By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS2 sold 160 Million- Jim rayn (SIE President and CEO)

Jim Rayn (President and CEO of Sony interactive entertainment) on official PlayStation Podcast - "160 million, which is the number of PS2's that we've sold. A High water mark."

Timestamp- 14:50

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/03/29/official-playstation-podcast-episode-481-heres-to-you-jim/

Around the Network

Cool story.

It’s very possible that it did between 160-162m.

Final number without confirmation will very almost impossible to know.

We still seeing the usual “it sold because it was the cheapest DVD available” or the “it sold that well due to piracy” statements.

All in all, huge success for Sony with its 1.5+ Billion games sold.

From Aquamarine

Well it will only be the best selling console for a few years more, since Switch will most likely beat it

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

It's wild Switch still has no price cut 7 years later

I think vgchartz knows PS2's numbers better than Sony themself

Yesterday 158
Today 160
Tomorrow 162

*panics*

我是广州人

Evilms said:

From Aquamarine

Her post doesn't bring anything of substance to the table and she even says as much herself. Every sentence in her first paragraph contains either "I could very well be wrong" or an "I think." It's guessing based on hearsay.

Jim rayn isn't a credible source either, because otherwise people would care to spell his name correctly.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Well deserved - one of the best game consoles of all time.