By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 8, 2024 (Feb 19 - Feb 25)

KLXVER said:
deerox said:

What happened here? The previous Shin-chan game from this dev team sold 107k on it's first week.

Is it the same genre as the previous game?

Yes, it's in the same vein of " Japanese summer vacation" games. 

Though the game seemed to go more into the surnatural than it last did. Maybe it's not sitting well with some or simply put. The public who played the first game were already satisfied.

Kinda sad, because there's a chance we do not get a localization for this one of it does not perform enough.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

With an average of 12 sales a week, the 3DS will hit the big 25million lifetime in only 33,248 weeks more.

Come on little guy you can do it!

TruckOSaurus said:

PS5 early 2023 was incredibly strong which makes the comparison with 2024 a harsh one. 2023 will probably the peak year for PS5 in Japan.

Most likely, I think the best case scenario for Playstation is that the PS5 sits a 7 million lifetime at december 31st. FFVII Rebirth needs to boosts the weekly sales for that by quite a bit though. Especially since the holidays barely seem to have an impact on PS5 sales in Japan.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

King Switch at 50k !!!!!

TruckOSaurus said:

PS5 early 2023 was incredibly strong which makes the comparison with 2024 a harsh one. 2023 will probably the peak year for PS5 in Japan.

2023 will almost certainly constitute the peak year for the PS5 in all the big video game countries as well as on the global scale. Sony won't have another year where they can start with the advantage of having a lot pent-up demand to address, plus the current management seems to be strongly against losing a lot of money on hardware sales, so a significant permanent price cut is not going to come anytime soon.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
TruckOSaurus said:

2023 will almost certainly constitute the peak year for the PS5 in all the big video game countries as well as on the global scale. Sony won't have another year where they can start with the advantage of having a lot pent-up demand to address, plus the current management seems to be strongly against losing a lot of money on hardware sales, so a significant permanent price cut is not going to come anytime soon.

don't forget gta 6, ps5 can have a pretty high spike

jvmkdg said:

I don't think GTA 6 will have as big of an effect on sales of the PS5 as it did on the PS4. Especially since it's coming out so late in the consoles life.

Last edited by SAguy - on 29 February 2024

The world belongs to you-Pan America

SAguy said:
jvmkdg said:

I don't think GTA 6 will have as big of an effect on sales of the PS5 as it did on the PS4. Especially since it's coming out so late in the consoles life.

GTA6 spiking the PS4? Are you sure you don't mean GTA4 or 5 spiking the PS3?

Switch having another 50k week out of nowhere this late in another show of impressiveness.

jvmkdg said:
RolStoppable said:

GTA 6 will for sure help out next year though the fact that the PS5 will already have sold over 70m by the time it comes out combined with it not being an exclusive will weaken the impact. It'll have a really big boost the month it comes out but after that it'll probably quickly return to a normal level.

curl-6 said:
SAguy said:

GTA6 spiking the PS4? Are you sure you don't mean GTA4 or 5 spiking the PS3?

Wow your right it came out in 2013. It's always felt newer.

Edit: sorry I meant to type newer.

Last edited by SAguy - on 29 February 2024

The world belongs to you-Pan America