By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games would you like to see receive a remake/remaster?

Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights
Final Fantasy 6 (HD 2D)
DBZ Legacy of Goku 1 + 2
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Tactics (Remaster) and Final Fantasy IX (Remake)

Also Chrono Trigger (Remaster) and Terranigma (Remake)

G2ThaUNiT said:
Pemalite said:

1) Dune 2000.
2) Evolva.
3) Sacrifice.
4) Black and White 1 and 2.
5) Dark Reign.
6) Lufia 2.
7) Alpha Centauri.
8) Master of Orion 2.
9) Halo 3.
10) Super Metroid. (In my eyes, this is a perfect game, but I would not be against a visual overhaul like Links Awakening or Super Mario RPG.)

You potentially could have this dream come true tomorrow lol. We're about due for another Pokémon remake. 

Black and White is a singular title name for the much coveted PC title from Lionhead Studios which averaged a score of 9/10. - Better than the newer  Pokemon games. Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Qwark said:

Legend of Dragoon
Jak and Daxter
Rayman the great escape and Rayman 3
F-Zero GX (captain Falcon needs some love)
Legend of Zelda Oot, with an improved water temple

Emulation is always a touchy subject.  But Ocraina 3D upscaled with a few mods looks pretty damn good.  Just fyi, I'm not suggesting anything, just mentioning.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 27 February 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I think the best candidates for remakes are great games that did not get the deserved sells or recognition when released. However in order to be remembered and wanted the games people suggests probably was somewhat successful in the original release.

The Legend of Zelda Oracle of seasons/Ages - Was expecting them to get the same treatment as Links awakening and that doe not seem to happen sadly. I think they deserve more love than they get. They might lack the pure charm of Links awakening but the worlds , items and puzzles are on par and often better.  

Eternal Darkness - The controls and graphics have not aged well and many of the sanity effects the game is famous for does not work as well on modern TVs. The atmosphere and story holds up quite well I think. This is a game that was an unique experience playing, I wish for more people to be able to play it.

Fire Emblem Binding Blade - This and the sister game Blazing Blade is great. Getting this game with official translation is my main reason for wanting a remake. ... Nhaa.. I lied. I just want a remake of this to get a reason to play it again. 

Around the Network

Remake :
Metal Gear Solid 1
Rival Schools
Silent bomber
Devil dice
Kula world (roll away)
Chrono trigger
Vagrant story
Final fantasy 6, 8 and 9
Bloody roar
Bushido blade
Devil may cry 1 and 3 (2 need to fooking overhaul everything)

Ninja gaiden 1 to 3

Castlevania 1 and 2

God of war 1 and 2

Legend of Dragoon

Jak and Daxter

Dino crisis

Remaster :
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Onimusha 2 to 4

God hand

Last edited by halil23 - on 27 February 2024

Devil Dice.

FF 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9. But for the love of all that is, keep the gameplay. Could not fathom how they'd ruin FF9 by making it action based or how 8's magic system would be completely changed because waiting for a GF to occur isn't "thrilling" enough. spam X 20 times to do 200 damage in 15 seconds, to press X once to do 200 damage once every 15 seconds. Same result, one just looks flashier.

Valkryie Profile 2.

Star Gladitator and Rival Schools. But these would be more of a relaunch than anything.

Dragon Age Origins but this would literally be a remaster, I think if they changed too much of the world, it might lose it's charm.

Hmm, pie.

Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Alien Trilogy
King's Field : my favorites From Software games. A visual overhaul and improved controls.
A Remake of the snes Breath of fire games with Zelda link awakening remake graphics
Breath of fire Dragon Quarter remake, with voice acting and extra contento.

1. KotOR I and especially II, including all the lost content
  2. Black & White I and II
  3. While we're at God Games, Populous I and II
  4. Magic Carpet I and II
  5. Wizardry I-VIII. Especially the last 3, since you can transfer your party from VI to VII to VIII
  6. Master of Orion II (and please with bigger maps and trait rebalancing)
  7. Theme Park (and less buggy this time around)
  8. Battle Isle I-III
  9. Diablo I
  10. Deus Ex
  11. DEUS (The idea of this game is great, the execution is horrible)
  12. Unreal Tournament 2004
  13. Wing Commander I-IV
  14. Descent I and II
  15. SEGAGAGA (including a western release)

Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie
Space Station: Silicon Valley
Resident Evil 1... again (1st & 3rd Person & VR mode)
Resident Evil 2 & 3... again (well, not really a full remake. But 1st person & VR mode upgrades would be good)
Resident Evil Code Veronica, 5 & 6 (You guessed it, a 1st & 3rd person mode with VR mode)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask
Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2 (Should be the same game but a major graphics update like Metroid Prime remastered)
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3 (and 4 if needs be, as the graphics still look good now).
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, Returns (as long as it's the same game and they keep the gritty realism, atmosphere & music intact)
Donkey Kong 64 (with updated controls, as the feel is what it lacks compared to other Nintendo games)
Tales of Symphonia (a proper remake, not just the HD port we got)
Final Fantasy 8, 9, 10, 12 & Crystal Chronicles (possibly 11 too, but I've never played it)
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (I don't care about the outdated game/level design, a graphics remaster would be nostalgic enough for me).
Fallout 3 & New Vagas
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Metroid Prime 2 & 3 remastered (with the same care as Metroid Prime remastered)

I'm sure there are other games I haven't taken into consideration too.

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-mainstream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.