By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games would you like to see receive a remake/remaster?

Paperboy_J said:

Bubsy 3D and I'm not kidding. Remake games that actually need it. Go back, give it modern controls and make it good!

Does it need it? I mean Bubsy suck as a character, so just make a brand new great 3D platformer instead.

Around the Network

Persona 1 and the Persona 2 duology.

Bloodborne,

Dino Crisis, Diablo, MGS2/MGS3 are the ones that first come to mind.

But I also recently played RE: Code Veronica and geez, that game has some very rough edges and could genuinely use a remake. Not only in the gameplay department but the story specially had some very interesting ideas but very lousy execution in the original game.

G2ThaUNiT said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

The one I wanted most of all was Persona 3 so I got super lucky there. Don't know if there are any others I want nearly as badly, but there are still some that would be nice to see though

• Golden Sun 1 & 2 combined remake
  • Mother trilogy remakes
  • Metal Gear Solid 1-2 remake (want those a lot more than 3)
  • Metroid remakes by MercurySteam (though I would maybe rather they work on a new game)
  • Remasters of more Tales games
  • Full remakes of Stacraft 1 or Warcraft II with modernized gameplay (very unlikely but would be dope)

Dream come true right there! But seeing how Warcraft III: Reforged was handled, I'm not sure if I really want it lol. Tried playing it again recently, and it's still in such bad shape lol. The team has been focusing on just adding basis missing features like leaderboards and clans rather than fundamental fixes to the game. 

Yea Reforged is a piece of work, I still play it a lot though. I think the main issue was trying to integrate it with the original game which meant they had to build on top of 20 year old code written by people that were probably no longer at Blizzard, if they start from scratch they at least avoid that issue if nothing else.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

The biggest travesty in Xbox’ history, not giving Halo 3 the anniversary treatment so that’s my pick.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

UnderwaterFunktown said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Dream come true right there! But seeing how Warcraft III: Reforged was handled, I'm not sure if I really want it lol. Tried playing it again recently, and it's still in such bad shape lol. The team has been focusing on just adding basis missing features like leaderboards and clans rather than fundamental fixes to the game. 

Yea Reforged is a piece of work, I still play it a lot though. I think the main issue was trying to integrate it with the original game which meant they had to build on top of 20 year old code written by people that were probably no longer at Blizzard, if they start from scratch they at least avoid that issue if nothing else.

Lol, ngl me too. The story and gameplay is just soooooooo good! Honestly it's my favorite game ever, but I don't think 20 year old code was necessarily the biggest reason for the games issues. Because Diablo 2: Resurrected was built on top of the original games code, which is what allowed the seamless transition between modern graphics and the original graphics.

According to Jason Schreier, there were several major issues with WC3 Reforged. Namely

1) Budget cuts and internal arguments (Activision didn't have faith in the game being a billion dollar release)
2) There was an unclear vision about whether to make the game a remaster or a remake that snowballed till release.
3) Blizzard rushed the launch about 2 years too early due to the number of pre-orders

Obviously, all the leadership that was in charge of Blizzard when WC3: Reforged released, are long gone from the company. That does leave some ever so slight hope to me about the prospect of a StarCraft and Warcraft II Remake. Mostly Warcraft II considering StarCraft already has the remaster. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Lol, ngl me too. The story and gameplay is just soooooooo good! Honestly it's my favorite game ever, but I don't think 20 year old code was necessarily the biggest reason for the games issues. Because Diablo 2: Resurrected was built on top of the original games code, which is what allowed the seamless transition between modern graphics and the original graphics.

According to Jason Schreier, there were several major issues with WC3 Reforged. Namely

1) Budget cuts and internal arguments (Activision didn't have faith in the game being a billion dollar release)
2) There was an unclear vision about whether to make the game a remaster or a remake that snowballed till release.
3) Blizzard rushed the launch about 2 years too early due to the number of pre-orders

Obviously, all the leadership that was in charge of Blizzard when WC3: Reforged released, are long gone from the company. That does leave some ever so slight hope to me about the prospect of a StarCraft and Warcraft II Remake. Mostly Warcraft II considering StarCraft already has the remaster. 

Yea for sure even with the tricky integration they could still have made something good if they had been given enough time and budget, it was mainly poor leadership that screwed it up so bad and then they only sweeped away the worst wreckage and never fully commited to fixing it. But yea I do think it's unlikely we'll see a launch quite as bad for them again, it was the perfect storm of bad decisions.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

1) Dune 2000.
2) Evolva.
3) Sacrifice.
4) Black and White 1 and 2.
5) Dark Reign.
6) Lufia 2.
7) Alpha Centauri.
8) Master of Orion 2.
9) Halo 3.
10) Super Metroid. (In my eyes, this is a perfect game, but I would not be against a visual overhaul like Links Awakening or Super Mario RPG.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Space Station Silicon Valley
Future Cop LAPD