By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Fallout: Season 1

Finished it last night. Started strong, slowed down a bit in the middle, then ramped things right back up again to finish strong. Great stuff. Happy for Walton Goggins; it's easily his best role since Justified. Don't think I'd put it right at the top, but it's definitely among the best game adaptations out right now. If more adaptations can maintain this level of quality I'll be a happy camper. Definitely motivated me to stop procrastinating and play the damn games, already. Can't wait for season 2!

Spoiler!
New Vegas, baby!

Around the Network

I hope we see more of Thaddeus in Season 2, I want to see him getting into increasingly dangerous situations but coming through them all somehow, he is hilarious and despite starting off as looking like he'd be the typical dickhead character, he showed quite a bit of humanity throughout the season, he is a victim of a fucked up society but managed to retain some humanity.

Also, I need to see more of Dr ChickenFucker, I want him to just show up, no explanation

More Matt Berry as Mister Handy, I could listen to him speak all day, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 April 2024

HoloDust said:

Well, after watching all episodes, I still stand by what I said already - this is Bethesda's (mis)interpretation of Fallout, not original vision of it.

It's not, per se, a bad show actually (especially if you're coming straight from something like that dreck that is "3 Body Problem"), but it's not that great either.

Sad but true.

I read the first book (after watching the chinese adaption tv series).... and was super hyped for the netflix version (a high budget american take)...
Nope... Go watch the chinese version lol (or read the books).

I rather found myself enjoying Fallout, and I agree, a much better show than "3 body problem" from netflix.
How netflix can screw up so badly is beyound me.

8.5 / 10

Ryuu96 said:

Lucy's brother is great, I was ready for him to become the annoying character but I really like him. It's hilarious when he stands next to Lucy's cousin too, that height difference is crazy.

I also really love Thaddeus, Lol.

He truly is the epitome of this perk, so short and thin compared to the rest of them. He was also quite sneaky and clearly put most of his skill points into computers xD

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lucy's brother is great, I was ready for him to become the annoying character but I really like him. It's hilarious when he stands next to Lucy's cousin too, that height difference is crazy.

He truly is the epitome of this perk, so short and thin compared to the rest of them. He was also quite sneaky and clearly put most of his skill points into computers xD

He's a true short king!

Also, I hope the shopkeeper returns for Season 2.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I love this :) and totally agree.
His character grew on me as well, I kinda disliked him at first but... yeah.

JRPGfan said:
HoloDust said:

Well, after watching all episodes, I still stand by what I said already - this is Bethesda's (mis)interpretation of Fallout, not original vision of it.

It's not, per se, a bad show actually (especially if you're coming straight from something like that dreck that is "3 Body Problem"), but it's not that great either.

Sad but true.

I read the first book (after watching the chinese adaption tv series).... and was super hyped for the netflix version (a high budget american take)...
Nope... Go watch the chinese version lol (or read the books).

I rather found myself enjoying Fallout, and I agree, a much better show than "3 body problem" from netflix.
How netflix can screw up so badly is beyound me.

Honestly, while knowing that "Dumb & Dumber" were tasked to make the show, I was under impression that they will stick to the books - after all, when they're working close to source material, they can make for quite good TV (as Game of Thrones early seasons have shown), but when they go on with their own ideas, it's usually a mess (as Game of Thrones later seasons proved).

Now I understand why they had to do what they did - Liu Cixin style of writing is more akin to Asimov, and that is not what modern mass market TV audience connects with (look what Apple did with Foundation, which is one of THE sci-fi classic), but I never suspected that it would be as bad as it turned out to be.

As for Fallout, I even recommended it just few days ago over a dinner to few folks who asked me about it - they have no clue what Fallout is, so they would be coming in with no baggage, and will probably enjoy it, since there is plenty of good stuff in it.

But for me, who despises what Bethesda did to Fallout, Amazon's show is just an over-saturated reminder of that.

I have to say two things about the show.

Spoiler!
- I love what happened to the New California Republic.
-I hate that Vault Tech launched the first nukes.
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 April 2024

BiON!@