By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Democrat & Republican Primaries/Caucasus

2024 Primaries! Super Tuesday is coming up and I think it'll be interesting to see how they stack up. I personally like to think of the Primaries as a mini election. And wanted to share with you all. I will update this ASAP.

How many delegates will President Joe Biden, President Donald Trump, and Former UN Ambassador/South Carolina Gov Nikki Haley receive?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network

I doubt this will be interesting. Biden has no real competition as the sitting president and Trump is so cool that there won't be a real race either.

Only the death/dementia of either old man can prevent a second round of Biden vs. Trump.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:

I doubt this will be interesting. Biden has no real competition as the sitting president and Trump is so cool that there won't be a real race either.

Only the death/dementia of either old man can prevent a second round of Biden vs. Trump.

I understand. I'm more doing this to see how the primaries compare to each other. Kinda like a pre-election.

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

This is the first election I get to vote in.

I hate it.

Would have been more interesting if the ratio would have been the one between Trump and Haley

Around the Network

Besides being a cool statistic, the ratios don’t really hold much significance imo. Republican primaries are obviously going to have higher voter turnout simply because Biden has no competition: Why would anyone be interested in going out to cast a ballot for the guy who literally doesn’t have competition? At that point, it’s entirely symbolic. With Haley v Trump, even if it is rather obvious who’s gonna win, the existence of a competitor in double digits does provide reason for somebody to go out and ensure their candidate either has a chance or sweeps the state.

badskywalker said:

I hate it.

same here. Can’t think of a single election that I’d been happy to vote in though…can’t say there’ve been any compelling candidates on either side in recent memory.

firebush03 said:
badskywalker said:

I hate it.

same here. Can’t think of a single election that I’d been happy to vote in though…can’t say there’ve been any compelling candidates on either side in recent memory.

There are usually more candidates than the ones of the two major parties. I know, I know, unlikely to win. But this mindset it is unlikely to win is actually what makes it more unlikely to win for other parties.

In the past the two parties of the two party system did switch sometimes. And looking outside of the US: a lot of countries have majority election systems and still more than two established parties: UK, France, Japan for example. The US needs to break out of the only two terrible candidate mindset.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wait I always heard about the primaries but never voted in them. Very good points that you guys made above.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Wait I always heard about the primaries but never voted in them. Very good points that you guys made above.

I'll give an example of California for the primaries.

In California, the primaries this year are for

• Determining who will be the Presidential Choice of the Political Party (As of how the votes are now it is Trump for the Republican Party, and Biden for the Democratic Party).
  • Determining who will be seated in the US Senate for the full term, since Dianne Feinstein died opening that seat for California (As of now the two who will compete are Adam Schiff from the Democratic Party, and Steve Garvey from the Republican Party)
  • Determining who will be seated in the US Senate until November this year (As of now the two who will compete are Adam Schiff and Steve Garvey)
  • Determine who will be in the US House of Representatives, California has 52 representatives (You can only vote for those that will represent your district)
  • Determine who will be seated in the California State Senate, there were 29 seats on the ballot (You can only vote for those that will represent your District)
  • Determine who will be seated in the California State Assembly, there were 122 seats on the ballot (You can only vote for those that will represent your District)
  • There was a Ballot Measure. There was over 10 pages describing what Prop 1 would do.
  • Determine who will be competing to be the new Los Angeles District Attorney 
  • Many smaller district measures, boards, leadership political positions as well.

All of these (expect Prop 1 Ballot Measure, US Senate, US House of Representatives, California State Senate, California State Assembly, and the smaller district measures, boards, other positions) will be on the November 2024 ballot for California.

If you are not happy with the state of your state and country please participate in the Primaries. The only way you can change things is by voting for someone else who isn't in control, or vote for the person that aligns with your beliefs. Always make sure you read the fine print.