By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Rumor) Playstation 6 to be enhanced by generative AI. To feature Ray Reconstruction and Path Tracing

JackHandy said:

Imagine a future where AI replaces online opponents in FPS. No more dude-bros, screaming gay slurs at you after every match, simply because you had the audacity to play the game in a way that they deem unacceptable.

Help us, AI.

You're our only hope.

We don't have to imagine this. All your talking about is playing SP games with more difficult NPCs.

Around the Network
JackHandy said:

Imagine a future where AI replaces online opponents in FPS. No more dude-bros, screaming gay slurs at you after every match, simply because you had the audacity to play the game in a way that they deem unacceptable.

Help us, AI.

You're our only hope.

You know what is going to happen don't you,   AI adapting dude - bros mannerisms to give the player the authentic gameplay experience. 😁

Last edited by mjk45 - on 01 March 2024

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

method114 said:
JackHandy said:

Help us, AI.

You're our only hope.

We don't have to imagine this. All your talking about is playing SP games with more difficult NPCs.

And incorporating more AI into game development is a step towards AI killing us all, I wish I was making it up. You let AI advance too far and it will not only take away jobs, but it will get people killed. It can't be trusted in art, filmmaking or game development, so it damn well can't be trusted in government or military activities.

Companies need to abandon AI before we're all in even more danger.

CaptainExplosion said:
method114 said:

And incorporating more AI into game development is a step towards AI killing us all, I wish I was making it up. You let AI advance too far and it will not only take away jobs, but it will get people killed. It can't be trusted in art, filmmaking or game development, so it damn well can't be trusted in government or military activities.

AI will absolutely not be abandoned, period. It's too lucrative in many ways, and you can bet on everyone else pursuing AI, so you don't really want to get left behind either. Maybe it might be possible to get individual nations to not utilize AI, but you can't get the whole world to do that, and if your fear is AI killing us all, that's not even nearly good enough. The best you can probably realistically hope for is guiding AI development in a better direction, whatever exactly that might be.

Also, I fully expect AI to kill people sooner rather than later, if it hasn't already. I'm sure AI development for military purposes is in full speed and has been for a good while.

Zkuq said:
CaptainExplosion said:

AI will absolutely not be abandoned, period. It's too lucrative in many ways, and you can bet on everyone else pursuing AI, so you don't really want to get left behind either. Maybe it might be possible to get individual nations to not utilize AI, but you can't get the whole world to do that, and if your fear is AI killing us all, that's not even nearly good enough. The best you can probably realistically hope for is guiding AI development in a better direction, whatever exactly that might be.

Also, I fully expect AI to kill people sooner rather than later, if it hasn't already. I'm sure AI development for military purposes is in full speed and has been for a good while.

Well how do we survive small minded tech companies bringing the robot apocalypse?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Zkuq said:

Well how do we survive small minded tech companies bringing the robot apocalypse?

There will be huge scale protests globally and riots even probably and massive movements globally to boycott industries that try to wholesale replace workers at some point. It will eventually get to a point where people get angry, sure when grocery workers are replaced it's one thing, but when more and more jobs and more and more people are unemployed, then there is going to be a upspring of anger against this unlike anything you've probably ever seen (you think COVID protests were bad, hang on to your butt). It will unite people from different sides of the political spectrum too, and even different classes. 

The whole economic structure of the world can't function if "regular people" don't have jobs, and if they don't have jobs they don't have money to buy all those things like iPhones, Tesla cars, houses, computers, Disneyland vacations, McDonalds on the way home, which in turn means corporations like Apple, Tesla, Disney, etc. etc. etc. etc. also will suffer. Even luxury brands like Louis Vuitton or Cartier, or BMW or Mercedes people save money for months/years to buy those products, how are they going to do that when they don't have jobs. 

So you'll even have the rich people saying "what a second, this is no good ... if those poor people don't have money to spend they won't buy what I'm selling". 

There will be at some point I think a call to ban this if it starts to replace jobs en masse, and if companies like Microsoft think they can just ignore it I wouldn't be surprised to see violent protests outside of their gates and widespread boycotts even outright bans in certain countries. 

This will get serious in the next 15-30 years. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 03 March 2024

Generative ‘A.I is not intelligent and thus can't be called true Artificial intelligence.
Generative AI systems are trained on vast corpuses of data produced by humans, and, despite objections to the contrary, does require human input for widespread adoption.

Let's take the early commercial deployments of neural networks in the 1980s that had workers at the U.S. Postal Service correct errors from mail-sorting machines (As they deployed Optical Character Recognition to check text on mail) to ensure reliable operation... And thus we can surmise that generative AI will require humans to oversee, correct, and tailor the systems’ outputs... Which we just saw a few days ago when Google had to can it's "A.I" effort.

This is in part because, unlike the goals for AI introduced in the 1950s, the machine learning systems underpinning generative A.I of today have absolutely zero understanding of the outputs that they produce.
For instance... A Generative A.I picture of a cat, there is no grasp of its ‘catness’. – Only a statistical correlation of fur, claws, teeth etc'.

And whilst it's only early days yet, A.I. isn't set to become complex and "intelligent" to take over the world any time soon... And considering that current consoles technically use "generative A.I" for upscaling, we are already seeing it in use today... So we should expect it to be used in next gen consoles.

As for jobs... Robotics, machines and computers have been "displacing" tradition work roles for over a century, human oversight will of course always be required, humans will likely continue to be required for maintenance, repairs and upgrades.

The jobs will change, they won't disappear.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Soundwave said:
CaptainExplosion said:

There will be huge scale protests globally and riots even probably and massive movements globally to boycott industries that try to wholesale replace workers at some point. It will eventually get to a point where people get angry, sure when grocery workers are replaced it's one thing, but when more and more jobs and more and more people are unemployed, then there is going to be a upspring of anger against this unlike anything you've probably ever seen (you think COVID protests were bad, hang on to your butt). It will unite people from different sides of the political spectrum too, and even different classes. 

The whole economic structure of the world can't function if "regular people" don't have jobs, and if they don't have jobs they don't have money to buy all those things like iPhones, Tesla cars, houses, computers, Disneyland vacations, McDonalds on the way home, which in turn means corporations like Apple, Tesla, Disney, etc. etc. etc. etc. also will suffer. Even luxury brands like Louis Vuitton or Cartier, or BMW or Mercedes people save money for months/years to buy those products, how are they going to do that when they don't have jobs. 

So you'll even have the rich people saying "what a second, this is no good ... if those poor people don't have money to spend they won't buy what I'm selling". 

There will be at some point I think a call to ban this if it starts to replace jobs en masse, and if companies like Microsoft think they can just ignore it I wouldn't be surprised to see violent protests outside of their gates and widespread boycotts even outright bans in certain countries. 

This will get serious in the next 15-30 years. 

I hate when I'm right. -_-

I think AI graphics could make some amazing random generative content in games.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

I think AI graphics could make some amazing random generative content in games.

And put actual graphic designers and artists out of work. -_-