By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Ships 54.8 Million Units as of December 2023, Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Sales Top 10M

Shtinamin_ said:
CGI-Quality said:

How many discounts has Spider-Man 2 had? What about Ragnarök? What were the extent of the price cuts? When did they happen?

While we're not going to turn this into a Nintendo vs Sony thread (this goes for everyone), I'm curious to know how you reached this conclusion. 

Did you decide to read my post above yours? I think it explains things.

It doesn’t as my questions were specific. So, I’m waiting to hear his breakdown.

Around the Network

Fortunately for us, the leaks had shown that bundle sales were significant contributors to the total sales of the first-party games for PlayStation.

Horizon Zero Dawn in the US, for example, had around 37% of total units sold by bundle sales.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Fortunately for us, the leaks had shown that bundle sales were significant contributors to the total sales of the first-party games for PlayStation.

Horizon Zero Dawn in the US, for example, had around 37% of total units sold by bundle sales.

Companies bundle games with consoles. In fact, most big games from a manufacturer has had at least one.

Doesn't change anything. A successful game is a successful game.

CGI-Quality said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Did you decide to read my post above yours? I think it explains things.

It doesn’t as my questions were specific. So, I’m waiting to hear his breakdown.

My post did talk about price cuts and deals.

I hope you have an excellent day.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
CGI-Quality said:

My post did talk about price cuts and deals.

I hope you have an excellent day.

Yes, but my reference to him was regarding a need for a major price revision to clear 10 million, not if price cuts/deals happened. 

But yes, have a great day.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 17 February 2024

Around the Network

The playstation game leak had average price per unit. Spiderman was like 37$.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Keep into account, Horizon Zero Dawn is the high end, other tentpoles like God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, and SpiderMan were closer to 20% bundled. In the case of SM and GOW, both games still comfortably clear 20M+ lifetime without bundles.

Now we have Sony games clearing 10M+ in a few months, Helldivers 2 blowing up as the next big multiplayer hit, and Astro pushing closer to 100M players. The bundled argument, like the deep discounts, is going to age like milk lol. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 17 February 2024

PotentHerbs said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Keep into account, Horizon Zero Dawn is the high end, other tentpoles like God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, and SpiderMan were closer to 20% bundled. In the case of SM and GOW, both games still comfortably clear 20M+ lifetime without bundles.

Now we have Sony games clearing 10M+ in a few months, Helldivers 2 blowing as the next big multiplayer hit, and Astro pushing closer to 100M players. The bundled argument, like the deep discounts, is going to age like milk lol. 

Right. It's disingenuous, particularly when every company bundles games. Very much why, for me, the buck stops with that and why I get strict when I see that thrown about here. 

PotentHerbs said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Now we have Sony games clearing 10M+ in a few months, Helldivers 2 blowing up as the next big multiplayer hit, and Astro pushing closer to 100M players. The bundled argument, like the deep discounts, is going to age like milk lol. 

GOW 2018 - 26% 

GT Sport - 27%

Both are closer to 30%, and that didn't account for the European bundles that will skew the bundle ratio further.

Overall, we have to look at the company's profits to see those games contributions.

PlayStation Operating Profits - $1.6 billion vs Nintendo Operating Profits - $4.1 billion

~ snip

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 17 February 2024