster and finally a first trailer of Metroid Prime 4 the last big Switch release.

If there is at least one game I want to play that's enough for me to rate it the best direct in the past 3 years.

Not interested in Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Tears Of The Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario TTYD, Kirby And The Forgotten Land, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayonetta 3...?

Remake on seasons would be cool.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

- Metroid Prime4 name reveal with a 2025 launch window (setting up cross-gen like Botw in 2016);
- A Link Between Worlds HD, typically Zelda get's a re-release after about 10 years.
- Something Kirby, probably a remaster of Planet Robobot or Triple Deluxe, with extra content;
- Mario Party game, either a remaster or new;
- A remaster or port of a Square Enix RPG;

Last edited by Tober - on 18 June 2024