By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 22, 2024 (May 27 - Jun 02)

jvmkdg said:

congratulations to the switch but I wonder if switch 2 can pass this number, I don't think so, what's your opinion?

In the traditional regions of Japan, Europe and North America, probably not. It will depend on how 'Other' will do in the future. There is still a lot of world out there that doesn't have (easy) access to consoles for a variety of reasons.

Around the Network

33M, baby

Valdney said:

SMBW should not be losing to anything other than new releases. The game is not that good.

I'm playing wonder now it's good game but it's really not that much better NSMU franchise.

King Switch coming for all time record forever.
Im sure they will reach 170 million

Around the Network
Chicho said:

Consistent sales have allowed it to build up a nice buffer ready for Weeks 24-26. By Week 27 I'm thinking it should be down by only 1-5k total YoY. Then it has 8 weeks to get back up YoY and build up another buffer ready for weeks 36-40.

This has been a oddly satisfying chart to follow in Japan this year.

50,643 TOK v. 34,004 TTYD (Week-on-Week). It's gonna be hard for TTYD to maintain pace with TOK.

Last edited by firebush03 - on 06 June 2024

Valdney said:

SMBW should not be losing to anything other than new releases. The game is not that good.

It's still in the top ten charts more than 7 months after its release. Most game can only dream about pulling that off.

firebush03 said:

50,643 TOK v. 34,004 TTYD (Week-on-Week). It's gonna be hard for TTYD to maintain pace with TOK, having the benefit of the "Covid Bump"...

Not even speaking of how digital sales were at a peak at that moment too. Though to be frank. COVID regulations slowed down heavily during the summer of that year so it's not exactly a one to one comparison. 

If the game does 3M on the first quarter of release like TOK did, it would be quite the surprise considering software sales tend to not explode too much at the end of a console lifecycle

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

33m! New record! With plenty of months to go. Switch's eventual record wherever it lands up (probably 35+ million) I think will never be broken.