By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

The majority of Nintendo's games are designed with motion controls as the default way to play though.

Honestly haven't played enough PS5 games yet to gauge how much Sony actually use the speaker.

We will have to agree to disagree.  Skyward on the Wii was designed with motion.  Tears isn't designed around motion, it is a simple add on.  To me there is a major difference.  

Okay, that is fair enough. I guess we simply have different points of view. Agree to disagree.

I apologize if I came off as pushy, and sorry for dragging things off topic, my bad.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 June 2024

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

We will have to agree to disagree.  Skyward on the Wii was designed with motion.  Tears isn't designed around motion, it is a simple add on.  To me there is a major difference.  

Okay, that is fair enough. I guess we simply have different points of view. Agree to disagree. I apologize if I came off as pushy.

No worries at all.  I don't view any of it as pushy.  Just different definitions on "core."  I always appreciate a different perspective.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

When was the last time the wii remote, eye toy and kinect was a focal point?

While I agree about overreacting to small data samples, motion controls have evolved and remain a significant part of gaming; they're a core feature of the most successful system on the market and don't look to be going anywhere.

LegitHyperbole said:

Yes, it'll be 4 years which is why I made this thread. It's akin to releasing the original Black OPs on the wii, PS2 and Xbox which is unthinkable.... or hell, maybe even modern warfare 3. I think the dates match up.

The original Black Ops actually did release on the Wii, as did Modern Warfare 3.

No way. Was the Wii 7th or 8th gen?

LegitHyperbole said:
Iveyboi said:

What a generation lol

That's one hell of a trophy collection. Never seen anyone reach that high of a level before. How often do you play?

Hah - thank you!! Unfortunately 2 years ago they made trophies P2W via flooding the store with $1 quick platinum games. I stopped bothering, but before that I still had a pretty strong ranking/score (hundreds of games played). As a 36 YO Dad of a 3 year old, I don't generally have time to trophy hunt or play a lot anymore

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Okay, that is fair enough. I guess we simply have different points of view. Agree to disagree. I apologize if I came off as pushy.

No worries at all.  I don't view any of it as pushy.  Just different definitions on "core."  I always appreciate a different perspective.

I'm scratching my head at core lol. Optional motion controls is not why switch sold so well at all.

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
halil23 said:

I can understand releasing it on PS4 but xblock... really 🤦ðŸÂ»â€Ââ™‚ï¸Â

MS own Activision, lol. It's be surprising if it was only PS4. 

I know that!! You seriously think it worth the time and money to port it to xbone to just sell a handful? 

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I'm scratching my head at core lol. Optional motion controls is not why switch sold so well at all.

I never thought about it before but now I'm curious if the switch 2 will drop motion controls to shave some money.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I never thought about it before but now I'm curious if the switch 2 will drop motion controls to shave some money.  

I dont think so. Things like Switch Sports and Ringfit Adventure sold incredibly well. Also BC would be affected by that.

LegitHyperbole said:
curl-6 said:

While I agree about overreacting to small data samples, motion controls have evolved and remain a significant part of gaming; they're a core feature of the most successful system on the market and don't look to be going anywhere.

LegitHyperbole said:

Yes, it'll be 4 years which is why I made this thread. It's akin to releasing the original Black OPs on the wii, PS2 and Xbox which is unthinkable.... or hell, maybe even modern warfare 3. I think the dates match up.

The original Black Ops actually did release on the Wii, as did Modern Warfare 3.

No way. Was the Wii 7th or 8th gen?

Chronologically the Wii was a 7th gen console as it launched with and competed against PS3 and Xbox 360, but in terms of power and technology it was basically a Gamecube Pro.

It was however extremely popular, so while ports from PS3/360 to Wii were very challenging due to the power gap, Activision apparently thought the extra sales were worth the trouble, so in 2008 they put together a dedicated team within Treyarch that ported the PS3/360 COD titles to Wii.

That was actually how I experienced Modern Warfare 1 and 3, World at War, and Black Ops 1, because I preferred to play with pointer controls even if it meant worse graphics.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

They most likely won't  but motion controls were only core for the wii and kinect. no one is looking at the top selling games on switch and saying well those were sold cause of motion controls.