By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 19, 2024 (May 06 - May 12)

Around the Network
Norion said:

From this point the Switch and PS5 should be down massively most weeks for the rest of the year. Xbox Series is probably gonna be all over the place though. Also only a few more weeks till the 33m barrier is breached.

I expect a bump when 1000 year door releases 

Stellar Blade is still holding strong at the top spot.  This seems like new behavior for a PS5 game.  I remember many previous PS5 titles debuting high and then falling off the charts fast.

Switch hardware sales actually look reasonable to me now.  I mean, they are still crazy high for any system in it's eighth year.  But this looks more reasonable when compared to Switch's previous years.  Those 60k+ weeks we had earlier this year just seemed way too high even compared to Switch's previous years.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 16 May 2024

pavel1995 said:
Norion said:

From this point the Switch and PS5 should be down massively most weeks for the rest of the year. Xbox Series is probably gonna be all over the place though. Also only a few more weeks till the 33m barrier is breached.

A remake of a 2004 Gamecube game seems too niche to cause any real hardware bump but we'll see. Hopefully it sells well enough to influence the series to go back to the original style at least somewhat.

Nice to see Stellar Blade holding well.
Wonder if there was a deal on Xbox to explain its increase; weird to see it doing well in Japan of all places when it's in meltdown everywhere else.

Around the Network

i want to buy that Stellar blade game

curl-6 said:

Wonder if there was a deal on Xbox to explain its increase; weird to see it doing well in Japan of all places when it's in meltdown everywhere else.

Moreso relatively "well" for what it is, but I was under the impression it could be because of the Series S price but no, the majority sold are Series X, so I wonder if it's another importation thing or maybe the price of Gamepass are attractive to some there.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Moreso relatively "well" for what it is, but I was under the impression it could be because of the Series S price but no, the majority sold are Series X, so I wonder if it's another importation thing or maybe the price of Gamepass are attractive to some there.

Yeah, "well" by the standards of an Xbox system in Japan is what I meant; these would be ghastly numbers for a Playstation or Nintendo console, but it's like a 1/20th of Xbox One Japanese lifetime sales in one week. 

PS5 seems to have settled to a 20k baseline; with the price hikes making exports less attractive, Japan just doesn't have much love for the brand these days.

Norion said:
pavel1995 said:

A remake of a 2004 Gamecube game seems too niche to cause any real hardware bump but we'll see. Hopefully it sells well enough to influence the series to go back to the original style at least somewhat.

Considering mario rpg is a snes rpg that sold 3.5 m thousand year door could sell well enough for a bump

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Japanese gamers like physical media itmakes sense that the all digital series s would be less appealing to them