By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Free PC games

Tagged games:

Cool idea for a thread!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I have only played three games from the list. Starcraft, Transport Tycoon and Tyrian. But each of those games are my favorite in their respective genres. Maybe the best things in life are free after all.

Pajderman said:

I have only played three games from the list. Starcraft, Transport Tycoon and Tyrian. But each of those games are my favorite in their respective genres. Maybe the best things in life are free after all.

There are some truly great free games in pretty much every genre except sports (due to licenses and the fact that there ain't much own ideas that can be brought in, those tend to not have any free or open-source games).

There are a couple more I will add over the course of the week, like Command & Conquer, for instance. It just takes a while because there are so many of them that I rather go through them now in an alphabetic order to not lose oversight.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 16 April 2024

Almost through 0-A, gonna start next time with the letter B.

By now, there are also 4 games that are supposedly free but where I can't find such a file:

• The Adventures of Fatman (only version I found is actually commercial)
  • America's Army (US Army ended the program and shut down the servers in 2022)
  • Argentum Online (In Spanish and only free as long you're only creating one character, also now with Microtransactions and even NFT)
  • Robbo (The Adventures of) (Polish, could only find the updated re-release Robbo Millenium, which is still commercial)

Edit: I also added the Archive.org Dos Game list (which are all playable in browser, but only very few can be downloaded), and updated the free games from the Epic store in the first post.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 18 April 2024

There are over 70 games now on the list, and some changed quite a bit since their original release: Halloween Harry got renamed Alien Carnage, and Anacreon, which is the prototype of all 4X titles, has now been re-released as... a browser-based MMO RTS??? Now that's not something one would expect to find at first when researching free games!

Around the Network

The game list is growing quickly, with now over 80 free titles on the list. Next week, I'll start with the games starting with C-D, as 0-B is practically done now