By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft has closed down multiple Bethesda studios, including: Tango, Arkane Austin, etc

Tagged games:

Arkane, Deathloop? Flicking loved that game.

Around the Network

xbox is incompetent in the gaming business. The second richest company in the world has not managed to produce any game worthy of a goty in the last 10 years. Microsoft was supposed to compete on equal terms with the PS4

Chrkeller said:

Deathloop was made by Arkane Lyon

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Chrkeller said:

Deathloop was developed Arkane Lyon and not Arkane Austin. Arkane Austin developed Prey and Redfall.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

MS deserve their struggles in Japan if they are willing to close their lone Japanese studio.

I plan on buying Hi-Fi Rush on PS5. Shame it won't help Tango.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

MS deserve their struggles in Japan if they are willing to close their lone Japanese studio.

Hi-Fi Rush is a fantastic game. Tango shutting down makes no sense to me. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Kyuu said:

Once MS bought ABK, the likelihood of their smaller IP's and studios disappearing and shutting down got a lot higher. It's like when Sony started making multiple 20 million sellers and sort of stopped giving a shit about sub 10 million sellers, never mind sub 5 million sellers.

The context is cut-throat. Looking at the leaks of financial assessment with Spider man 2 last year you can see why that is. The title was anticipated only to start generating profits after the 10m marks. 

This is due to 2 main reasons:

1) The market has barely expanded in the last 15 years.

2) The budget of making video game more than doubled in the same time fame.

This directly cut into ROI and especially since profits from those sales are also used to support the subsidised model of console Hardware. The breathing room have grown extremely thin and created a cut-throat environment.

Covid made everyone think the above number 1 issue would be solve by driving growth in the industry and this thought have driven many investment in 2020 to early 2023. But it did not last, not only resulting in entity scrambling to secure there previous investment but also forcing them to acknowledge the current reality of the market.

The industry is adjusting itself to this reality and it's not pretty think to look at.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 07 May 2024

Signalstar said:

I finished Hi-Fi Rush via Gamepass and I plan to buy on Steam too, so I really recommend to you.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
EpicRandy said:
Kyuu said:

Once MS bought ABK, the likelihood of their smaller IP's and studios disappearing and shutting down got a lot higher. It's like when Sony started making multiple 20 million sellers and sort of stopped giving a shit about sub 10 million sellers, never mind sub 5 million sellers.

The context is cut-throat. Looking at the leaks of financial assessment with Spider man 2 last year you can see why that is. The title was anticipated only to start generating profits after the 10m marks. 

This is due to 2 main reasons:

1) The market has barely expanded in the last 15 years.

2) The budget of making video game more than doubled in the same time fame.

This directly cut into ROI and especially since profits from those sales are also used to support the subsidised model of console Hardware. The breathing room have grown extremely thin and created a cut-throat environment.

Covid made everyone think the above number 1 issue would be solve by driving growth in the industry and this have driven many investment, but it did not last not only resulting in entity scrambling to secure there previous investment but also forcing them to acknowledge the current reality of the market.

The industry is adjusting itself to this reality and it's not pretty.

Sadly I expect the layoffs to continue in the gaming industry through the rest of the year and likely into 2025. The industry needs the switch 2 ASAP. Its power should be around the PS4 or a little above it, which makes it easier to port AAA games to it. That gives another platform for those games to sell on.

Just looking at the way they've done with their acquisitions at this point, I am seriously thinking Pentinence and Hi-Fi Rush were strucking luck to be in any shape of existence in our hands, because Microsoft has now demonstrated clearly that they were just in the game to accomplish the same desirable growth than other western AAA publishers.

Never truly cared about their smaller titles, never will.
Here I thought buying Hi-Fi Rush on the Switch 2 would be quite a nice gesture to support their only Japanese studios future endeavors and now we are left with nothing ....

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909