By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games would you like to see receive a remake/remaster?

For better or worse, we live in the age of remakes and remasters. We've received so many of them over the past decade and their output only seems to be increasing as time goes on. There have certainly been some that I've gotten excited for where I hadn't played the games for usually decades at that point. Most recently, I'm incredibly excited to replay Star Wars Dark Forces Remaster this weekend! Especially after seeing Digital Foundry's technical breakdown. Nightdive Studios should be protected at all costs! And another dream remake releasing soon in Age of Mythology: Retold. 

So what games you would like to see get a modern makeover? Feel free to name as many as you'd like! 

In no particular order, the top games on my list would have to be

1) Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
2) Dino Crisis
3) Unreal Tournament (1999)
4) Quake III
5) SNES Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
6) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
7) Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas
8) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Just because it looks like the announced remake is all but cancelled)
9) Jet Set Radio Future (honestly doesn't even need a remaster. Just port it to modern systems)
10) Comix Zone
11) Empire Earth
12) F-Zero: GX (almost forgot)

I was going to list Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, only to remember that Argonaut's founder, Jez San, announced on Twitter last June that a Croc HD was early in development. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 26 February 2024

Around the Network

Well, my #1 answer for this used to be Suikoden 1 and 2, but since they are already getting a remaster, I guess I gotta pick a different answer. Now, if we could get a release date for them, that'd be great.

1. Chrono Trigger (2D/3D Ocotpath style remake) How is this not a thing already?
  2. Final Fantasy VI (2D/3D style)
  3. Dino Crisis
  4. Ogre Battle Person of Lordly Caliber
  5. Breath of Fire 1,2,3,4
  6. Legend of Dragoon I guess
  7. The very first Silent Hill
  8. Metal Gear Solid 1 to 3
  9. Vagrant Story? Vagrant Story!
  10. KOTOR, lets go with KOTOR. 
Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 26 February 2024

Mother3, including localizations outside Japan with a look of the tribute video by Curiomatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OGSXeko-iYff9

Final Fantasy 9, looking like the short film by Memoria Project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaMiPb6KiWo&t=140s

Viewtiful Joe
Metal Gear Solid
Rival Schools

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

In no particular order:

Fallout 1,2 and new vegas
Baldur's gate 1 and 2
Elder scrolls 1 - 3
Metal gear
Kotor

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger and A Link Between Worlds.  One day the first Uncharted game, but not quite yet maybe on the PS6 or PS7 as technology improves.

The one I wanted most of all was Persona 3 so I got super lucky there. Don't know if there are any others I want nearly as badly, but there are still some that would be nice to see though

• Golden Sun 1 & 2 combined remake
  • Mother trilogy remakes
  • Metal Gear Solid 1-2 remake (want those a lot more than 3)
  • Metroid remakes by MercurySteam (though I would maybe rather they work on a new game)
  • Remasters of more Tales games
  • Full remakes of Stacraft 1 or Warcraft II with modernized gameplay (very unlikely but would be dope)

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

The one I wanted most of all was Persona 3 so I got super lucky there. Don't know if there are any others I want nearly as badly, but there are still some that would be nice to see though

• Golden Sun 1 & 2 combined remake
  • Mother trilogy remakes
  • Metal Gear Solid 1-2 remake (want those a lot more than 3)
  • Metroid remakes by MercurySteam (though I would maybe rather they work on a new game)
  • Remasters of more Tales games
  • Full remakes of Stacraft 1 or Warcraft II with modernized gameplay (very unlikely but would be dope)

Dream come true right there! But seeing how Warcraft III: Reforged was handled, I'm not sure if I really want it lol. Tried playing it again recently, and it's still in such bad shape lol. The team has been focusing on just adding basis missing features like leaderboards and clans rather than fundamental fixes to the game. 

Great PS1, N64 and Saturn games that hasnt already gotten a remake.

Bubsy 3D and I'm not kidding. Remake games that actually need it. Go back, give it modern controls and make it good!

That's what I think developers should focus on.  Go back and fix broken games that were ambitious but the technology at the time could not fully realize its vision.