By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul, July 20th, Live on Netflix.

The vast majority of people want and expect Tyson to destroy Jake Paul - even though Mike Tyson will be 58, and Jake Paul will be 27. But it seems most aren't aware Jake Paul has a 9-1 record (a single split decision loss, against 6 of his wins by KO). He has wins over Ben Askrin, Nate Diaz, and Anderson Silva. What we do know is that Jake Paul can go the distance, but Mike Tyson gassed after the second round, and that was twenty years ago. Both can take and deliver a beating. Both are famous. Both have sexual assault allegations. Both have the power to KO an opponent in one punch.

It just might be the most watched fight in decades - unfortunately, every time I look at numbers I'm always met with PPV buy rates, which are usually quite low - the highest one was only 4.6 million, a far cry from the estimated 300 million to 1 billion viewers that fights like Ali vs Frazier attracted. Needless to say, it'll probably be the most watched fight in decades. The most watched fight since 2000 was the "freak show" fight Bob Sapp vs. Akebono at K-1 Premium Dynamite in 2003 at 54 million (back when both Akebono and Sapp were colossal celebrities in Japan, both figuratively and literally), I think Tyson vs. Jake Paul can beat this one.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

If he even puts up a fight against Tyson, Ill be impressed.

Depends on if the rules are slanted to give Paul a chance. And just how much father time has impacted Tyson.

Paul has a 9-1 record in boxing but he hasn't been fighting boxers. MMA fighters may use some boxing but it's not the same thing. I think he fought a couple of mediocre older boxers. And he went the distance against Tommy Fury, but was clearly not in his league.

If you look at Tyson's exhibition against Jones, he is still shockingly fast, and accurate. Look at him in that fight and Paul in his fight with Tommy Fury, and it's no contest. Tyson was fast and aggressive for 8 rounds. Paul's head is locked in position, and when he punches he's throwing his whole body into it. Tyson is too skilled for that to be a winning strategy. Don't think Paul can win even against 2020 Mike Tyson.

But, as a great man once said, the years start coming and they don't stop coming. In your 50s 4 years is gonna make a huge difference. So, maybe Paul has a chance, especially if the rules are adjusted to balance the fight.

This guy is a loser.

Not really sure if a 58 years old still has a chance. I mean, it's Mike Tyson but he will have big condition issues and his reactions will be also much worse. Maybe I'm wrong but I really think a 58 years old will have big problems against some young guy even if that isn't a champ like he was.

Around the Network

Can they both lose?

Tyson must be getting a huge bag, cause why is this even a thing?

It depends on how many rounds they go for. The more rounds the more odds will turn against Tyson. Age doesn't stop.

I don't usually watch these "celebrity" fights but I'll be locked in for this one lol.

Wait Jake Paul is still doing this boxing thing?

BiON!@