By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 9, 2024 (Feb 26 - Mar 03)

Depressingly low sales for FF. Looks like a great game that deserves better sales

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

Depressingly low sales for FF. Looks like a great game that deserves better sales

Limited via exclusivity.  Terrible idea on Square's part.  

Square's new CEO seems pretty determined to breakdown exclusivity deals. Everything is releasing that was signed previously before his tenure. It'll be interesting to see what Square's future looks like over the next few years.

Chrkeller said:

Ps5 just isn't gaining traction. Too pricey? Too big?

Price is definitely not helping. It's almost twice as expensive as the Switch. PS5 games are also often more expensive than Switch games.

Chrkeller said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I don't think an Xbox and PC release would have helped a lot in Japan.

Around the Network
deerox said:
Chrkeller said:

Perhaps.  I don't know about PC in Japan.  But increasing sales in other places around the world helps offset low Japan sales.  Square lost a sale for me.  I would buy rebirth, and FF16, in PC.  But square won't let me.  

deerox said:
Chrkeller said:

Depends on how worldwide sales will look whenever Square announces them. If it turns out to be less than what FF16 sold, then yes an Xbox and especially a PC port would've helped. 

Japan, not so much. Makes me wonder if we'll start to see more mainline Square games releasing on Switch 2 so Square can get a much bigger foothold in Japan than they currently do. 

I still think Sony needs a ps5 series S. $250, 1080p 30 fps, form factor.

Chrkeller said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

PC and Xbox are not relevant in Japan enough to make up the lack of Playstation sales. Switch can't handle a game with FF rebirth graphics. There is nothing Square could do. FF is dead in Japan

Disastrous sales for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Square-Enix killed what was once one of the top franchises in Japan because of their love affair for Playstation, bravo.

When it released FF7 was one of the best selling games in Japanese game history and it widely considered one of the greatest Japanese games ever made. 

This is an embarrassment for a high budget remake.