By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection has a disastrous online launch

An update on the STAR WARS: Battlefront Classic Collection – Aspyr Support

"We’d like to thank the Battlefront community for their overwhelming support and feedback for the STAR WARS™  Battlefront Classic Collection release. 

At launch, we experienced critical errors with our network infrastructure.  The result was incredibly high ping, matchmaking errors, crashes, and servers not appearing in the browser. 

Since launch, we’ve been working to address these issues and increase network stability, and we will continue our efforts until our network infrastructure is stabilized to prevent further outages.

Please continue to report bugs, errors, or unexpected behaviors to our support team via our Request Form

The Aspyr Team"

The game is getting annihilated with Steam user reviews, and the online for Battlefront II in particular is reported as a disaster.

Between this and the cancelled KOTOR 2 Restored Content on Switch last year, Aspyr seems to be in a very bad place.

I've played over an hour of Battlefront II offline on PS5 with no issues. 

If you care about online, I would save your money for the indefinite future. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Aspyr could've had the easiest W after being pulled from the KOTOR Remake. And I was optimistic after the Tomb Raider trilogy remaster, but, was not to be.

The list of issues I saw for this Collection was quite extensive, including several severe texture bugs, gungan models that can cause crashes, and matches ending too quickly due to faster ticket usage than the original game. They have more than just online issues to worry about. It's a real shame, I would have played the heck out of this if it worked, but by the time they get it working I suspect the multiplayer will be dead, and the people probably won't come back unless it goes on deep discount or sub services like Gamepass and PS+. Embracer needs to stop rushing out games, there is no way this game would have passed internal testing in it's current state.

Doesn't Aspyr have a history of doing this? (ei. often things launch broken, buggy ect)

ei. Dont pre-order games from them, wait until release if your intrested, and see reviews and player feedback first.

edit:

shikamaru317 said:

Embracer needs to stop rushing out games, there is no way this game would have passed internal testing in it's current state.

If they cared, they wouldn't keep doing the same thing over and over.
You shouldn't get your hopes up for some of these studios.

Welp, Embracer is short on mooooney, so the release of a good remaster like Tomb Raider Trilogy remaster and the original Battlefront Star Wars games seemed logic.

Clearly though, this was rushed like none other. Once again, I kinda empathize with the devs at Aspyr who probably did not have much QA test before they launched it like that because it is otherwise inexcusable

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

The joke is that... They thought it was a "good idea" to have three 64-player multiplayer servers available when nearly 10,000 people wanted to play.

It's frustrating, because I actually enjoy buying "collections" as it's a cost-effective way to run through a series of great games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

There being a bug that locks the multiplayer to 30fps at random is hilarious. I've certainly never seen that before.

I'ev wanted to give Asphyr the benefit of the doubt before, but at this point it's just clear that they're a pretty poor dev unit, or have a lead department that isn't doing enough to push for the team to have the time/ resources they need.

I can't believe they managed to screw up a port... not even remaster of 20 year old games.

From what I hear it's not only the multiplayer that is ruined. There are cutscenes missing from the single-player campaign, Audio bugs, inverted flight controls for keyboard and mouse users, etc.

Like come on. Did they even bother play testing this?

How does this even happen with a remaster of all things?