By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF7 Rebirth has reportedly sold half what Remake did in the same timeframe

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

I'm not, you have the same agenda of trying to undercut the Switch 2 or any excitement about particularly anything on the technical side of it and clearly are gatekeeping hard. 

Any kind of information that might be remotely positive for Switch 2, the same two posters come in and try to downplay it immediately like a bat signal has gone off in the sky, and fine, if that's your whole schtick, that's you. 

But don't come crawling afterwards saying "can't we all just play games", like gimme a break, lol. If that's your persona as a poster then own it, don't flip flop when you realize you're not on the winning end of a debate. 

Stop lying.  In the S2 performance thread I said and I quote:

"I also think DLSS will work better for Nintendo games than third party, again given their cartoon art style.  I say that because of WWHD on CEMU.  Upscaling was amazing."

Stop lying.  I have made it clear numerous times I own all Nintendo hardware, they are my favorite developer and I wholly support any and all performances. 

I will ask you one last time to stop lying or this will be our last interaction.  You can disagree with me all day, but I will not have you intentionally lying about what I've posted.  

lol your agenda is pretty obvious, you just throw in "but I own Nintendo hardware!" as a cover for it. But whatever, you do you. It's just becoming some what silly at this point. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

"I also think DLSS will work better for Nintendo games than third party, again given their cartoon art style.  I say that because of WWHD on CEMU.  Upscaling was amazing."

Stop lying.  I have made it clear numerous times I own all Nintendo hardware, they are my favorite developer and I wholly support any and all performances. 

I will ask you one last time to stop lying or this will be our last interaction.  You can disagree with me all day, but I will not have you intentionally lying about what I've posted.  

lol your agenda is pretty obvious, you just throw in "but I own Nintendo hardware!" as a cover for it. But whatever, you do you. It's just becoming some what silly at this point. 

"Specs comparisons aside, at least the S2 will have a compelling lineup unlike the Xbox."

"Because Nintendo makes the best games in the world and regardless of specs, I grab Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games.  I have a good 30 games on my Switch.  Personally I would never miss out on zelda, Mario and metroid.  I love my PC for third party.  Different hardwares for different games."

Want more quotes?  You were lying and it is not appreciated.  Especially when you know you are lying.  

Stop. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

He has no agenda when he says his top 2 games of all time are BOTW and TOTK, he just likes to play games at the best  performance he can which is what i would call a person who really loves gaming and not a fanboy.

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

He has no agenda when he says his top 2 games of all time are BOTW and TOTK, he just likes to play games at the best  performance he can which is what i would call a person who really loves gaming.  

Exactly.  I can find hundreds of posts where I compliment Nintendo. 

And zelda really is the best franchise in gaming.  

Thank you, I do appreciate the support.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

He has no agenda when he says his top 2 games of all time are BOTW and TOTK, he just likes to play games at the best  performance he can which is what i would call a person who really loves gaming.  

That's nice but it has nothing to do with how you post in a very predictable manner in any topic that involves the Switch 2 or any news that could potentially be about it. Saying you like Zelda doesn't really change anything. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

That's nice but it has nothing to do with how you post in a very predictable manner in any topic that involves the Switch 2 or any news that could potentially be about it. Saying you like Zelda doesn't really change anything. 

Nah. The real problem is you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you.  I think the S2 will be a portable ps4 (ish), which is impressive and will make 1st party games look stellar.  The S2 will be day 1 for me.

So what is the real problem?  The fact I don't sing the praises as high as you do?  The inability for you to give respect to another person's opnion?  

The fact that you have resorted to lying is very sad.  I'll leave it at that.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

Nah. The real problem is you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you.  I think the S2 will be a portable ps4 (ish), which is impressive and will make 1st party games look stellar.  The S2 will be day 1 for me.

So what is the real problem?  The fact I don't sing the praises as high as you do?  The inability for you to give respect to another person's opnion?  

The problem is on a technical basis you often don't know what you're talking about, which is fine, and it's fine to have that opinion, it becomes a problem when you interject that into every Switch 2 discussion like it's a stone cold fact because you need to gatekeep technology.

A Tegra T239 is going to be architecturally superior to a PS4 in large respects for example, it's simply several GPU generations more advanced. It's a much more modern chip than a PS4 with a much better architecture. That's more rooted in actual reality and not just opinion ... for example. If Nintendo wanted just a "portable PS4" they could have gone with something quite a good deal lower than that. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

The problem is on a technical basis you often don't know what you're talking about, which is fine, and it's fine to have that opinion, it becomes a problem when you interject that into every Switch 2 discussion like it's a stone cold fact because you need to gatekeep technology.

A Tegra T239 is going to be architecturally superior to a PS4 in large respects for example. It's a much more modern chip than a PS4 with a much better architecture. That's more rooted in actual reality and not just opinion ... for example. If Nintendo wanted just a "portable PS4" they could have gone with something quite a good deal lower than that. 

More modern chip, yep.  Way slower memory bandwidth, yep.

I think it largely neutralizes as a ps4 like output. 

Which for a portable is excellent.

So get over yourself.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

A Tegra T239 is going to be architecturally superior to a PS4 in large respects for example. It's a much more modern chip than a PS4 with a much better architecture. That's more rooted in actual reality and not just opinion ... for example. If Nintendo wanted just a "portable PS4" they could have gone with something quite a good deal lower than that. 

So get over yourself.  

Again you say that stuff but you don't really know what you're talking about. Nvidia's tile based rendering doesn't require equivalent bandwidth to AMD especially AMD's now ancient GCN architecture. 

Or how do you think a 2050 GPU with less bandwidth than a Switch 2 is running modern games like Alan Wake 2 whereas a PS4 can't? 

When something like that gets pointed out, you just cover your ears and continue with the agenda. So see, the whole "now lets all be friends and play games" act doesn't hold, you can see the mask slipping right here. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

So get over yourself.  

Again you say that stuff but you don't really know what you're talking about. Nvidia's tile based rendering doesn't require equivalent bandwidth to AMD especially AMD's now ancient GCN architecture. 

Or how do you think a 2050 GPU with less bandwidth than a Switch 2 is running modern games like Alan Wake 2 whereas a PS4 can't? 

When something like that gets pointed out, you just cover your ears and continue with the agenda. So see, the whole "now lets all be friends and play games" act doesn't hold, you can see the mask slipping right here. 

Not even a little bit.  I've gamed on a 3050, 4070 and 4090.  I'm well aware of what to expect from a 50 series GPU.  Halo Infinite on a 3050 is low resolution, low fps and meh settings.  Playable?  Absolutely.  A 3050 isn't what you make it out to be.  

Currently in my house I have three computers (3050, 4070 and 4090), 3 switch units and a ps5.  Everything I post about performance is directly from hands on experience.  Not parroting some odd magical wishlist.  

And yeah, I think console wars are stupid.  Everything has pros and cons, including Nintendo.  But you refuse to accept Nintendo is anything other than perfect.  Which makes one of us a gamer and the other, not so much.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 23 May 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED