By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games would you like to see receive a remake/remaster?

Pemalite said:

1) Dune 2000.
2) Evolva.
3) Sacrifice.
4) Black and White 1 and 2.
5) Dark Reign.
6) Lufia 2.
7) Alpha Centauri.
8) Master of Orion 2.
9) Halo 3.
10) Super Metroid. (In my eyes, this is a perfect game, but I would not be against a visual overhaul like Links Awakening or Super Mario RPG.)

You potentially could have this dream come true tomorrow lol. We're about due for another Pokémon remake. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
Pemalite said:

1) Dune 2000.
2) Evolva.
3) Sacrifice.
4) Black and White 1 and 2.
5) Dark Reign.
6) Lufia 2.
7) Alpha Centauri.
8) Master of Orion 2.
9) Halo 3.
10) Super Metroid. (In my eyes, this is a perfect game, but I would not be against a visual overhaul like Links Awakening or Super Mario RPG.)

You potentially could have this dream come true tomorrow lol. We're about due for another Pokémon remake. 

I think he means the PC games.

KLXVER said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I think he means the PC games.

Aw damn you're probably right

I should've figured that considering there wasn't "Pokémon" listed lol. I just saw Black & White 1 and 2 and automatically assumed Pokémon. 

Me persoanlly? None. I don't care for remasters and remakes. If I want to play a retro game, I want to play it as it was first released and on the equipment/consoles is was meant to run on. I want the original experience, warts and all.

Also, I'm kind of burned out on old games being repackaged. I grew up in the golden era where there was one revolutionary, industry-changing game and console after another, so I'm wired to want the next greatest thing, not the same old thing with a new coat of paint that I played two or three decades ago.

But that's just me. People are free to like what they like.

Legend of Dragoon
Jak and Daxter
Rayman the great escape and Rayman 3
F-Zero GX (captain Falcon needs some love)
Legend of Zelda Oot, with an improved water temple

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Legend of Dragoon
Jak and Daxter
Rayman the great escape and Rayman 3
F-Zero GX (captain Falcon needs some love)
Legend of Zelda Oot, with an improved water temple

Oh man, I almost forgot about F-Zero GX! Hell yeah I'd love for a modernized re-release of this one! Even as just a test run to show Nintendo that there's an audience for F-Zero. 

If Advance Wars can get a remake, then F-Zero should too!

KOTOR Duology: Blur the line between a remaster and remake. Even if some of the gameplay is seen as outdated, the graphics are the big upgrade I'd like. They should also add the Restored Mod content to KOTOR II.
Paper Mario: It seems weird they're skipping it right now when it needed more touch-ups than TTYD.
EarthBound: Use the graphical style of Link's Awakening (remake) and add some QOL stuff like mass purchasing of items. Remake the first game too to make it more in line with Mother 2 and remake 3 while you're at it.
Persona 4: I want Persona 6 first, but maybe this could release between 2028-2032 to line up with either P4 or P4G's 20th anniversaries.
Classic Persona games: I haven't played any of them, but they should at least be remastered and put on modern systems.
Just Cause 2: A remaster would be fine.

Kid Icarus Uprising: Remake the controls and remaster the graphics.

Fire Emblem Awakening: A remaster would be fine. 

Luigi's Mansion: The remake shouldn't be trapped on 3DS.

Chibi-Robo: I'd settle for a remaster, but a remake would be nice.

Last edited by Wman1996 - on 26 February 2024

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Super Mario Bros. 2
DKC SNES trilogy + Returns
SNES Animaniacs
Ristar
1st Rayman
Kirby 64

- Final Fantasy 6, 8 & 9
- Legend of Dragoon
- Chrono Trigger
- Dino Crisis 1 & 2
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
- Resident Evil: Outbreak 1 & 2
- Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2
- The Simpsons Hit & Run
- Aliens vs Predator (Capcom arcade)

I think remakes/remasters of games that needs it because of reasons that were outside of the scope of what can be done today can exists.

But not everything needs to be remastered or remade nonetheless. Some classics deserves to stay as they are, for the better or the worst. It's why the concerns over older video game preservation is good, although sometimes misplaced.

For example, we just got the remakster announcement of Paper Mario TTYD which I don't think inherently needed one at all when you look at what the original already did. Nintendo could've just done a release on a future GC NSO app and almost everyone would've been cool with it.

But it makes more sense from a money perspective to use few resources to just retool and polish up the original game into a prettier and slightly more complete version of the original.

Inherently, there's isn't much value there .... If you're one of those who played it back then probably.

Peeps from today don't have the experience of these games from then so it's actually pretty neat to get those actually hahaha.

Nonetheless, I'd consider that gaming has evolved enough that games from at least the past generation will not need these remasters anymore.

Edit :

My post is a slight digress to the main point so I'll do one even better. 

I'd like the next 2D Kirby game to be a redo of the cancelled GCN game. It was heavily inspired by Super Star in it's structure. I'd like to see HAL to go back to this exact formula once again. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909