By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony State of Play on 30th May 2024 at 3pm PT

Would be nice if Sony bundles Astro Bot with the new PS5 Pro.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

What does the rumor says about the presentation, only that's happening in september?

That's likely when they'll announce the PS5 Pro.

Shinobi has been teasing that 2025 will be a huge year for Sony with multiple big hitters. I imagine they'll want to announce them either at a showcase in September or maybe a Showcase next May even. But a September showcase makes sense with PS5 Pro.

Ghost of Tsushima 2 is probably not too far off.  

the-pi-guy said:
BraLoD said:

What does the rumor says about the presentation, only that's happening in september?

That's likely when they'll announce the PS5 Pro.

Shinobi has been teasing that 2025 will be a huge year for Sony with multiple big hitters. I imagine they'll want to announce them either at a showcase in September or maybe a Showcase next May even. But a September showcase makes sense with PS5 Pro.

Ghost of Tsushima 2 is probably not too far off.  

At first I was just thinking of the 3 studios I mentioned but looking again and I noticed Bend, Media Molecule, and Sucker Punch haven't released any games this generation, Naughty Dog have just released remasters, and Bluepoint's last game was the Demon's Souls remake and helping out with God of War Ragnarok. So who knows which studios we'll hear from if the September Showcase happens. 

LegitHyperbole said:

It's a pity they didn't at least try to make Astro Bot tailored to VR again. I know it would be a massively hard task but it was sooooo good in VR. Actually can't imagine the game without VR, it'd loose all the aspects that made Astrobots rescue mission unique and fresh fun.

It's not hat hard at all to make it a hybrid game. Ven VR Adventure simply uses a floating camera, let's you decide whether you want it to stay on rails or follow behind you. Plus GT7 also simply uses the DualSense in VR, no need to use the VR2 controllers.

It's also a new game, shouldn't have any legacy code or incompatible stuff for stereoscopic 3D.

It won't be quite like Astrobot Rescue mission that tracked the controller in VR to use for aiming and swinging the line Astrobot walks on. But at least you can experience the world in VR and freely look around. Plus platforming is a lot easier in 3D, much easier to judge distance and where you will land.

The trailer looks lovely but I don't know if I would even want to play it on TV. Same with horror and racing games nowadays. They have lost their appeal without VR. It's like going back to B&W silent movies :/

SvennoJ said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It's a pity they didn't at least try to make Astro Bot tailored to VR again. I know it would be a massively hard task but it was sooooo good in VR. Actually can't imagine the game without VR, it'd loose all the aspects that made Astrobots rescue mission unique and fresh fun.

It's not hat hard at all to make it a hybrid game. Ven VR Adventure simply uses a floating camera, let's you decide whether you want it to stay on rails or follow behind you. Plus GT7 also simply uses the DualSense in VR, no need to use the VR2 controllers.

It's also a new game, shouldn't have any legacy code or incompatible stuff for stereoscopic 3D.

It won't be quite like Astrobot Rescue mission that tracked the controller in VR to use for aiming and swinging the line Astrobot walks on. But at least you can experience the world in VR and freely look around. Plus platforming is a lot easier in 3D, much easier to judge distance and where you will land.

The trailer looks lovely but I don't know if I would even want to play it on TV. Same with horror and racing games nowadays. They have lost their appeal without VR. It's like going back to B&W silent movies :/

Horror is definetly dead outside of VR, unless it's a stressful resource type deal like Resident Evil but you get used to racing games fairly easily again and they have benifets like being able to slump back in the couch and turn your mind off and just race. I was one who said I'd never play one again after VR but I did and I prefer flat screen overall but if I was feeling it and had the money I'd definetly don the headset for GT71. Sadly Astro Bot falls into the horror category but alas, people won't know what they are missing whom go into this as the first Astrobot. 

Around the Network
axumblade said:

At first I was just thinking of the 3 studios I mentioned but looking again and I noticed Bend, Media Molecule, and Sucker Punch haven't released any games this generation, Naughty Dog have just released remasters, and Bluepoint's last game was the Demon's Souls remake and helping out with God of War Ragnarok. So who knows which studios we'll hear from if the September Showcase happens. 

It's hard to know where a lot of these studios are at.

Naughty Dog could very well be ready to show something for 2025, but they also spent a lot of time working on TLOU Online being cancelled.

Similar with Media Molecule. They spent a lot of time supporting Dreams until like last year. 

Bend and Bluepoint may be spending a lot of time supporting other studios after their last project.

It's possible they all have projects that aren't too far out, it's also possible they wasted too much time on their last project.  

The only thing I'm really sure about is that 2025 should be a big year, as I trust Shinobi, but I have no idea what to expect in terms of who's releasing. 

Sucker Punch releasing Ghost of Tsushima 2 seems incredibly likely. 

LegitHyperbole said:

Horror is definetly dead outside of VR, unless it's a stressful resource type deal like Resident Evil but you get used to racing games fairly easily again and they have benifets like being able to slump back in the couch and turn your mind off and just race. I was one who said I'd never play one again after VR but I did and I prefer flat screen overall but if I was feeling it and had the money I'd definetly don the headset for GT71. Sadly Astro Bot falls into the horror category but alas, people won't know what they are missing whom go into this as the first Astrobot. 

I couldn't get into Dirt Rally 2 anymore after playing the first one in VR. Just didn't feel fun anymore. Same with GT7. I play them with a controller so I slump back on the couch regardless :) A wheel is way more hassle than a VR headset nowadays!

I guess I shot myself in the foot so to speak. Jumped into VR, now not really enjoying flat games anymore while VR games are going backwards. There's still some good stuff on the horizon, Metro Awakening, Alien Rogue Incursion and Aces of Thunder. I hope they deliver.

the-pi-guy said:
axumblade said:

It's hard to know where a lot of these studios are at.

Naughty Dog could very well be ready to show something for 2025, but they also spent a lot of time working on TLOU Online being cancelled.

Similar with Media Molecule. They spent a lot of time supporting Dreams until like last year. 

Bend and Bluepoint may be spending a lot of time supporting other studios after their last project.

It's possible they all have projects that aren't too far out, it's also possible they wasted too much time on their last project.  

The only thing I'm really sure about is that 2025 should be a big year, as I trust Shinobi, but I have no idea what to expect in terms of who's releasing. 

Sucker Punch releasing Ghost of Tsushima 2 seems incredibly likely. 

If we manage to get Ghost of Tsushima 2 and the Wolverine in 2025, it will be a good year. 

V-r0cK said:

Would be nice if Sony bundles Astro Bot with the new PS5 Pro.

They'd probably bundle it with the Standard PS5 and have Special edition Astro bot themed Console (PS5 Pro) and controller similar to what they did with Spider man. 

The new Silent HIll annoucnemnt has me very excited and the astro game looks very good. I am really excited for the nostalgia tidbits that will be in this new astro game.

BiON!@