By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF7 Rebirth has reportedly sold half what Remake did in the same timeframe

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

Well see I see no sign of it targetting switch 2 when the ps5 trailer can't even hold 30fps.

If they're running it at very high resolution like 4K, that wouldn't exactly be much of a shocker. It's also probably 1+ year out from release, it could easily be a case of the engine presently being unoptimized. We know it will be on XBox Series S already too so the engine can clearly scale. 

The best looking thing about this game is the animation of the animals, but that's a product of artists, not anything technical, most studios don't care how animal characters in their game move like beyond a certain point. 

It really depends of the skill of thr developer. Capcom open world games are not stunners be any circumstances on ps4 but they struggled to get 30fps this looks imo a generation ahead graphically from monster hunter world while having way more on screen with herds and a much more dynamic world.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

If they're running it at very high resolution like 4K, that wouldn't exactly be much of a shocker. It's also probably 1+ year out from release, it could easily be a case of the engine presently being unoptimized. We know it will be on XBox Series S already too so the engine can clearly scale. 

The best looking thing about this game is the animation of the animals, but that's a product of artists, not anything technical, most studios don't care how animal characters in their game move like beyond a certain point. 

It really depends of the skill of thr developer. Capcom open world games are not stunners be any circumstances on ps4 but they struggled to get 30fps this looks imo a generation ahead graphically from monster hunter world while having way more on screen with herds and a much more dynamic world.

I mean how do you even know what the frame rate here even is? Most game trailers are 30 fps even for 60 fps games and then you also have the whole "graphics mode is 4K/30 fps, performance mode is 1440p or less/60" which is common, well for the trailer they're more likely to use the graphics mode. 

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

I mean how do you even know what the frame rate here even is? Most game trailers are 30 fps even for 60 fps games and then you also have the whole "graphics mode is 4K/30 fps, performance mode is 1440p or less/60" which is common, well for the trailer they're more likely to use the graphics mode. 

If you have a eye for these things you can easily see it's dropping below 30fps sometimes in the trailer.

JWeinCom said:
APerfectCircle said:

I have the physical copy of ff7 remake part 1 I enjoyed it but way to much filler and honestly glad square fired western staff make final fantasy for japan and have it turned based no fluff and u will get what they want from fans I rather have a 100 percent faithful remake of ff9 my personal fav and lod remake then more ff7

Yeah. Playing through rebirth and the pacing is super off. I'm at least 10 hours into this, maybe closer to 15, and really there is very little that has happened that is essential to the plot. The story just wasn't really meant for this format. 

The pacing actually does seem to get a lot better after the first part. It felt like forever after the Nibelheim segment until I got to something interesting happening. But since Junon, its been much better. Hopefully that keeps up through the end of the game. 

This news makes me very happy. Though the big problem I have with the FF7 remakes is that you are playing more minigames in the game than actual gameplay.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

If you have a eye for these things you can easily see it's dropping below 30fps sometimes in the trailer.

If you have a mind for these things, you'd know that they'd show the game on the most powerful hardware it'll be available on to catch the most eyeballs. As said already, it's coming to Xbox One S, so if the Switch 2 ends up being in that ballpark, then it would be asinine for Capcom to leave out a demographic that will definitely be bigger than the Xbox demographic when they already did the work of porting down to Series S.

JWeinCom said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah. Playing through rebirth and the pacing is super off. I'm at least 10 hours into this, maybe closer to 15, and really there is very little that has happened that is essential to the plot. The story just wasn't really meant for this format. 

The pacing actually does seem to get a lot better after the first part. It felt like forever after the Nibelheim segment until I got to something interesting happening. But since Junon, its been much better. Hopefully that keeps up through the end of the game. 

Good to hear.  Pacing, or lack of, can ruin a game.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Thanks God it's not selling well.

In my opinion this second part is one of the most overrated games in recent years.

Loved the original game on PS1, liked the first one (REMAKE) for the most part, and tried to like REBIRTH as much as I could, but I'm giving up on this just after 40+ hours of playtime: for me it's a bloated mess full of nonsense.

The open world sections, which are the 70-80% of the game, are so repetitive that you can lose interest in exploring just after few hours (after Junon/Corel in my case). The story advances so slowly that at times you simply lose yourself in wondering what really is going on apart from following the men in black cloaks. Main characters are being ridiculed (Cloud fighting with an umbrella? Red XIII moon-walking? Seriously?) as often as they can, while the dark/oppressive atmosphere that enveloped the original (and REMAKE) is totally lost with all those cities, turned into tourist-like centers, full of cheerful peoples incessantly chatting at you at every step... not to mention that frustrating characters that are Chadley and MAI continuously interrupting the adventure for ridiculous matters. And then mini-games come in to give the final blow to the pace of the game, which was already low due to the aforementioned problems. And let's be clear, I liked the card game, one of the few appreciable mini games I've tried.

The best parts of this game are combat system and graphic which is beautiful, but why no one talks about how bad physics is in this game? It's shameful, almost as it was done in a predefined and limited "Game Maker".

Take this as a comment for posterity, and do yourself a favor, play the original or at least try it well before throwing your money into a work devoid of soul and respect for the fans who have long awaited it.

For me it's a 5/10, that's why sales aren't good.

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 19 July 2024

While I share some of your criticisms, I still feel the game is an 7 or 7.5/10. The game starts drag near the end. Typically I'm like trying to get all the side quests in an RPG done. I got them all done in Remake. In Rebirth, after I hit Chapter 12, I just wanted to get to the end of the game. So, I just focused on story quests and until the end. I took a couple of months away from the game in chapter 12 actually. Rebirth is a little to bloated for my taste. It's not Ubisoft bad but it was enough for me to take a break from the game.

Side note: Full disclosure, I don't like the original FFVII so my views may not coincide with thoses that do.

Just the thought that one day I have to return to Rebirth depresses me. Deep down inside I completed Rebirth because I am loyal to the brand, not because I found the game fun. Rebirth was just not fun for me. There were flashes of enjoyment I will say (The main shit), but the total package was a draining slog. The biggest reason is every part of the game is overcooked(overthought). I want Rethink to simplify, not expand.