By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So how about that STELLAR BLADE demo? Any thoughts?

Now that I'm done with Rebirth for now; I figured it's time to start looking at my next game. I downloaded Stellar Blade Demo and immediately feel in love with game.

* Game looks great, but there are some cheap looking things like the opening cutscene when the ships were space; That didn't feel like ships flying in space but just motion tweened. It didn't look believable.

* Music is a whole ass vibe. That song that plays during the abandoned city is so moody and beautiful.

*Combat is based around precision blocking and dodging, but at first I didn't see the benefit, because if you perfect parry it does not end the enemies combo. Perfect dodging doesn't give you any leverage. Normally speaking in these types of games when you parry an attack it ends whatever combo they may have had in store and puts them in a defenseless state for you to lay the smack down. Here enemies have a Balance gauge that drains every time you parry or perfect dodge an attack. The more of their attacks you parry/dodge in a row the faster it drains. When it gets low that is when they start being left in defenseless state and fully drained allows for a retribution kill. You are not just asked to perfectly parry/dodge enemy attacks you are asked to do it multiple times.

* I think the game is suppose to be emulating a Souls game sort of? Exploration around the city certainly felt like a Souls game but with more anime options. Dead bodies that have items or keys. Instead of bon fires there are supply camps that let you do all the things you would do in a Souls game. Resting a supply camp even revives enemies. 

* The only negative I have is that cutscenes cannot be skipped. I hope this is just a demo thing. 

I am really looking Stellar Blade as my next game, assuming it is not openworld. I don't mind Dark Souls or even Final Fantasy 16 but I cannot handle any open world games atm.

Around the Network

No one played the demo?

After Rise of the Ronin I was considering it, for something different. I don't really play demos because I am constantly playing released games.

not available in my country

Great graphics and the gameplay has made me preoder the game already.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Gameplay graphics and presentation is absolutely stellar!

This is what u pay ur moneys worth!
Not a 50 bucks overhyped 8 hour game lol

I know the game is Korean made, but the absence of a Japanese voice option makes me reluctant to buy the game, especially at full price.

I liked it, but I'm not paying $70.
I'm playing too many other games right now and can't justify the price tag.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Played amazing. Not Souls at all thankfully. Combat is more deliberate than I anticipated but still stylish action enough. Nice visuals and great music.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The passion the devs have for their game is just amazing