By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 19, 2024 (May 06 - May 12)

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Nice to see Stellar Blade holding well.
Wonder if there was a deal on Xbox to explain its increase; weird to see it doing well in Japan of all places when it's in meltdown everywhere else.

Moreso relatively "well" for what it is, but I was under the impression it could be because of the Series S price but no, the majority sold are Series X, so I wonder if it's another importation thing or maybe the price of Gamepass are attractive to some there.

A quick google search had the Series X at 59K Yen and the Ps5 at 66K Yen. Not sure if those prices are stable, but if so The Xbox is a game cheaper then PS5. This could help.

Around the Network

Top 30 software now posted.

Also, in regard to the XBox sales bump, a Japanese retailer did have Series X discounts last week. And this week, there's a limited edition Minecraft-themed Series X that has evidently been selling well, so XBS sales should be up again next week too.

Last edited by kenjab - on 17 May 2024

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

pavel1995 said:
Norion said:

A remake of a 2004 Gamecube game seems too niche to cause any real hardware bump but we'll see. Hopefully it sells well enough to influence the series to go back to the original style at least somewhat.

Considering mario rpg is a snes rpg that sold 3.5 m thousand year door could sell well enough for a bump

I suppose it could get old school Paper Mario fans who don't have a Switch yet to buy one though that is probably a small group.

Does Xbox sell physical games in Japan?
I see it would only need 1400 copies of a game to make the top 30. You'd expect with 500K+ Xboxes this should be achievable.

Tober said:

I see it would only need 1400 copies of a game to make the top 30. You'd expect with 500K+ Xboxes this should be achievable.

PS5 barely has any entries with 5.5m consoles sold so I doubt any Xbox game has a chance.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Tober said:

To note how bad that situation is, I don't remember if Stanfield managed to even rank low on it's week if release there ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Tober said:

500K+ Xboxes but only 274,587 are Series X. The rest are Series S so no physical games for those. 

Do they even sell physical games in Japan? Different markets and all but Microsoft doesn't sell physical games where I live anymore (Brazil). Maybe that's also the case here?

Nearly 70% of Switch sales are the OLED model; at this point I wonder what proportion of Switch sales are new customers and how many are people upgrading from the base and Lite models.

curl-6 said:

Nearly 70% of Switch sales are the OLED model; at this point I wonder what proportion of Switch sales are new customers and how many are people upgrading from the base and Lite models.

Personally, I'm one of the OG's who took the base model in it's first year and at this point is just waiting for the next system since I've stopped playing on handheld mode a while back.

Though our culture of live is quite different from Japan, where I expect most buyers there to be on the move a lot, so the experience from an upgraded screen makes sense if you're either new or already adopted the ecosystem before.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909