By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Free PC games

Tagged games:

JackHandy said:

Over the years, I've nabbed one high-profile free game on Steam after another. I now have a really nice catalogue of "real" free games on there. Don't know if Steam is that generous anymore (I rarely log in these days, mostly because I don't have a PC to handle it), but if you have an account, I'd just check in every so often and strike when one of them pops up.

Yeah, Steam, GOG and Epic all have some promotions where they give out games for free for a short time, as do the publishers in their own stores sometimes. I intend to add those to the first post later down the road (not much happening there right now anyway on that front) So they're visible as soon as one opens the thread. I will also make a new post every time this happens so people can see it, too.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 10 April 2024

Around the Network

StarCraft and StarCraft 2 are free.
In StarCraft 1's case, that excludes the remastered release.

Epic Game store frequently has free games.

EA Origin, Ubisoft uDontPlay and GOG also had free games on occasion.

For years Steam had given Half Life 2 free to AMD/ATI users... Sadly they killed the link a couple years ago.

Keep an eye on the PC thread as the guys in that thread do an amazing job of letting everyone know about free stuff.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

For years Steam had given Half Life 2 free to AMD/ATI users... Sadly they killed the link a couple years ago.

Keep an eye on the PC thread as the guys in that thread do an amazing job of letting everyone know about free stuff.

Yep, already saw that StarCraft is free - the problem now is to find where to download it.

As for StarCraft 2, Only the first part (Wings of Liberty) is free, meaning the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are still for sale. But since they all released as full price titles, I'll add it anyway.

And yes, I keep an eye out for such free games on those storefronts. Though I don't use EA Origin, it's normally either in the news or @JEMC mentions them in the main PC thread, so I'll add them from there.

Epic has Ghostrunner to grab for free until April 18, so hurry up while you still can!

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 11 April 2024

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Pemalite said:

Yep, already saw that StarCraft is free - the problem now is to find where to download it.

As for StarCraft 2, Only the first part (Wings of Liberty) is free, meaning the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are still for sale. But since they all released as full price titles, I'll add it anyway.

And yes, I keep an eye out for such free games on those storefronts. Though I don't use EA Origin, it's normally either in the news or @JEMC mentions them in the main PC thread, so I'll add them from there.

StarCraft 1 is here. StarCraft 2 is essentially a F2P title with microtransactions at this point, but you can basicly get everything WoL contained for free I suppose.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

StarCraft 1 is here. StarCraft 2 is essentially a F2P title with microtransactions at this point, but you can basicly get everything WoL contained for free I suppose.

Thx for the link, I'll add it to the list later tonight

I have fond memories of Battle for Wesnoth from many, many years ago now, and it seems the game is still being actively developed. Along the years, it has also come to Steam as well.

Zkuq said:

I have fond memories of Battle for Wesnoth from many, many years ago now, and it seems the game is still being actively developed. Along the years, it has also come to Steam as well.

Yep, it's on the way to the list. Haven't played Wesnoth in about 15 years now, but I really liked it back then.

We're now at almost 60 free games already linked here. it's quite a variety, though interestingly First-person shooters and Adventure games are the most common types of games so far; closely followed by RPGs.

Ahrimans Prophecy for a second I assumed this was a 40k game, but GW doesnt do free

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.